Let's Do Lunch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Do Lunch!

Du Vin's sounds like a great idea, as long as the priciness doesn't put anyone off. I'm fine with it. How do you people feel?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well, it's not food court prices, but it's not food court cuisine, either! The only area on the menu where the prices seemed a bit scary was the 100+ wine list. I think appetizers run $4-7, and the daily specials at least (looking back at the sign on the door) ran $12-$14. I can't see a good lunch costing more than $25.

Comment

PZ - thanks for the update. I guess I will have to cancel joining you.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Wait. Why do you have to cancel joining us?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

PZ - thanks for the update. I guess I will have to cancel joining you.
            Yeah, why's that? The date hasn't changed...

Hey, folks, if Du Vin's not your style, just say what is. We've got several days to choose a venue. Heidi's, Cafe Laniakea, and the Korean sushi place in Fran's building have been other suggestions. Du Vin's just my obsession at the moment, but I can eat anywhere. Hell, I'll take McDonald's if it's the only way to see y'all.

Comment

It's also Fran's B.D. I put my vote in foa the Korean Sushi place ~ I heard it's excellent!

But anyplace you all choose count me in.

I love Food but I love you all BETTA!

Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Yeah, why's that? The date hasn't changed...[...]
                Just a guess on my part but, possibly, for many a $25. lunch tab might be a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  Hell, I'll take McDonald's if it's the only way to see y'all.
                  Me too. Unless you've been there, you really don't know what it's like never to have a chance to really have lunch. Because my school doesn't have a cafeteria or food service, "lunch" is whatever I have the foresight to prepare the night before (because forget about mornings!), which means I'm often grabbing a Pop-Tart at the gas station on my way to work, or finishing someone else's Doritos. Plus, lunch is only 40 minutes long, and the first five of them are spent wrapping things up from the class period before, and the last five of them are spent getting things ready for the next two periods. Lunch is also the only time students can come talk to me about stuff if they don't grab me before school. So the very act of sitting down with other adults and having lunch without worrying about what I've got to do next is a blessing all by itself.

So yeah. Don't just say you're out. Let's work on it so we can hang.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

1) i'm on a VERY limited budget
                    2) i usually only have about 30 min. for lunch
                    3) much as i would love to try PZ's choice - its too far away from my office

no other reasons
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

So what is the plan for tomorrow? Like time of day and where?

Comment

Fran, is your lunch at a set time? If so, post it here and THAT will be our meeting time at the Korean sushi place at Remington College (near Mitchell's Shoe Repair, if it's still there. I need a picture of me in front of that place).
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hey! Where is this place what time? I get an hour for lunch each day, but I usually take it at 1pm, as I don't go in to work until 9am. That's gonna be too late, I'm guessing?
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

I'm flexible for lunch time. I should warn you all that due to some repairs to the flooring, we are short one umbrella table so right at noon, seating may be tight. I would suggest coming more like 12:30 or so. If it's too crowded, we can come upstairs & eat in our conference room if anyone likes.

JDub - Remington College is located at Bishop & Hotel Sts, same block/same side of the street as Hawn Tel. Just look for the building will all the food places.

Scriv - yes, the shoe repair place is still there.

Thanks for deciding to come there for lunch - Mr. Kim of Zen Sushi is looking forward to all of you enjoying his sushi!
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

12:30 at Zen Sushi in the Remington College building. That's on Bishop, just shy of the Bishop/Hotel intersection. I'll be there perhaps fifteen minutes earlier to vulture a table if one opens up.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'll shake it up to Hotel at 1pm and hope yall're still around. If not, ain't no thang, I'm down for a 6-piece ebi nigiri with wasabi shoyu so hot it'll melt my face.
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X