Mexican Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Food

I love Mexican food...where in Oahu best place for eatz?

Re: Mexican Food

Originally posted by HulaHoney View Post
    Dear HulaHoney, Do a Search in our Archives.

Neva mind. Here it is: http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....=Mexican+foods

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Dear HulaHoney, Do a Search in our Archives.

Neva mind. Here it is: http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....=Mexican+foods

Auntie Lynn
      Hi Auntie...I all lazy right now...it's midnight my brain all pupule...I should go to sleep...

Comment

Hi Auntie...I all lazy right now...it's midnight my brain all pupule...I should go to sleep...
        I know how you feel. I'm like dat 24/7!

I'm Auntie Pupule!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

I know how you feel. I'm like dat 24/7!

I'm Auntie Pupule!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
          You may be pupule...but you so fun! I read many of your comments and they're so colorful...and fun to read.

We off the subject yeah no???? Tee hee hee...

Comment

It's funny about Mexican food. There are so many different regional styles, and so forth. And what one person thinks is so ono, another will scoff and recommend someplace else.

So ... let's go try a few places!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
              So ... let's go try a few places!
              Good idea Mad...I visit Oahu often and I've only been to one place that my friend took me...it was called...I think...Jose's. The food was pretty good. But since then I've never come across any...not that I've ever made an concerted effort to look in the yellow pages.

I'm spoiled out here in SF Bay Area...choke full of Mexican restaurants and from all regions...some good and some bad. Interesting enough, the Mexican food we eat at the restaurants are really not what the natives eat at home...I guess like most ethnics foods. What's served at the restaurant is not what's served at home. I once had a Mexican sister-in-law and the first time I ate at her house I was expecting tacos, enchiladas and burritos. To my surprise it was no where near what I was thinking. One of their favorites is paper thin steak with tortillas served onthe side.

Comment

I miss The Bay Area! I worked on Treasure Island for several years. Commuted to Vallejo. My youngest daughter was born there. Gosh! We had a restaurant called Crispy Lechon on Springs Road right off Hwy 80.

Mexican Food in the Bay Area is onolicious!

You make hungry now and I'm remembering fond memories.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Btw: If you and Maddie decide to go out and eat Mexican Food ~ I'm coming too!

Comment

[QUOTE=1stwahine;113830]I miss The Bay Area! I worked on Treasure Island for several years. Commuted to Vallejo. My youngest daughter was born there. Gosh! We had a restaurant called Crispy Lechon on Springs Road right off Hwy 80.

Fo real...Treasure Island no more...sad...now playground for Socialites. I live 20 minutes from Vallejo..Hercules.

Comment

[QUOTE=HulaHoney;113838]
                    I miss The Bay Area! I worked on Treasure Island for several years. Commuted to Vallejo. My youngest daughter was born there. Gosh! We had a restaurant called Crispy Lechon on Springs Road right off Hwy 80.

Fo real...Treasure Island no more...sad...now playground for Socialites. I live 20 minutes from Vallejo..Hercules.
                    For realz? The Naval Base? I worked for Selective Service Region V Headquarters Bldg. 7 on Treasure Island for Col. Blanchard. I can't believe they closed the whole base down.

SAD!

I have many friends in Vallejo, Suisun and Fairfield. I need to visit. My High School classmate works at the Ritz-Carlton and invited me up...hmmmm...pretty soon.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

[QUOTE=1stwahine;113842]

For realz? The Naval Base? I worked for Selective Service Region V Headquarters Bldg. 7 on Treasure Island for Col. Blanchard. I can't believe they closed the whole base down.

SAD!

I have many friends in Vallejo, Suisun and Fairfield. I need to visit. My High School classmate works at the Ritz-Carlton and invited me up...hmmmm...pretty soon.

Auntie Lynn
                      Yep...now they have huge swap meet once a month...I think 1st Saturday every month. Plus rich people go there for their big parties. Gov also closed Naval Air Station (my ex work there) and Hunters Point. Naval Air Station Alameda...they tore down all military housing and put up expensive homes. I think they should have saved the housing for our homeless people...especially families...which we have plenty here too, also big problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=HulaHoney;113848]
                        Yep...now they have huge swap meet once a month...I think 1st Saturday every month. Plus rich people go there for their big parties. Gov also closed Naval Air Station (my ex work there) and Hunters Point. Naval Air Station Alameda...they tore down all military housing and put up expensive homes. I think they should have saved the housing for our homeless people...especially families...which we have plenty here too, also big problem.
                        Gosh! I am about to go moemoe with a heavy heart tonight. The place I worked at is no moa. I was looking forward in visiting Treasure Island and the building which swayed wen I felt that darn Earthquake back in 1983.

I guess Progress changes everything. Some good. Some bad.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hmmm........

Since there are 2 weblinks on where to put this Mexican restaurant location, I wasn't sure which one to put it on.

This site or that one:
                          http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....=Mexican+foods

Any ways......

There is a brand new Restuarant that just opened up, & they said that they have been open for about a year now,
                          you all can try it out.

It's ok. Personally,I like the Chimichanga in El Charro the most, when it comes to my order of chimichanga,
                          No one beats El Charro (in Sand Island Acces Road).

This new Mexican restaurant is located in:

Los Chaparros Mexican Restaurant

2140 S. Beretania Street
                          Honolulu Hawaii 96826.

Ph.# 951-6399

E-mail: Los Chaparros@hawaii.rr.com

Lunch: Daily 11:00 am - 3:00 PM

Dinner: Sun-Thursday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
                          Fri-Sat 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm

No Website/weblink to post. Sorry.

Well, good luck in mexican restaurant hunting.

Hope you find the right one that becomes your favorite.

Aloha.
                          Last edited by Serenity; January 12, 2007, 03:58 PM.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Forget it

Cease and desist

There are NO, I repeat NO good Mexican food places here. Cholo's, Bandito's, That forgetful place on Ward, That other forgetful place on Sand Island Access Road..........not worth it at all.

The Monterey Bay area in California is my home, and the "Roach Coaches" over there made better carne asada burrito's than any of these places.

The first clue is to look in the kitchen and see if you can see who's doing the cooking. If you see Filipino cooks, then you know you're not going to be eating authentic Mexican. If they offer Mac Salad with your Tamales, then you know you're not in for a fine Mexican dining experience.

Seriously, I'd drive anywhere on the island for a "real" carne asada burrito. I'm talking meat sliced off the bone and then chopped, pinto beans, homemade salsa, and guacamole made from avocado's.....man, I miss the real deal.

The same is true for German food. I tell ya, if some Mexicans got together, or even Germans got together, and opened restaurants cooking their own authentic food, they would be rich in no time.

DD
                            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

There is another Mexican restaurant that opened earlier this week on North School St. just ewa of Mitsu-Ken Okazu (about 50 yards away)....

don't know the name, or was it just called 'Mexican Restaurant'???

Comment

Working...
                              X