No Longer On The Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Longer On The Menu

Favorite Food Items that went *POOF* off of their menus from current establishments.....

I used to work at JACK IN THE BOX over at the Dillingham Locatiion eons ago. Btw, is it still there? The Burger King is walking distance and Mayor Wright Housing stay nearby.... I rememba Jack In The Crack used to have Steak Dinners & Shrimp and something else I may be forgetting or was it just these 2? I always ordered the steak for my meal breaks. Why did it go away?
    Also They had a chicken sandwhich that was wrapped in a green foil which I forget what it was called. I used to order that a lot.
    A nooooooooo NACHO TACO SALAD with the meat and cheese. I used to prepare that too also. And I read that the PANIOLO BREAKFAST exclusive only to HAWAII JITB is no more.
    WHAT? NO APPLE TURNOVERS ?!?!?!? the HORROR!

Re: No Longer On The Menu

Apparently Safeway is discontinuing its Greek sandwich, which, in my HUMBLE opinion, is a huge-ssa stupid-edttub MISTAKE. But don't listen to EM! SNOROM!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
      I used to work at JACK IN THE BOX over at the Dillingham Locatiion eons ago. Btw, is it still there? The Burger King is walking distance and Mayor Wright Housing stay nearby
      Jack-in-da-Box is still there. Burger King is long gone. It is now a Cutter Dealership. And yes, MWH is still nearby with me right in the middle of it all!

...with my Bazooka Water Gun waiting in the bushes to attack like Rambo!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Jack-in-da-Box is still there. Burger King is long gone. It is now a Cutter Dealership.

BK no stay ova dea?

Awww too bad.

Well As I recall the space I recall fits da mold fo cahs and many cahs but still kinda weird it became that though.

Comment

Favorite Food Items that went *POOF* off of their menus from current establishments.....
          I used to work at JACK IN THE BOX over at the Dillingham Locatiion eons ago. Btw, is it still there? The Burger King is walking distance and Mayor Wright Housing stay nearby.... I rememba Jack In The Crack used to have Steak Dinners & Shrimp and something else I may be forgetting or was it just these 2? I always ordered the steak for my meal breaks. Why did it go away?
          Also They had a chicken sandwhich that was wrapped in a green foil which I forget what it was called. I used to order that a lot.
          A nooooooooo NACHO TACO SALAD with the meat and cheese. I used to prepare that too also. And I read that the PANIOLO BREAKFAST exclusive only to HAWAII JITB is no more.
          WHAT? NO APPLE TURNOVERS ?!?!?!? the HORROR!
          After JITB blew up the clown, circa 1980s, and re-branded itself and its menu (except for some items, like the Breakfast Jack, Jumbo Jack and Tacos) -- it had a hot ham and cheese sandwich -- on a Kaiser Roll, I think. MAN was that good!! I'd always order it with extra sauce, because it was creamy and cheesy and salty and ... wow -- REALLY good. Horrible for me/my arteries, I'm sure, but MAN that was a good sammich. I miss it.

Since it brought back the clown, it's changed the fries from what they were long ago, to a really yummy version -- coated with, I dunno, seasoned potato starch, I was told -- to "natural cut fries."

The ones with the really good, crispy coating were marketed with the slogan, "Jack's are better than Mac's" (and I agreed!).

The natural cut fries they serve now -- for my taste -- are NOT better than Mac's.

I DO love Jack's curly fries, though! (I'm sure they're available to many restaurants, provided by some uber-huge foodservice industry conglomerate like Ventura Foods, ConAgra or ADM or something, but I try not to think about such things when I'm treating myself to naughty food.)

Speaking of fries -- the most unusual (and yummy!) quick-service fries I ever ate on Oahu were at the old Big-Way Burger, in Wahiawa. The fries themselves were probably garden-variety, frozen, ready-to-fry fries in a foodservice pack, but the SEASONING set them apart.

The family operation kept its proprietary recipes, including that for the fries seasoning ... but I'm fairly certain it had celery salt and a little black pepper in it ... maybe some garlic powder too ... I've not been able to replicate it -- but it sho' was good!
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I guess the rubber used to make them got too costly
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X