Micronesians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micronesians!

Our State is in a Crisis. We have a problem. It's not only in Hawaii. It's happening across the Nation.

From The Advertiser:
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...20/1318/NEWS25

"Micronesian leaders will discuss migrant problems"

A conference titled "Micronesian Voices in Hawai'i" will be held April 3-4 at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa's Imin Conference Center.

Today is the deadline to register. General registration is $20. Students pay $5. Registration includes lunch both days and the closing reception. Go to www.hawaii.edu/cpis/2008conf/ or call 956-7700."

I will be attending this conference.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Micronesians!

You didn't really say what the "problem" is; neither does the article you link to.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      You didn't really say what the "problem" is; neither does the article you link to.
      I don't have the statistics for Honolulu.

However, most crime at MWH are Micronesians whether victims or suspects.

Tisha, the Coordinator of the Conference is to be commended for making this happen. It is a positive step in bringing minds together to resolve issues.

Olelo will bill taping the conference.

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I agree that there needs to be some type of dialogue opened between the various groups. The conference is a start. I'll be interested to hear your report. Guam has been on the frontlines of Micronesian immigration since the original Compact of Free Association was signed more than two decades ago and faces similar issues. Most often the Micronesians are the victims and frequently from within their own ethnic group. I don't know what the stats are here.

Comment

Working...
        X