Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    that is so wrong.
    But it felt so...not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied
    Re: Let's Do Lunch!

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Just to clarify to anyone else that is reading this that the cheesy Korean maki did contain cheese as well as kim chee.
    that is so wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

A spontaneous lunch must also happen in late May/early June.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    But the spicy ahi temaki and the cheesy Korean maki were freebies.
    Just to clarify to anyone else that is reading this that the cheesy Korean maki did contain cheese as well as kim chee.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Thanks, anapuni808, helen, pz, and jdub, for the great company. We had a nice lunch and even nicer conversation. The proprietor must have thought, with all his picture-taking, that Pz was someone important, because he kept bringing us free food and almost didn't let me pay for the platter I shared with Pz. He finally conceded and said, "Just give me ten dollars," so I gave him the sawbuck and dropped a few bills into the tip jar. But the spicy ahi temaki and the cheesy Korean maki were freebies.

It was incredibly pleasant to be able to sit down with friends and chat over a mid-day meal! I am thinking of switching careers...

Leave a comment:

• jdub
    replied

Dammit! Why didn't I finish my ebi?! Now I'm starving!

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    A great lunch was had at Zen Sushi, a Korean sushi shop that actually isn't celebrating its "Grand Opening" until Jan. 8! A mix of things from the diverse menu were consumed, including some items graciously offered by proprietor Jong Ho Kim. He was still hanging signs and pictures of dishes as we ate!

It was good to see scrivener, anapuni808, jdub, and helen downtown today. Happy birthday, Fran, and thanks, Mitchell, for calling us all together. Here's to more spontaneous lunches in 2007!
    I'm jealous. Food looks great!

It's so hard for me to get to downtown from work for lunch. Hopefully there'll be a spontaneous lunch gathering in Kaimuki one day soon!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

A great lunch was had at Zen Sushi, a Korean sushi shop that actually isn't celebrating its "Grand Opening" until Jan. 8! A mix of things from the diverse menu were consumed, including some items graciously offered by proprietor Jong Ho Kim. He was still hanging signs and pictures of dishes as we ate!

It was good to see scrivener, anapuni808, jdub, and helen downtown today. Happy birthday, Fran, and thanks, Mitchell, for calling us all together. Here's to more spontaneous lunches in 2007!

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Wish I could join youz guyz. Enjoy your cool, melt-in-your-mouth kisses from the sea! I want to read about the gathering, OK?

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

well, after we all have group.................ummm, sushi together, let's make it clear that we don't have to call each other in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Sarah McLachlan once told a friend of mine that sushi reminded her of oral sex; he was too taken aback to ask the follow-up question of which kind. But he's never viewed a sushi meal the same since. (Note to Scrivener - the friend is the Canadian musician on Cockburn's label; I heard the story at his wedding; fortunately --- or perhaps not --- it was AFTER I had spoken with her.)

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

For those of you who know what this stuff is, Zen Sushi has the following:

Maki Mono = 10 different items from $2.99 to $5.99

Temaki = 26 different items from $.99 to $2.59 each

Nigiri Special = 12 different items
    Ikura Nigiri is 3 pcs for $3.99, rest are all 6 pcs for $3.99

Donburi = 5 different items at $4.99 each

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Well, I've always felt there were some incredibly sensuous qualities to sushi. (Leaving aside the question of whether a "California roll" is, indeed, sushi.) Though I don't expect the menu at Remington College to lead to such intense levels of ecstacy, I do look greatly forward to today's lunch gathering nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

hmmm, I never knew sushi could be so ............... interesting.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

I was talkin' 'bout sushi!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X