Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Okazuya

Originally posted by miltk View Post
    Can anyone give me some "-ya's" that are in the Honolulu area and east to the windward side of the island. Caryn's looks close. Since I plan to beach on that side of the island, I'd like something along the way. I'll probably take the Pali hwy to the beaches.
    In Kaneohe, there's Masa & Joyce.

Another one to consider since you're taking the Pali is Nuuanu Okazuya, which is just up the street near downtown, about a block over, behind the Pali Long's.

Like most Okazuya's, arrive early (no later than 11am) for best selection.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by miltk View Post
      Can anyone give me some "-ya's" that are in the Honolulu area and east to the windward side of the island. Caryn's looks close. Since I plan to beach on that side of the island, I'd like something along the way. I'll probably take the Pali hwy to the beaches.
      There is this small place next to Coconut Grove music in Kailua...I think it's called Kuulei's Okazuya. Pretty good but a little pricey.
      Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

it is kuulei (delicatessen). they have new owners. not as good as the original imo. also, blossom's in enchanted lake. not bad, but pricey as well. there's the one at windward mall (don't know the name) and of course, zippy's for the zip pack.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I rememeber when I was living in Oahu (Kalihi town) back when I was growing up.. I remember down at Gulick Ave. right there almost by the intersection on Gulick Ave. & School St.. ova deya.. get one Okazuya store that's been up for so long and the ono okazuya food for sure.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i do agree that gulick's okazuya is one of the best and i do miss wisteria which had the best tendon which is tempura on rice with vegetable's and this was the best dish and i miss it and i dont mind gulick's okazuya is they have the best sushi with either cornbeef hash pattie's or something with egg's and those are yum!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and i do agree that gulick's okazuya is one of the best and i do miss wisteria
              I liked the Oxtail Soup at Wisteria.

Comment

Working...
              X