Clear All

Re: Where to go for breakfast?

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
    Here are a few more:
    Mi Casa Taqueria
    --across the street from Bogart's
    --Mexican place that now serves what I presume are Mexican-style breakfasts
    --haven't had their breakfast items but their regular menu is great
    Just an update on this particular one--they only serve breakfast on Sat and Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos

Mi Casa Taqueria
      --across the street from Bogart's
      --Mexican place that now serves what I presume are Mexican-style breakfasts
      --haven't had their breakfast items but their regular menu is great
      If you have a bigger appetite, this place is for you! Mexican-inspired dishes, large portions (ya get your money's worth!), lots of eggs.

Comment

Another coupla restaurants I forgot about:

1. Longhi's in Ala Moana Center serves breakfast
        --Mon thru Fri, 8am to 10:45am
        --Sat and Sun, 7:30am to 10:45am
        --947-9899

I've not eaten there myself, but friends told me it's pretty good.

2. Pagoda Restaurant
        --www.pagodahotel.com
        --"Breakfast special for $4.95: two pancakes, two scrambled eggs, and two link sausages. It's always a "good morning" when you start off your day with this hearty island breakfast in a beautilful garden setting."
        --Mon thru Fri, 6:30am to 11am

I've not eaten here either.
        Last edited by AbsolutChaos; February 7, 2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Check out Zippy's new Breakfast Wrap.

Just $2.75 gets you in on a soft tortilla, rolled with with eggs, ham, Portuguese sausage, Swiss and Cheddar cheese. Simple, yet so ono! great price-to-portion ratio too, considering it's from what we affectionately call, "Jippo's". lol

Zippy's classic breakfast sandwich, made with a Portuguese Sweet Bread roll, Portuguese sausage, eggs and Cheddar is also a winnah too.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

my vote goes to cafe kaila in the market city:

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/2588/104/

http://www.midweek.com/content/zones...make_and_more/

http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/09/features/eater.html

they serve breakfast (and lunch) dishes till 5 pm just right for people like me who like to eat breakfast stuff after 10 am.
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

eric and i would also suggest the very humble, hole-in-the-wall kalihi eatery, ray's cafe. five words: steak. crab legs. lobster omelet.

but they also have cheap deals on (insert your choice of breakfast meat here--i recommend longanisa if you've never tried it) plus eggs any style, rice and toast.

here's the review from onokinegrindz.com.

here's a review from the advertiser (scroll to bottom)

reviews from yelp.com.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                Another coupla restaurants I forgot about:

1. Longhi's in Ala Moana Center serves breakfast
                --Mon thru Fri, 8am to 10:45am
                --Sat and Sun, 7:30am to 10:45am
                --947-9899

I've not eaten there myself, but friends told me it's pretty good.
                Been to Longhi's brunch, actually pretty good but I think it is overpriced.
                I'll throw my hat in to three different restaurants mentioned -
                Anna Miller's is good for three reasons -
                1. Consistency, you can expect to get pretty good food quickly and for a decent price every time.
                2. Breakfast all day, I've actually never eaten breakfast in the morning here - only at night.
                3. Generally quick service, I've never had to wait longer that 10/15 min for a seat. Once you order the food seems to come out really fast.

Koa Pancake house is awesome for a big ol' greasy omelet with a lot of cheese and bacon and the pancakes are decent.

The Original Pancake House on Kapiolani has great omelets. I dunno what they put in their egg mixture but it is unique and very good. I suggest the potagee sausage omelet
                What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

ISO...the breakfast place mentioned in another thread (can't find which one) by either AC, Cyn or Lei Liko, iirc. I recall it being in Waikiki, possibly in the general area mauka of Tony Roma's and the OP mentioned she had breakfast there with her boyfriend! And, that the food was really good.

I knew I shoulda copied and pasted that restaurant's name into iCal right then and there. Bad tutu. Bad, bad tutu!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    ISO...the breakfast place mentioned in another thread (can't find which one) by either AC, Cyn or Lei Liko, iirc. I recall it being in Waikiki, possibly in the general area mauka of Tony Roma's and the OP mentioned she had breakfast there with her boyfriend! And, that the food was really good.

I knew I shoulda copied and pasted that restaurant's name into iCal right then and there. Bad tutu. Bad, bad tutu!
                    I think you mean The Cream Pot in the Hawaiian Monarch.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                      I think you mean The Cream Pot in the Hawaiian Monarch.
                      Aha! That's it! Thanks glossyp. That enabled me to find the original post by AC, which wasn't all that long ago!

Comment

Pagoda Floating Restaurant. The breakfast buffet goes for $10 Monday thru Saturday with a short time in the morning for Sunday.

There is also a Sunday brunch that runs slighter later and more pricey like around $20 or so but there are more choices.

Comment

Hannara in Waianae.

Comment

Originally posted by T. M. Kawika View Post
                            Hannara in Waianae.
                            There aren't too many other choices! Egads...I still miss EJ's.

Comment

Big City Diner! The pancake sandwich comes with two bacon, two sausage, two eggs and two pancakes. One of the best pancakes I've eaten too. (Denny's pancakes = yuck). I order a side of hashbrowns and its like breakfast for two. We skip lunch when we have breakfast there. Too full!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                                my vote goes to cafe kaila in the market city:

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/2588/104/

http://www.midweek.com/content/zones...make_and_more/

http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/09/features/eater.html

they serve breakfast (and lunch) dishes till 5 pm just right for people like me who like to eat breakfast stuff after 10 am.

thanks for this post, shaveice. we'll try them in the morning, before i go on my passport hunting adventure.

eric and i also like the following for breakfast, but they're all great for lunch, too:

andy's sandwiches in manoa (spinach, bacon, & cheese omelet, whole wheat banana pancakes, papaya-acai shakes. need i say more?)

bogart's on monsarrat (absolutchaos mentioned this one earlier. i'll add these notes: their breakfast bagel is the bomb, as is their italian omelet. coffee is very good, too. the service might be slow, but the beachy college chicks who work there are quite the lookers.)

fritz's bakery on dillingham (bread that's better than great harvest's, awesome crepes, and my second favorite corned beef hash)

grand cafe on pauahi street downtown (they have my favorite corned beef hash on the island, plus bananas foster french toast, and griddle cakes. you can top off your breakfast debauchery with their bread pudding or their chocolate cake, which are both divine)

wailana cafe across from the hilton hawaiian village (they have all-you-can-eat pancake special w/choice of meat and eggs; they're one of the view places in honolulu that serve ish on a shingle; try their belgian waffles and their eggs benedict. mmm!...and all in the classic diner setting as only waikiki could provide.)

i almost forgot to mention mix cafe. if this thread on HT doesn't convince you to go, then nadine kam's review and this one from the weekly will. i will attest that bruno's omelet is the bomb, best enjoyed with an acai smoothie.

kunfunnit! now i'm hungry! *tummy growls*
                                Last edited by cynsaligia; July 1, 2008, 05:44 AM.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X