• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Good spot for a first date?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    just throw em ovaboard! No more evidence, no gotta drive em home, perfect!
    Hee-hee...I feel sorry for the people who post queries to HT and actually expect only SERIOUS answers!

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

Originally posted by Tiabla
    No way! If the date isn't going well, then you're both stuck!
    just throw em ovaboard! No more evidence, no gotta drive em home, perfect!

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

Also, as a practical matter, it really depends on the person you're dating and you as well. Is there anything either of you won't eat? Anything you guys really like? Are you casual people or get all dressed up and party people? Makes a difference to what would be the best place for any date would be

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Tiabla
    What - no can swim? Unless the cruise is up the Ala Wai...

Leave a comment:

• Tiabla
    replied

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    do a dinner cruise!

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

do a dinner cruise!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    Go VEGAS! BUFFET's!!! all out... spend the big bucks.... if you get em
    Really impress... if your flying from Kauai... take the extra flight...go vegas...
    On a FIRST date?!? Methinks that would be a little overboard, and might send the wrong signals (as in: "look how much I put out for this date, now it's your turn..."), or at the very least, may come across as too serious too soon, which further translates as "desparate."

If the Palomino's there is comparable to the one in Seattle (yeah, I know, CONUS to Hawai`i comparisons can be odious, but it's a chain, after all), that's a nice idea. A classy restaurant, but not too pretentious - conducive to good conversation, which should be a key part of a first date. I would guess Cheesecake Factory is not as good for that.

Remember - you owe us now, so you have to report back on where you end up going!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Man. It's been ages since I've dated... if I ever dated at all! (My wife had to inform me, after we'd been going out for a while, that those were, in fact, dates.) Back then, it was Ken's House of Pancakes with a group, Restaurant Miwa for just the two of us, and a (likely bad) movie at Waiakea Plaza.

I'll agree with Shan-n that Nick's Fishmarket is expensive (probably too strong a statement for a first outing)... Cheesecake Factory and Dave & Busters are also good, if you're looking for the disarming cover of crowds and noise. Lord knows it might be a bit early to have a candle-lit corner booth, you know?

Where are the "cool" places these days? In the "restaurants near other attractions" category? Irifune (classic)? Shokudo (modern)? Is the revamped Hanohano Room all it was promised to be? The O Lounge (okay, no dinner, but pupus and drinks)? Is Indigo hip anymore?

These days, when we get a "date night," it's almost always Molly's Smokehouse, and sometimes Stuart Anderson's. Though with Kilinahe's birthday coming up... I'm long overdue in introducing her to Sushi Sasabune.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

I went to bed thinking about this thread. I still thinking. Hmmmmm...so hard wen one is old. I forget wea I went on First Dates! Been too long. Whatever you do...no take um to Zippy's! And no eat her Steak!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Shan-n
    replied

Here are a few suggestions. And before anyones asks....Yes I have been to all these places on first dates

1) Nick's Fishmarket is a nice romantic restaurant. Maybe kinda expensive though but it is awesome! 2) The Cheesecake Factory is also a great place for a first date. Dinner is really good but you don't necessarily have to have dinner there, you could do drinks and pupus then stroll around Waikiki or the beach. 3) Dave and Buster's is another possibility. Again you could do just drinks and pupus and then challenge each other at some games. That is always fun! Good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

(I'm a 26 yo male) everyday, it's time I got serious about dating
    I'd say it's about time...

Go VEGAS! BUFFET's!!! all out... spend the big bucks.... if you get em

Really impress... if your flying from Kauai... take the extra flight...go vegas...

Otherwise... Makino Chai!
    Last edited by damontucker; August 1, 2006, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

How about an extra special late night picnic while watching the submarine races from the Diamond Head lookout?

Meeeeeeemoooooooories!

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

Try Palomino. It's in Harbor Court (66 Queen Street). It can be expensive but they have a reasonable happy hour (half off pupu menu, really good beverages) and they occasionally have specials. The last one I saw was $20 per person for a 3 course meal.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    started a topic Good spot for a first date?

Good spot for a first date?

Since I'm getting closer to adulthood (I'm a 26 yo male) everyday, it's time I got serious about dating. Where does one take a woman on a first date to dinner on Oahu? I don't want a place that's too cocky, cheap, extravagant, or straightforward for a first date. Suggestions?
Working...
X