Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    SPAM musubi on pizza? A new variation of ‘Hawaiian pizza’ (hawaiinewsnow.com)

You got spam musubi on my pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: Pizza?

DOH temporarily closes Maui pizza restaurant for roach infestation (khon2.com)

Hold the anchovies and kakaroaches!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    I tend to get pizza from Papa John from time to time mainly because it kind of close to home. Domino's is also close by but the times I used them was for stuff other than pizza. Nothing against their pizza but they do have a wider selection of food types like salads and sandwiches which Papa John doesn't offer.
    Both Papa John's and Domino's are owned by right wing, anti-gay extremists. Every dollar spent in their establishments go to support their ultra-conservative, Republican ideology. Yes, you do vote with your dollars. They give big bucks to support the so-called president and his agenda. I will not patronize them, no matter how close to home they are.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I tend to get pizza from Papa John from time to time mainly because it kind of close to home. Domino's is also close by but the times I used them was for stuff other than pizza. Nothing against their pizza but they do have a wider selection of food types like salads and sandwiches which Papa John doesn't offer.

Leave a comment:

• kdramafan
    replied

Finally converted family over the Papa John's. Or maybe because we only order pizza from them on Wednesday when it's Web Wednesday & pizzas are $10. They really like the new Hawaiian (Tropical Luau) pizza. It comes with green peppers & less cheese (less calories).

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

https://www.yahoo.com/food/foods-tha...617317861.html

Skinny pizza is the same as frozen pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Hiu
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    With junk pizza.

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

I ran across 2 forums on pizza making:
    http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php, mostly about making them at home,
    http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/wel...ontinuing.106/, mostly oriented to the pros.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sbarro...134722576.html

The pizza market is too crowded.

Leave a comment:

• Hiu
    replied
    Pizza on Maui!

I wanted to mention Maui best pizza source, Outrigger Pizza Company. Full details can be seen here; http://www.outriggerpizzas.com

The operation is not a sit down restaurant, rather a portable wood stove which travels to scheduled locations on a regular basis. The schedule is on their site.

The crust is amazing. I feel it puts to shame any other crust on the island, certainly all chains! It has been my favorite after a half dozen visits, so it's not like I it has my attention because it's new. The crust is thin and crisp, the way it should be! LOL

$10 (tax included) gets you a pizza that is ~12" in diameter. The varieties available isn't too extensive, but every one I've had was awesome. I visit them when they are in Kihei, Tuesdays and Fridays.

I have no connection other than a big fan of quality pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I've never put pizza in the frig for later, pizza is for now.

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I saw this thread crop up early this morning, and I was forced to fix a slice of pizza for myself. Here is how I fix single slices at home:

I get a Safeway "Take-n-Bake" pizza -- they are cooked and refrigerated (not frozen), meant to be warmed up at home, and come in two sizes, several kinds -- cheese, pepperoni, sausage, supreme (both pepperoni and sausage), and occasionally some more exotic kinds. (If it were up to me, I'd always get sausage, but if it were up to her, my wife would always get pepperoni.)

These are whole pizzas, but I only want to fix a slice at a time. When I get it home, I cut it up into slices, fold back the plastic wrap it comes in, sprinkle with crushed red pepper, and sometimes add shredded mozzarella or grated parmesan. I wrap it back up and keep it in the fridge.

When I want to eat a slice, I moisten with water the bottom and top, optionally add more fillings (sliced mushrooms, ground black pepper, onions, more cheese, ...) and heat it in a 400deg toaster oven until the cheese is melted and the crust has started to brown. Moistening helps the crust be more droopy, soft, and pizza-like and less stiff, dry, and bread-like.

Is it good? It's better than frozen pizza fixed at home. Of course, it can't compete with fresh cooked restaurant pizza. It's not bad. It's convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/14/news...ice/index.html

Mo small?

Leave a comment:

• Fritz
    replied

Saw the current pizza thread and dug this one up to bump it. Figured there had to be a best pizza thread already here.

I'm from Chicago and I and everyone I know there prefers thin crust pizza. The "Chicago style pan pizza" as a local favorite is a tourism urban legend. Sure, if you're feeding a 9 year old's birthday party or filling a buffet for beer-drinkers, stuff 'em full of bread. But if you're enjoying dinner with your family, stick to the good stuff.

My favorite place for pizza is in a village on the edge of the city called Elmwood Park. The restaurant is named Armands, no apostrophe.www.armandspizzeria.com/armands/armandreviews.htm Armands has been in business, at the same location longer than the 50 odd years I have been around.

Pepperoni doesn't belong on pizza, it should be on a submarine sandwich. Italian sausage is the only meat that should be on pizza. My nephew from California went to Armands, when he was a teenager, and asked for pineapple on his pizza. He was soundly rebuked. Check the menu on the link, pineapple is not listed as a topping. You order pineapple on your pizza, you may earn a wedgie.

I would like to try more pizza on Oahu. Magoo's sounds interesting. Did I hear it's closed? Papa John's is a joke and Pizza Hut is barely edible. Mama's in Kailua is another one that sounds interesting. My favorite so far is Round Table. Plus they have Bear's games.
    Last edited by Fritz; May 14, 2009, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glossyp
    replied

We happened to be out in Kailua on Friday and found that Bob's Pizzeria had finally opened. It is in the spot formerly occupied by Deb's Ribs & Old School Soul Food next to Braun Urgent Care Clinic and just across the road from Kalapawai Market. Boston-style which means it's all about the crust - it was perfect. The sauce could definitely use more zing, but overall a decent pie. The better half was thrilled at the possibility of ordering a pizza topped with anchovies and artichoke hearts (I managed to dissuade him on this visit). They also have calzones. BTW, if you order a slice, you get like half a pie, so you have been warned! I think the price per "slice" is about $5. The place was packed on Friday and again on Sunday when we stopped by.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X