Egg Roll vs Spring Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Roll vs Spring Roll

So what is the difference between egg roll and spring roll? They sort of look the same, but would the difference be as to what's inside?

Re: Egg Roll vs Spring Roll

iss whatchu pu in sai dat makes it im po tent.
    but den
    you im PO tent, no can pu in sai!

so solly fo dat.
    really.

Comment

Eggroll is Chinese, with all kinds of pork and vegetables rolled up inside and deep fried.
      Spring roll is Vietnamese, Thai. Uses rice paper, rice noodles, fresh, blanched vegetables, shrimp or chicken or pork or tofu. If fried, these are spring rolls, if not, then they are summer rolls.

Frankly, I prefer hoagie rolls.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Lavagirl's got it. There's a significant difference between an egg roll and a spring roll. The former is pretty heavy, meat-centric. The latter is more complex in texture. Don't know if it's actually healthier, but you can pretend it is, given the vegetables!

Personally, I prefer summer rolls to spring rolls. It took me forever to remember the difference between those two, though -- I kept ordering the wrong ones at restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Lavagirl's got it. There's a significant difference between an egg roll and a spring roll. The former is pretty heavy, meat-centric. The latter is more complex in texture. Don't know if it's actually healthier, but you can pretend it is, given the vegetables!

Personally, I prefer summer rolls to spring rolls. It took me forever to remember the difference between those two, though -- I kept ordering the wrong ones at restaurants.
          word...try the summer rolls at bangkok chef on nu'u'anu...wow...plenny wit da shrimp! summah ro's nomo grease...i go wit da sriracha fo dip...
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
            .i go wit da sriracha fo dip...
            I had a sriracha once. not bad on the gas mileage. was ugly but. Sold it, bought a jeep.

Comment

Don't forget Winter Rolls and Fall Rolls.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Is there such thing as Winter and Fall (or Autumn) rolls?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  I had a sriracha once. not bad on the gas mileage. was ugly but. Sold it, bought a jeep.
                  had one nodda sriracha inna trunk too, you know...right next to da extra spring rollbar...coulda had 2 jeeps!

yeeesh...
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

Regarding Spring and Summer Roll...
                    Originally posted by helen
                    Is there such thing as Winter and Fall (or Autumn) rolls?
                    Simply name it a FOUR SEASONS (insert fancy hotel name here) ROLL.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

winter falls, but autumn rolls

Comment

You gotta try My Lumpia's at our Annual HT Picnics!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lumpia!!! Oh man I miss that so much. No moa nuttin' on the Big Island that can compare to Oahu when it comes to ono grinds except for Island Infusion and their mash potato/lau lau/teri chicken plate. Their mash potato is so ono. Yeah jus Island Infusion, da res stay all junk la dat.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I've never seen spring rolls with meat in them before. They're quite good for vegetarians, but I suppose in all cases, it's good to ask what's inside your rolls in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              Lumpia!!! Oh man I miss that so much. No moa nuttin' on the Big Island that can compare to Oahu when it comes to ono grinds except for Island Infusion and their mash potato/lau lau/teri chicken plate. Their mash potato is so ono. Yeah jus Island Infusion, da res stay all junk la dat.
                              Craig, Just let me know when you want it. I'll make some. Freeze and send it to you. All you have to do is deep fry till golden brown. Ok? Ok!!! Anytime my friend.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                              X