Spam Musubi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Musubi

Single layer rice with spam on top or two layer rice spam in middle?

Re: Spam Musubi

Single layer rice, Spam on top!

Blasphemer!

Comment

double HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; November 6, 2006, 08:47 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Single layer, le saucy spam on top
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          double HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
          oooooh Auntie, picture make me want to go eat one now...

Comment

Originally posted by HulaHoney View Post
            oooooh Auntie, picture make me want to go eat one now...
            heheheh.

We also have several threads on Spam.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              heheheh.

We also have several threads on Spam.

Auntie Lynn
              HAHAHAHAHAHA ...I try to be more original tomorrow,,,

Comment

Spotted in the Iwilei Costco...

Spam Musubi "gift box", which included (IIRC) 8 cans of original SPAM (with mainland label) and an acrylic SPAM MUSUBI maker "kit" for $14.99. Packaged by Hormel.

I highly doubt this is available in any Costco east of California.

If only they had the Hawaii limited edition labels on it, you'd probably see it up on eBay soon.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  Spotted in the Iwilei Costco...

Spam Musubi "gift box", which included (IIRC) 8 cans of original SPAM (with mainland label) and an acrylic SPAM MUSUBI maker "kit" for $14.99. Packaged by Hormel.

I highly doubt this is available in any Costco east of California.

If only they had the Hawaii limited edition labels on it, you'd probably see it up on eBay soon.
                  Actually, for that price and for all that comes in the package, that would be a STEAL! The musubi maker itself would retail for more than $10 up here. I bet if somebody snatched up a bunch of these (even with the Mainland SPAM label) and put it on eBay, they'd probably make some bux from expats or locals with expat relatives...

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    Actually, for that price and for all that comes in the package, that would be a STEAL!
                    Indeed. That comes out to about $1.88/can (just above avg. sale price in Hawaii), plus the musubi maker FREE. I'm not sure if the one in this set is acrylic or cheap plastic though. BIG price difference!

I bet if somebody snatched up a bunch of these (even with the Mainland SPAM label) and put it on eBay, they'd probably make some bux from expats or locals with expat relatives...
                    Back in 2003 when the Hawaii Collector's Edition Spam was sold here, folks were auctioning them on eBay as "kits" (hilarious!), which included a high quality acrylic musubi maker and a package of Nori. Bids were closing around $20.

Just checked eBay now and none were available.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Back in 2003 when the Hawaii Collector's Edition Spam was sold here, folks were auctioning them on eBay as "kits" (hilarious!), which included a high quality acrylic musubi maker and a package of Nori. Bids were closing around $20.

Just checked eBay now and none were available.
                      Hmmm...wonder what I could get for my 2 cans of Hawaii Collector's Edition Spam now? Or should I just keep them in my disaster kit?

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, here it is...

SPAM Musubi Gift Pack
                        Includes:
                        (4) 12 oz. cans Classic SPAM
                        (4) 12 oz. cans 25% Less Sodium SPAM
                        (1) Hormel SPAM Musubi Maker
                        ~ with unique Hawaiiana Hula Girl Theme Packaging
                        $14.67 (Costco Hawaii Kai)

...so it isn't a high quality acrylic musubi maker, but actually, that cheap-lookin' blue plastic one in the package might be worth some collectible buck$ later when Hormel stops producing it!

I'm still debating whether to throw this on eBay. Seriously!
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

...so it isn't a high quality acrylic musubi maker, but actually, that cheap-lookin' blue plastic one in the package might be worth some collectible buck$ later when Hormel stops producing it!

I'm still debating whether to throw this on eBay. Seriously!
                          I think you should get at least a few to put on eBay for Christmas. There are plenty of tourists who have fallen in love with SPAM musubi who have asked me where they can get their hands on those musubi makers (I've told them they can use the SPAM cans in a pinch). That whole kit would be a bargain up here. Spam costs more than $2.50 a can, and our Costcos don't always carry the 8-packs (and never the low sodium variety when they do have it).

Miulang
                          Last edited by Miulang; December 15, 2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The only problem with this item is that it's HEAVY. As in 6 pounds. Checking the USPS calculator, it comes out to about $13 from Honolulu to the mainland via 3-day priority - just a little less via parcel.

So it would already be almost double the store price (plus more after profit) just because of shipping. Ouch. Kind of a shame to have to pay for shipping all that SPAM back to the mainland, when really the only thing unique is the packaging and that musubi maker.

This is something serious SPAM collectors would/should seek out, not someone who's just looking for a musubi maker. There's much better models out there than this one (assuming from what it looks like on the package). This one is just happens to be NAME BRAND. lol.

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            I think you should get at least a few to put on eBay for Christmas. There are plenty of tourists who have fallen in love with SPAM musubi who have asked me where they can get their hands on those musubi makers (I've told them they can use the SPAM cans in a pinch). That whole kit would be a bargain up here. Spam costs more than $2.50 a can, and our Costcos don't always carry the 8-packs (and never the low sodium variety when they do have it).
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The only problem with this item is that it's HEAVY. As in 6 pounds. Checking the USPS calculator, it comes out to about $13 from Honolulu to the mainland via 3-day priority - just a little less via parcel.

So it would already be almost double the store price (plus more after profit) just because of shipping. Ouch. Kind of a shame to have to pay for shipping all that SPAM back to the mainland, when really the only thing unique is the packaging and that musubi maker.

This is something serious SPAM collectors would/should seek out, not someone who's just looking for a musubi maker. There's much better models out there than this one (assuming from what it looks like on the package). This one is just happens to be NAME BRAND. lol.
                              I wouldn't worry about postage. If someone wants what you're selling bad enough, they will pay the price. I have bought 5 lbs of Starbucks beans on eBay and paid about $15 for postage, too.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X