• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecntrc
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
    Palusami and taro.
    I want some ulu and taro!!!!! Corn beef long rice!!! oh baby.. where is my mom when I need her..

Leave a comment:

• Ecntrc
    replied

I just asked my sons god father, "so guys whats for dinner tonite?" Hes like "hmm junk food. chicken wings, chips, chicken strips" These two over here love food. Its pretty crazy.

But probably left overs or chicken adobo.

Leave a comment:

• achow
    replied

2 pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken with Rice, and a Aloha maid Green Tea with Ginseng

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Made haemul pajun (seafood pancakes) again because I had some surimi that I had to use up and then I experimented with Chicken Alice's recipe for chicken wings. Instead of wings, I used thighs and drumsticks, added a little bit of sugar to the batter mix, kept it a little stiffer than most batters and after letting it marinate for about 2 hours, baked the chicken at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes instead of deep frying it. I think the added sugar helped make the crust more brown and crispy (not as crisp as deep frying, but I don't like to fry food). Didn't have Park's kimchee sauce on hand (the local Ranch 99 doesn't carry that brand) so the taste was a little "fishier" but it turned out pretty good, all things considered. Maybe I should try making the kimchi sauce myself and not add so much anchovy sauce. A little more tweaking and I think I'll have a winnah!

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Dal, tandoori chicken, naan and basmati rice made at home. Another one of my comfort meals.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• achow
    replied

A large won ton mein from Zippy's and a glass of water....

Leave a comment:

• akrauth
    replied

Beef stew on top of mashed potatoes and rolls with butter.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

The "Bigger" 7 oz. Teriyaki Cheeseburger with Fries ($7.75 total) from Teddy's Bigger Burger in Waikiki...

Notice the teri' sauce dripping over the bottom bun. Yum. The grill was seasoned well in my just-before-closing order, as it imparted an especially-intense smokey, seared and caramelized teriyaki accent to the beef patty. I'm not particularly a Teriyaki fan either, but this was a pleasant change from my normal order.

Plus I got some cool shots of inside the (Waikiki) restaurant, since it was almost closing and almost empty of customers...

Gotta' dig that whimsically-illustrated Waikiki map mural, complete with surf break names. Kinda' like eating cereal, except you're eatin' a burger and "reading the box". lol I'll have a bigger version of that photo montage (than flickr allows) later on my blog.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Slice of pizza, chicken tornadoes and lots of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Homeade chicken and dumplings.....and ice cream sandwiches afterwards.
    I am soooooo stuffed!

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Feijoada over rice with braised kale. One of my favorite comfort foods!

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

i cooked dinner tonight for the beau and me: dungeness crab in beer, with shoyu/garlic/vinegar dip. sides were olive oil/rock salt/cracked pepper roasted broccoli and and a salad of fresh basil drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar. plus brown rice. we have crabby-smelling hands, but happy bellies.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Huli-huli chicken (from a fundraiser), potato salad, corn, musubi. And a beer.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Spaghetti carbonara ala wife, with lightly sauteed garlic spinach. Delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Last night: haemul pajun (Korean seafood pancake) and kimchi. Went to a Korean restaurant last week and was intrigued by a plate of the stuff at a nearby table, so I found a recipe online and cooked some up last night. Excellent (would also be good as bar food, too).

Miulang

Leave a comment:

Working...
X