Another Wendy's location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Wendy's location

I remember reading an article in either Friday's or Saturday's Star-Bulletin that Wendy's is going to open up another location around the Kahala Mall area sometime in 2005.

Re: Another Wendy's location

I've always thought the franchisee for Wendy's was either really poor or really inept. For the longest time there was one downtown and one in Wahiawa, and as far as I know that was it. I mean, the world doesn't really need more burger places, but Wendy's product is pretty good.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

All the Wendy's over here turned into Jack in the Box right?

There are now at least 4 Wendy's on Oahu, a couple on the Big Island and one or two on Maui. I like Wendy's and obviously America does too as its the 2nd biggest chain behind McDonald's now.

Makiki Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        I've always thought the franchisee for Wendy's was either really poor or really inept.
        Makikiboy is right. Wendy's was once thriving in Honolulu (I used to go to the one at S. King and Punahou all the time), but the main franchisee bailed when Jack In The Box bought out all their locations during a national expansion push. I'm pretty sure the folks who later squeezed back in at Ala Moana, downtown and Wahiawa were different folks, and had to start from scratch.

Fortunately, Wendy's reputation is strong again (remember the food poisoning scare?), and based on the long lines at the Puuloa Road location and this new location in Kahala Mall, it'll get easier and easier to grab that 99 cent bacon cheeseburger or caesar salad.

In fact, I think one new location by 2006 is fairly conservative. And I wonder if there aren't better (and more affordable, property-wise) neighborhoods than Kahala for a fast-food outlet like Wendy's...

Comment

French fries dipped in a nice frosty! Love that salty-sweet-hot-cold treat. I know what's for lunch tomorrow.

Comment

My one memorable experience with Wendy's was in Munich, Germany in 1984. It was a cold, wet, miserable day, and I tried to order a cheeseburger, but of course I didn't know the language and tried pointing at the menu. I ended up with a bowl of chili.

I didn't know about the locations buyout; that explains a lot.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Yeah the local Jack-in-the-Box brought out the local Wendy's back in the late 80's. Slowly in the 90's Wendy's came back, of course one closed in the downtown area due to high rent.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                I'm pretty sure the folks who later squeezed back in at Ala Moana, downtown and Wahiawa were different folks, and had to start from scratch.
                Where and when was the Ala Moana location?

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Fortunately, Wendy's reputation is strong again (remember the food poisoning scare?)
                That was Jack-in-the-Box on the mainland that had a couple of people dying from undercooked beef.

Comment

Wendy’s iconic chili coming to grocery stores soon | KHON2

For one helluva kau kau.

Comment

Working...
                  X