Re: Let's Do Lunch!

Hey! I a grown-up with kid's heart and mind. heheheh

Count me in!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

I like Thursday. As for where, I'm totally open to suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Works for me! Where would you like to go on your grown-up field trip? How's Thursday, Dec. 28?

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

This high school teacher is on Christmas break, and since I NEVER get to "do lunch," I'd love to get together for a bite any time in the week following Christmas, if anyone's interested. C'mon, let me be a grownup for a change!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

The December Bytemarks geek lunch is a week early in December, to steer clear of Christmas madness. Geeks or people who like geeks are invited to bring your own lunch and drink and join a bunch of other geeks for a casual talkstory gathering today in the courtyard of the YWCA on Richards Street. Folks drift in an out from 11:30 to 1:30, and we'd love to see you there!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Anyone downtown ever up for a spontaneous, casual, talkstory lunch, let me know. While I've done better at bringing lunch from home and saving money, I'm also feeling a bit of cabin fever and am trying to force myself to leave the building now and then!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Good news! Today is the monthly "Bytemarks" gathering of geeks at the YWCA downtown. Find Burt in the Laniakea courtyard at 11:30. (Even better news? I won't be there, as everyone in this house is being flattened by a nasty bug.) Bring a lunch, your best tech story and your newest gadget, and enjoy the talkstory!

Leave a comment:

• hawaiidreaming
    replied

shame it wasnt before i go home that day

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Between eGullet, HawaiiDiner.com, and HawaiiThreads.com (and its sister sites), there's definitely room for a regular lunch social. Anyone interested?
    Did I "hear" the word lunch??? I'd be interested! I'm just not sure I can guarantee making it until the last minute though...my job can be quite frustrating in that regard! I have a better chance ot making it if the lunch is later as opposed to earlier too.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Usually, but it is rescheduled if availability is a problem for the usual attendees or if something else big and tech related conflicts. Even I've goofed up on occasion, with the meeting moved to a Wednesday and me showing up on Tuesday instead.

You should just sign up with the Bytemarks mailing list, which includes meeting reminders, along with some generally interesting but sporadic tech talk.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Can I assume that the Bytemarks lunch event is held on the last Thursday of the month?

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    So when is the next Bytemarks lunch?
    Today! YWCA courtyard at about 11:30 a.m. Might just be me, but one geek still makes for a geek lunch, right?

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

So when is the next Bytemarks lunch?

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Just a heads up to chatty downtown geeks, Burt "Quark" Lum's monthly BYOG (bring your own grinds) lunch gathering at the YWCA is taking place this Thursday. Brown bag it or order something from Cafe Laniakea, and join the wide-ranging conversation!

Leave a comment:

• skchai
    replied

Zarquon is right - I'm not privy to such things. They're transitioning into Invision Power Board ver. 2.0, simultaneously with the product itself easing itself out of beta testing. So they're still fiddling with some of the features and disabling others, and I'm sure the membership list is the last thing they'll bring back up. Maybe a vBulletin vs. Invision discussion at some point?

Bytemarks lunch is a great institutions. . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X