romantic dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• romantic dinner

Looking for a nice place to have a romantic dinner with my girlfriend. Any suggestions? Was thinking of Hoku's at Kahala Mandarin or Aarons.

Re: romantic dinner

Take a look at this thread:
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=12469

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

for intimate (meaning, not noisy, cozy, and dimly lit but not so dark that you can't see your food) setting, plus great food, good wine selection, wonderfully inobtrusive but friendly service, i'd say:

cafe miro on waialae (french food--they have foie gras! the sauces--crucial to french cuisine--were omigawd-i-just-died-and-went-to-food-heaven good)
      le guignol on king kitty corner to the blaisedell (continental cuisine; they even have an "outdoor cafe" area if you like that--they also have foie gras, and the quail and sweetbreads we enjoyed last week friday were divine)
      12th avenue grill in kaimuki on, der! 12th ave (american bistro--molten chocolate cake goooood!)
      garlic ninniku ya on waialae ave (sorta euro food w/japanese sensibility--they have an outdoor dining area as well. best crabcakes on the island, i tell you!)

if you are a oenophile, then formaggio (market city) and du vin (across from the hawaii theatre) and vino (restaurant row), while a little noisier, and not your typical "romantic dinner" spots can be quite romantic, if you think that a really good gastronomic experience plus really great wine can make for a really great romance igniter (which I do).

any of these were amongst the best meals the beau and i have had. and we're critical--him bcs he worked in the restaurant biz for years, and me bcs i've learned from him and a previous BF who was also in the restaurant biz (tho eric's taste buds are much more discerning than my efftard ex's).

you can look all these places up on google or ask.com and find reviews. hope this helps!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by eatpoi View Post
        Looking for a nice place to have a romantic dinner with my girlfriend. Any suggestions? Was thinking of Hoku's at Kahala Mandarin or Aarons.
        Hoku's is one of the most beautiful restaurants in Honolulu since its renovation. Food, service, etc. are all great, but the wine list is outrageously priced. It's the only reason I won't go back there. If you don't drink wine, go for it. I also always like to recommend Bali by the Sea because most people don't think of it. The chef there makes some of the best food I've eaten, ever. You can't beat the view or the service either. An overview of Honolulu fine dining.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I might be trying Bali by the Sea. Time to try someplace new.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
            [...]I also always like to recommend Bali by the Sea[...]
            I 2nd this suggestion...an incredible dining experience.

Comment

Romance is all in the mood....if you can cook, a homecooked meal will work wonders for that special lady
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                Romance is all in the mood....if you can cook, a homecooked meal will work wonders for that special lady
                I agree that a meal cooked by the dearly beloved is wonderful, but a sinkful of dishes doesn't put me in the mood, even if he's going to do them! A romantic dinner out is a wonderful experience that cannot be duplicated so I applaud eatpoi's plan!

Comment

I agree that a meal cooked by the dearly beloved is wonderful, but a sinkful of dishes doesn't put me in the mood, even if he's going to do them! A romantic dinner out is a wonderful experience that cannot be duplicated so I applaud eatpoi's plan!
                  How about a personal chef that could come to your home, cook , clean ,etc. ?

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                    How about a personal chef that could come to your home, cook , clean ,etc. ?
                    Now that sounds wonderful!

Comment

Now that sounds wonderful!
                      I wonder how much that would cost? I sure in Honolulu, chefs do that. Everything from menu to clean up can be arranged.

Flickr

Comment

If I was there, I would offer to do it. That was my first impulse thought. I have done in numerous times, and is a brilliant way to "wow" someone. I did it for the cost of materials and a minimal flat rate, not by the hour. Not to mention, you get exactly what you want, when you want, and don't have to worry about a thing.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          If I was there, I would offer to do it. That was my first impulse thought. I have done in numerous times, and is a brilliant way to "wow" someone. I did it for the cost of materials and a minimal flat rate, not by the hour. Not to mention, you get exactly what you want, when you want, and don't have to worry about a thing.
                          And to think you'll eventually be living almost next door to me!!! Seriously, maybe that can become a nice side income for you in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            And to think you'll eventually be living almost next door to me!!! Seriously, maybe that can become a nice side income for you in Hawaii.
                            How far away is the Trump Tower going to be near your building? TATT, that would be the place to advertise being a personal chef...

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              How far away is the Trump Tower going to be near your building? TATT, that would be the place to advertise being a personal chef...

Miulang
                              I'm not sure TATT knows that so I'll chime in...
                              Less than a mile!

He might even pick up a gig or 2 in "our" building!

Comment

Working...
                              X