• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomai
    replied
    Re: Best Bakery!

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
    Ani's sweet breads
    One of the hidden gems from Ani's is their Okinawan Sweet Potato & Haupia Pie. Cost is $15.95 but it's worth every penny... SO SO SO ONO!

You can only get that pie at their bake shop in Halawa (across the district park). I asked them why they don't sell it in stores, which they said it's too difficult to make and to acquire enough sweet potatoes for high volume production.

Everyone's seen Ted's Pies in the stores, but have you ever seen or tried the Pumpkin-Haupia Pie? I seen it only once (and bought it) at Foodland in Aina Haina. Whoah.. I swear that was THE BEST version of Pumpkin Pie I ever tasted. If you ever see that one, BUY IT. Winnahz!

Leave a comment:

• kupomog
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai
    If you're ever in the Kaneohe area, you gotta' try the apple and coconut turnovers at Deluxe Pastry Shop. Awesome. Gives the Napple a run for the money. Great pies and cakes too.

Deluxe Pastry Shop
    45-1042 Kamehameha Hwy
    Kaneohe, HI 96744-3206
    (808) 247-4235

(located next to the laundromat)
    Yeah! We stop by there at least once a month to pick up some apple turnovers and those mini-eclairs. Sooooo good. We haven't even been to the bakery near Deluxe yet...

We got some banana pies and christmas cookies from Ani's Bake Shop before...they were really good, too. The cookies were very soft.. They've now got my favorite banana pie, behind the ones Violet's Grill had.

Leave a comment:

• smoot
    replied

Bakery Manoa has some really good bread (sandwich kine), both white and wheat, but they sell out fast so you have to get there before lunch time.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

If you're ever in the Kaneohe area, you gotta' try the apple and coconut turnovers at Deluxe Pastry Shop. Awesome. Gives the Napple a run for the money. Great pies and cakes too.

Deluxe Pastry Shop
    45-1042 Kamehameha Hwy
    Kaneohe, HI 96744-3206
    (808) 247-4235

(located next to the laundromat)

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Don't forget Dee Lite Bakery's guava chiffon cake.

Leave a comment:

• Da Rolling Eye
    replied

Originally posted by jasonzzz
    Liliha Bakery wit dem Coco Puffs. What else is there?
    Ani's sweet breads, Leonard's malasadas....just depends on what'll float your boat at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• jasonzzz
    started a topic Best Bakery!

Best Bakery!

Liliha Bakery wit dem Coco Puffs. What else is there?
Working...
X