X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 8

The last sandwich for the day (which was a ham & cheese), a bag of Doritos and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew from the HCC Bookstore.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Pastrimi sub sandwich from Subway and a can of Mountain Dew from a nearby vending machine.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    So how do they compare to Cupcake Royale? The flavors are just in the frosting, right?

Miulang
    No, the cakes as well. Would you believe, I still haven't had CR? A co-worker who has says they aren't quite as good, but mighty close.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Pot roast and wasabi mashed potatoes. I love my slow-cooker.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Ham & Cheese sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew from the HCC Bookstore.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Well, it wasn't "for" lunch, but AFTER lunch, a co-worker and I stopped by a brand new New York Cupcake shop that just opened in downtown Seattle, near Westlake Center. (They were months delayed in opening - originally scheduled for Nov. 2005. They still aren't at full baking capacity.)

We brought back a dozen cupcakes for our office, in mocha, raspberry, vanilla bean and lemon flavors; the place will have about 30 flavors to choose from eventually.
    Oh, I knew that (thank you though, helen); I just didn't want to bore people with locations that mean little to most posters. ("Seattle Threads" doesn't interest me as much, oddly enough. If it even exists.)
    So how do they compare to Cupcake Royale? The flavors are just in the frosting, right?

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Well, it wasn't "for" lunch, but AFTER lunch, a co-worker and I stopped by a brand new New York Cupcake shop that just opened in downtown Seattle, near Westlake Center. (They were months delayed in opening - originally scheduled for Nov. 2005. They still aren't at full baking capacity.)

We brought back a dozen cupcakes for our office, in mocha, raspberry, vanilla bean and lemon flavors; the place will have about 30 flavors to choose from eventually.
    Originally posted by helen
    but just because you are not in Hawaii doesn't mean you can't contribute to this thread
    Oh, I knew that (thank you though, helen); I just didn't want to bore people with locations that mean little to most posters. ("Seattle Threads" doesn't interest me as much, oddly enough. If it even exists.)

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    I generally refrain from adding to these "What's for (meal)?" threads any more, because the places I go are in Seattle - which doesn't do much for the majority of HT posters, who are in Hawai`i, natch. So, could I ask a favor? Can you also say WHERE your meal came from (especially in Hawai`i)? I think that would be as interesting as (if not more so) the food itself. Even if the comment is "from my kitchen."
    And I usally refrain from replying to non-food post in this thread but just because you are not in Hawaii doesn't mean you can't contribute to this thread. It's about what you had for lunch, it doesn't matter if the food comes from your kitchen, the McDonalds two blocks away, the L&L Drive Inn across the street, the Bookstore at Honolulu Community College (only because the HCC Cafeteria is closed during the summer due to they had to clean up the grease trap and that required tearing up the parking lot), or a White Castle in New Jesery.

And there are times that the food one is describing can only come from a certain company. Where else but Taco Bell would you find a Crunchy Taco Supreme or Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box.

And to be honest there have been times I have been to places where I can't remember the name of the place since it's the first time I have been there. This past Saturday had lunch at someplace close by to Schofield Barracks but I can't remember the name (I did have an Angus burger with bacon, swiss and mushrooms).
    Last edited by helen; July 25, 2006, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

My wife's beef-a-roni with tri-colored bow-tie pasta. Mmm! Simple, and delicious. Meal source: our kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

I generally refrain from adding to these "What's for (meal)?" threads any more, because the places I go are in Seattle - which doesn't do much for the majority of HT posters, who are in Hawai`i, natch. So, could I ask a favor? Can you also say WHERE your meal came from (especially in Hawai`i)? I think that would be as interesting as (if not more so) the food itself. Even if the comment is "from my kitchen."

Leave a comment:

• localgrl
    replied

3 Crunchy Taco Supreme's and Lg. Pepsi

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Roast beef sandwich, Ham & cheese sandwich and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• localgrl
    replied

#1 Value Meal at Micky D's + my Venti Mocha Frappaccino w/drizzle from Starbucks!!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Jumbo Jack, Ultimate Cheeseburger and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• kupomog
    replied

Zone Perfect orange cranberry crunch bar, drank Minute Maid pink lemonade. Those bars are really filling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X