Chronic Candy...Watch your Keiki!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Candy...Watch your Keiki!

Watch out people they now have pakalolo tasting candy . What the hell is next? I thought bugs in lollypops were bad.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Chronic Candy...Watch your Keiki!

does weed even taste good?
    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by 808blogs
      It doesn't taste, smell or does your BODY GOOD! Stay away from DRUGS! Put that on 808blogs too! Ok?

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Man, this has been around a while. New York grappled with it in 2004. Georgia started worrying about it last summer. I guess now their bill is making national news.

The disclaimer from the site (emphasis added):
        Product descriptions, names of products and images appearing on this website are not intended to mislead or otherwise induce the viewer to believe that our products contain THC, Marijuana or any other illegal substance. Some of our products do contain hemp essential oil, and therefore have the flavor and taste of some hemp related products that you may or may not be familiar with.
        From the AP story above carried by the Washington Post:
        Critics say that, regardless of its content, the candy makes using drugs seem more attractive to children who may not have tried marijuana themselves. The Chronic Candy web site features photographs of celebrities, from rapper Snoop Dogg to actor Verne Troyer, eating the candy or wearing clothing advertising the company. "They not only sell the candy," said community activist and former Atlanta Councilman Derrick Boazman. "They sell a drug-induced lifestyle."

Comment

Does weed even taste good?
          It used to, back in the day, when it was cooked into "magic brownies".
          But that was a long time ago, in a land far away.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It doesn't surprise me that there is pakalolo tasting candy now. I mean, if people can like "turkey and gravy" soda (an actual flavor of Jones soda) , then anything is possible...

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I once tried some hemp-flavored chocolate bars. Bleagh! Maybe hard candies would be different, but hemp-flavored chocolate is a real loser. You know that distinctive, skunky odor that pakalolo has? Well, these chocolate bars had that smell, and they tasted like it too. Definitely not a good thing.

Comment

Depends on your definition of "good." Oh, and the challenge of using "taste" to describe smoke - something you don't really taste in the same way you do food or drink.

I haven't smoked marijuana in many years, and don't have any desire to do so any more. No deep reasons - I enjoyed it on occasion long ago (grew up in the '60s & '70s), but I don't want it any more, simple as that. And I don't pass judgement on those who indulge from time to time, as long as they control their usage, rather than the other way around; same as with alcohol.

Having said that, I don't think anyone smokes weed because of the "taste," but rather the effects and after-effects (including suppression of nausea and increased appetite, as in uses for medical marijuana.) The whole hemp thing is just a marketing tool, a way to make this product stand out from other candies on the market - and it hints at illicit behavior, ooooh! I remember eating "candy cigarettes" and "bubble gum cigars" as a kid; didn't get me hooked on tobacco (though I still do eat more candy than I should; there's the real addiction.)

As for the Jones "turkey & gravy" soda? Oh, it's horrid stuff...and no amount of dope smoking would give me a craving for that putrid dreck.

Comment

Y'all have never actually tasted ganga tea with sugar or honey then eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                    with sugar or honey
                    Aye, there's the rub.

Comment

you could buy those lollipops here back in 2000... used to seem them at hawaii's natural high in waikiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        Aye, there's the rub.
                        Nah...ya rub it, it's hash.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                          you could buy those lollipops here back in 2000... used to seem them at hawaii's natural high in waikiki.
                          what you was doing there?
                          j/k

Comment

buying my bob marley shirts and incense...

Comment

And this while the country is saturated with methamphetamine. Why don't we deal with the drugs that are tearing communities apart first?
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                              X