What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Crusty baguette and sweet butter, cocoa to drink.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi this is sansei and i had for my breakfast,sliced piece's of cantaloupe with half a cup of orange juice and one piece of viactiv to help me with my osteoarthritis on my back and it help's so that's what i usually have for my breakfast.,

well thank's for your time

Comment

yesterday, eric and i shared a breakfast bagel and an italian omelet with home fried potatoes from bogart's (as i said in another thread, the nicaraguan peaberry coffee was divine!)

today, eric & i went to fritz' bakery on dillingham for corned beef hash & eggs (over-easy for eric, over-medium for me) and pancakes.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Cocoa and a croissant.

We ran out of the instant kind of chocolate for milk (like Qwik, etc), so I mixed a few spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powderwith sugar and water to a smooth paste, then added a spoonful to a cup of hot milk...wow! Intense chocolate! (let the paste sit a bit and it gets spongy and then makes the cocoa 'fluffy')

Mmmm!
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Breakfast is still a few hours away. I'm currently paying the price for falling asleep at 9pm! And, now I'm hungry!

Comment

banana, two slices of toast and choco-walla odwalla bar.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

eric & i shared a big bowl of nature's path optimum power cereal and skim milk. i added extra dried blueberries (costco's kirkland brand - almost as big as the fresh berries, and very tasty!)for a little more fruitiness. pretty yummalish cereal for having 10 g fiber and 8 g protein for a one cup, 210 calorie serving.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                  banana, two slices of toast and choco-walla odwalla bar.
                  I had a banana too with a cup of joe and some cherries from our first harvest.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    I had a banana too with a cup of joe and some cherries from our first harvest.

are you growing cherries?
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

The hubby & I went to Koa Pancake House for breakfast today. We shared an order of French Toast, scrambled eggs & bacon, and chocolate chip pancakes. I also had a cup of hot chocolate.
                      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

eric & i went to andy's sandwiches and smoothies in manoa this morning.

the link i provided sings blessings about the mom & pop shop's sandwiches. let me tell you about their breakfasts. we had a very healthy broccoli, mushroom & cheese omelet (we think they use a salamander to make it), whole wheat banana pancakes, a side of turkey bacon (i think five slices) plus an acai-papaya smoothie. their omelets are more like a scramble shaped like an omelet versus having the veggies and cheese tucked into an egg blanket. the turkey bacon was crisp and smokey. the whole wheat banana pancakes are moist and nutty in flavor. they have a blueberry version but it's a little more dense & "bready;" the bananas make the cake lighter. if you're not familiar with acai, then andy's version is a good place to try it, since besides smoothies, they have acai bowls, too.

sunday breakfast is offered til noon. we suggest you get there before 11:30 otherwise you'll join the last minute rush for breakfast line that extends out the door. the reviews i linked to don't lie about the sandwiches either. what i love about andy's is you leave full, but not feeling like a glutton.

Comment

Bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

morning star veggie burger sandwich with egg whites and a cup of coffee.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

This morning I made my signature chocolate breakfast brownie. It's actually a sugar-free chocolate omelette (think souffle) that is filled with some cream cheese and sliced, fresh strawberries...'cept I had no cream cheese. I did add a few blueberries, tho'. Yummm...
                              Last edited by helen; May 14, 2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Went to IHOP at Windward Mall and had a spinach & mushroom omelette with provolone cheese; hash browns; large milk, and a coffee. Not exciting, but not bad. But... $18?!? (And I always leave good tips too, so $23.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X