X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Let's Do Lunch!

PZ - thanks for the update. I guess I will have to cancel joining you.
    Yeah, why's that? The date hasn't changed...

Hey, folks, if Du Vin's not your style, just say what is. We've got several days to choose a venue. Heidi's, Cafe Laniakea, and the Korean sushi place in Fran's building have been other suggestions. Du Vin's just my obsession at the moment, but I can eat anywhere. Hell, I'll take McDonald's if it's the only way to see y'all.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Wait. Why do you have to cancel joining us?

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

PZ - thanks for the update. I guess I will have to cancel joining you.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Well, it's not food court prices, but it's not food court cuisine, either! The only area on the menu where the prices seemed a bit scary was the 100+ wine list. I think appetizers run $4-7, and the daily specials at least (looking back at the sign on the door) ran $12-$14. I can't see a good lunch costing more than $25.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Du Vin's sounds like a great idea, as long as the priciness doesn't put anyone off. I'm fine with it. How do you people feel?

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

I've still got it down, and am looking forward to it. See, Christa? You didn't miss us yet!

Mitchell mentioned Heidi's, I guess that's the one in the Pacific Guardian Center near the bottom of Bishop Street? I've only eaten there once, visiting LavaNet, but it was nice indeed! As for Cafe Laniakea at the YWCA, it's always a good choice.

There are lots of great options. Our own glossyp took my wife, son and I to Brasserie Du Vin on Bethel, next door to Soul de Cuba. French-inspired cuisine, which you gotta admit is a nice break from the usual downtown options... and an incredibly charming side room that can be reserved. So if Heidi's or Cafe Laniakea don't get the tummy rumbling, Du Vin's my suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

are folks still planning to meet on 12/28 for lunch? if so - did you all decide where/what time?

Leave a comment:

• christa
    replied

wait.. THIS thursday? let me know! that's .... ahhhh.... my birthday too

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    Coolness. So far we have Ryan, Lynn, Fran, and me. Anyone else want to join us in celebration of Christmas Break?
    I can make it on Thursday Dec. 28.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Whereva's...I love FOOD! I'll be there.hahahaha

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Hi Scriv - we have a new place at Remington College Bldg. called "Zen Sushi". It's Korean style sushi and it's REALLY GOOD!!!!! I don't even like sushi & I think it's good. We got a special tasting last week before they opened - he served us 9 different kinds of sushi - I now have a few favorites. If you like sushi, you should try this place.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Coolness. So far we have Ryan, Lynn, Fran, and me. Anyone else want to join us in celebration of Christmas Break?

Here are my preferences:
    1. Something casual and light but not too casual.
    2. Not Chinese food or Korean food because I eat those all the time.
    3. I'd love to get sushi if there's a good place for it.
    4. Or Mediterranean food, but not at Leo's Taverna because I go there a lot.
    5. Or a good salad and sandwich combo. I like Heidi's a lot; how do you all feel about Heidi's?
    6. I've never eaten at the Y; how is it?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
    Bard and I will be having lunch at Macaroni Grill on 22 December ... in Reno. Anyone wanna join us?
    You pay my ticket and I'm there!

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Bard and I will be having lunch at Macaroni Grill on 22 December ... in Reno. Anyone wanna join us?

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

how nice - that's my birthday! can i go too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X