• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Palusami and taro.

Comment

The basic filet, medium rare, at Ruth's Chris Steak House. First time I'd been there. Thick, corn-feed beef, aged three weeks, seared at 1,800-degrees, only faintly seasoned, bloody as hell. Man, I was in heaven. And glad I wasn't paying... $42, and that's just for the steak -- every side is extra. The total tab for ten was $980!

Definitely better than Morton's, the only other specialty "steak house" here that I've tried. May very well celebrate our anniversary at Ruth's Chris this year... if I can save up enough beforehand!

Comment

A bowl of veggie soup and a Sam Adams at Ruby Tuesday. But now I'm on the prowl for for a sequel.
        Argh. I came home late this evening to find that my gas stove is gasless. One disadvantage to having no prepared foods in the house is the inability to deal with stuff like this. Going to go look for my propane stove, or else make a run for the border.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Last night for dinner I had wheat spaghetti with tomatoes, and water. It was a late dinner.
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Chef salad and spicy poki ahi from Foodland.

Comment

Steak and salad from the Steak and Fish Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                Steak and salad from the Steak and Fish Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.
                How was it? Good? Bad? Great? Some photos would be nice!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

1stwahine, zztype, scrivener, cranberee, diverdown, manoasurfer123:
                  Unforgettable. May it be the first of many.
                  What's for dinner? Much aloha, with mahalo nui loa for dessert.
                  =Leo & the Alpha Female=

Comment

Last night my 'ohana and I just had a bunch of appetizers for a meal because we ate in front of "American Idol." We taped it because I was out till 9 PM every night rehearsing for performances this weekend.
                    'Alika

Comment

I had a small won ton mein and a Orange bang from Zippy's!
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Last night: haemul pajun (Korean seafood pancake) and kimchi. Went to a Korean restaurant last week and was intrigued by a plate of the stuff at a nearby table, so I found a recipe online and cooked some up last night. Excellent (would also be good as bar food, too).

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Spaghetti carbonara ala wife, with lightly sauteed garlic spinach. Delicious!

Comment

Huli-huli chicken (from a fundraiser), potato salad, corn, musubi. And a beer.

Comment

i cooked dinner tonight for the beau and me: dungeness crab in beer, with shoyu/garlic/vinegar dip. sides were olive oil/rock salt/cracked pepper roasted broccoli and and a salad of fresh basil drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar. plus brown rice. we have crabby-smelling hands, but happy bellies.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Feijoada over rice with braised kale. One of my favorite comfort foods!

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X