Favorite Grocery Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Grocery Store

I chose Don Quijote mainly because of convenience... I live very close by, can walk to it and they have a good selection of groceries and a lot of Asian and local food. Plus various deli, ready to eat stuff both inside and outside the store (vendors in the food court area).... and I think since it switched over from Daiei to DQ, the store's atmosphere has gotten a little better, definitely more cluttered, but seems to offer more merchandise. The only thing I miss from the Daiei / Holiday Mart days is the old "Dollar Store" section where they had a lot of stuff selling for only $1. I think prices have somewhat spiked up at DQ, but that probably can be attributed to the cost of doing business generally going up this year in Hawaii. (more taxes )

If I am not shopping at DQ, my secondary choices for grocery items are usually Foodland and once in a blue moon, Times. I don't have a Costco or Sam's Club membership as I live in a home of one (myself) and don't have much space to bulk shop and store.

When I visit the Big Island (which is a few times a year, especially with $19 air fares), my family there shops at KTA Hilo or Kamuela, and for something while we are in residence in Honokaa, TKS (T. Kaneshiro Store).
    Last edited by mel; April 23, 2007, 04:49 AM. Reason: added links
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
    X