Best Fried Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Fried Chicken?

I got back from New Orleans and the winner of the best fried chicken there was Popeye's.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

There was also a Pioneer Chicken in Kahala just outside the bowling alley. Two words for everyone. . . Value Pack.

Anyone remember the line in rapper Warren G.'s song "This DJ"?

I was fourteen years old, havin a sack
      Just a young mother*$#!@# eatin ValuPaks

OK, obscure reference for those over 40, but Pioneer was my favorite. Moms would buy the 9 Piece after baseball or basketball practice and me and my brothers were set.

Comment

From our very own scrivener's photostream, news of a new Church's Chicken location in Kalihi. Among fast-food chicken chains, Church's is our family's favorite (though our tastes are influenced by my wife's southern palate). I hope they'll put one in Wahiawa soon.

Comment

I think there's a Church's in the Pearlridge uptown food court. Call first before to make sure they are actually there.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
            I think there's a Church's in the Pearlridge uptown food court. Call first before to make sure they are actually there.
            Yes. There are several posts in this very thread that discuss that!
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Woolworth's Fried Chicken

A Hawaii expat recently emailed me seeking out the recipe for Woolworth's Fried Chicken. Anyone got any sources or suggested recipe substitutions you think would taste like theirs?

I told the person that Foodland and Safeway's deli fried chicken reminded me of Woolworth's, with that crispy, sort of thick batter, but he said it's not quite the same. I can't remember exactly how Woolworth's Fried Chicken tasted (seasonings-wise), except for those attributes.

Searching around, there's some interesting recollections of it made here at mmm-yoso!!!'s blog.

I don't remember that foil bag, either. Only the chicken sitting under a heat lamp warmer in the store. And the smell of the store, which had an interesting combination of fried chicken, coffee, fragrance candles, sweets, new clothes and textiles.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mmmmm..., textiles!
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

oh, yeah! that chicken was good and greasy. i used to always get the drumsticks. sorry, don't remember the seasonings either. can't eat fried chicken anymore anyways.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Another vote for Chruch's. Scores of their stores here in Phoenix and I heard that there's one in Pearlridge there.
                    ===================================

Lifetime fan of the world famous Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                    X