X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palolo Joe
    replied
    Re: Pizza?

except maybe a pitcher of beer and some shack burgers at the shack (in kailua, of course). or maybe a pitcher of beer and garlic fries at gordon biersch. or some poke and big aloha brew at sam choy's. or a pitcher of beer and a pizza at the old harpo's on kapahulu (RIP).

magoos is good when they actually have all their beers in stock - which is the case less and less these days. pizza is okay there, but way overpriced.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    I seem to be hooked on the Buffalo Chicken pizza slices at Sam's Club.

nuttin bettah den a pizza or two wit da ohana or a few bruddahs and a few pichas beer at magoo's
    NUT teen.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I seem to be hooked on the Buffalo Chicken pizza slices at Sam's Club.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    California Pizza Kitchens (CPK) has this wonderful Peking Duck pizza with what tastes like Oyster sauce on it. That's about as close as Chinese pizza I've ever eaten.
    That's my favorite CPK pizza too! I like the won ton strips they sprinkle on top. They have a new one...shrimp scampi...that I tried the other night. Very tasty and no red sauce! My favorite pizza of all time anywhere is called "Marguerita" and it only has cheese, fresh slices of tomato and fresh basil on top. Das soooo ono!

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Had a Papa Johns, the Works last night. Even asked for a second garlic butter cup.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

One of these days I'll go order something else at CPK. I wonder if they'll ever open in Hilo? With Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Macy's gee it seems Hilo is going upscale so why not CPK?

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

That's hoisin sauce. One of my favorite CPK pizzas.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

California Pizza Kitchens (CPK) has this wonderful Peking Duck pizza with what tastes like Oyster sauce on it. That's about as close as Chinese pizza I've ever eaten.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

There used to be a place in the 1990's in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center that had Chinese food as pizza toppings. It was pretty okay, they did not use tomato sauce on their pizza.

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by Karen
    Hey back again, dude! (G)

Been cleaning house, patio, shopping for new window draperies, and just being bizzy, ya know. I'll peek at the Walmart thread, but I really don't wanna trash Walmart,

hey, it's an equal opportunity trash board! We trash sprawlmart and da oddahs trash US! Good fun all around!

as they're one of the few things that make living here Affordable.
    K. dass coo!

Hope you're burping your beer, but not getting so sleepy you ignore your chores, k?

"chores"... hmmmm chores. what kine dat!?
    mexican sausage, yea?!

oooohhh dass what those "maid" things do around da hale!

no.
    never touch the stuff...

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied

Hey back again, dude! (G)

Been cleaning house, patio, shopping for new window draperies, and just being bizzy, ya know. I'll peek at the Walmart thread, but I really don't wanna trash Walmart, as they're one of the few things that make living here Affordable.

Hope you're burping your beer, but not getting so sleepy you ignore your chores, k?

Originally posted by kimo55
    No, but it's beer thirty!

wheah you been, gurl!?

hey.
    wee need some input at da Walmart thread. hele on ovah.
    da buggah steh silent.
    haaa.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Anyone know if "Big Gino's" on Smith Street in Chinatown is still around? It was maybe a month ago, but during a drive-by today it appeared to be MIA. I sure hope all that ridiculous construction on Nimitz Highway didn't finally finish them off...

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Hi Kimo!

there's a place called Magoo, or Magoo's? oh yes, peppers, healthy dang thangs! It isn't lunchtime yet, is it?

Lunchtime on tuesday is 4 oclock and on
    Compadres taco Tuesday! Yeee HAAwww!

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Hi Kimo!

there's a place called Magoo, or Magoo's? oh yes, peppers, healthy dang thangs! It isn't lunchtime yet, is it?

No, but it's beer thirty!

wheah you been, gurl!?

hey.
    wee need some input at da Walmart thread. hele on ovah.
    da buggah steh silent.
    haaa.

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied

Hi Kimo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X