• Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Erika notes the passing of Liliha Seafood Restaurant:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._35_years.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      John Dominis to be demolished, but another eatery/wedding chapel to be built in its place:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...r+John+Dominis
      That's just wayyyyy to bad. JD was such a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki for a nice romantic dinner on the ocean. It was truly one of a kind. Here's a shot of the Gas Company's 100th anniversary at JD with Perry and Price at their Saturday Morning show.
      Attached Files
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Possibly somewhere within the 500+ posts to this thread, this has already been mentioned but it was a surprise to me today. Video Life at Ward Gateway has closed per a note on their door. I didn't notice a date. I did a quick Google search and didn't find any articles. Dayam...the Apple Store and Video Life have kept this Untechie Tutu from drowning in technology. I needed Video Life today. WAAAAAAH!!! I wonder if they just couldn't compete with the web.

Comment

Happened a couple of months ago if I recall correctly - they ran big headlines in their newspaper ads announcing closeouts and closing. But if you don't read the paper . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Possibly somewhere within the 500+ posts to this thread, this has already been mentioned but it was a surprise to me today. Video Life at Ward Gateway has closed per a note on their door.
            This thread exist in the Kaukau Korner sub-forum so more than likey this would be about places that sells food, either you eat at the site, or take out it or bring it home to make it.

There is another thread in another sub-forum that discusses the closures of other types of businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
              Happened a couple of months ago if I recall correctly - they ran big headlines in their newspaper ads announcing closeouts and closing. But if you don't read the paper . . .
              Bingo! Not the hard copy.
              Originally posted by helen View Post
              This thread exist in the Kaukau Korner sub-forum so more than likey this would be about places that sells food, either you eat at the site, or take out it or bring it home to make it.

There is another thread in another sub-forum that discusses the closures of other types of businesses.
              I never noticed this thread was in Kaukau Korner, Helen. Thanks for the heads up. I know I've seen other posts about disappearing businesses other than restaurants. The thread, "Disappearing businesses", that you link to was started a couple of weeks ago. Where might I have seen non-food related closures over the past few years?

Comment

A few months back I wrote about the new Manalani's Restaurant in Kahaluu, just past the Hygenic Store and the Sunshine Art Gallery headed north on Kam Highway. Supposedly awesome plate lunches, and the owners even jumped in and posted here on HT a couple of times.
                Well, I've been meaning to post that it's been closed for a few months already. Realtors sign out in front, and looking through the chain-link fence you can see that nothing has been touched there for a long time.
                Bummer. I never even had a chance to try it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  A few months back I wrote about the new Manalani's Restaurant in Kahaluu, just past the Hygenic Store and the Sunshine Art Gallery headed north on Kam Highway. Supposedly awesome plate lunches, and the owners even jumped in and posted here on HT a couple of times.
                  Well, I've been meaning to post that it's been closed for a few months already. Realtors sign out in front, and looking through the chain-link fence you can see that nothing has been touched there for a long time.
                  Bummer. I never even had a chance to try it.
                  For some reason... parking maybe? That spot doesn't seem to be able to maintain a business. Remember the choice tacos?
                  Hope I have the same area in mind.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Dave Shapiro writes in this morning's Advertiser about a possible future for Patti's Chinese Kitchen - and other restaurant memories:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...hen+may+revive

Comment

Should this go under disappearing est., when it's actually sort of coming back? From Erika at the Star Bull:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._now_open.html

Comment

Well Bento is closing sometime this month, heard it straight from the owner.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-well-bento-honolulu

It breaks my heart!! One of my all time favorite places..

Comment

PBN reporting that Planet Hollywood will close in Waikiki next week when its lease runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by niimo View Post
                            Well Bento is closing sometime this month, heard it straight from the owner.
                            Was the food here better than at Down to Earth from across the street?

Comment

Erika reports in this morning's Star Bulletin that Well Bento is closing:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...er_bentos.html

Comment

hi this is sansei and i do miss former restaurant the wisteria,they had the best tendon and when my deceased father took us there and i ordered tendon,it was good

it's not good that they had to close wisteria is that was my most favorite japanese restaurant.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X