Door to door church groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door to door church groups

Is there a way to stop those door to door church people from coming to your house?????
    They always seem to pound on the door at the wrong time.
    I've asked them, very politely, many time to stop coming to our home. They always tell me that they will put us on the list to not disturb.
    They still pound on the door at least once a month.
    There is a law stopping telemarketing phone calls, I don't see any differance between the two.

Re: Door to door church groups

You can post a sign on your door or gate or...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
      They still pound on the door at least once a month.
      Better do like our friend sansei, and run into a back room when they show up. They may not be Mormans!
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Is there a way to stop those door to door church people from coming to your house?????
        I've tried many things. Said I was not interested, please don't call again. Told them I was Jewish. Hung a Pentagram on the door. Ran and hid.

Now I let the pit bull answer it. She's sweet as a box of Lucky Charms, but her bark gives them the heave-ho. I realize that's not an option for most people, but the fake 'mean dog on duty' sign could make them stop and think? A "No solicitors' sign never works.... they always think that doesn't mean them, or even what solicitor means! It doesn't mean hookers keep out.

That's as annoying as the people with clipboards outside of stores, trying to get you to sign petitions and/or registering you to vote... we already registered. They get paid by the signature, so they won't leave you alone either. We used to fake a Swedish accent, like we didn't understand English, but now we just say we're Canadians... that works. No accent needed. Eh?

Comment

Yes. Auntie Pupule.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I always engage them wholly and logically, pointing out some of the many obvious impossibilities, and inconsistencies, that exist in the Bible. Most of them leave shaking their heads, and questioning their faith. It kills them when I say there are two kinds of people, those who rely on intellect, and those who prefer faith. If your daughter came home pregnant, and said she'd never had sex, would you start a new religion, or would you think she was lying? If God made man in his own image, do you think he would be stupid enough to die in a hurricane in New Orleans? Why do you choose such a vengeful, jealous God in the first place? God doesn't want you to have any other gods before him because he's struggling with an inferiority complex.

Stuff like that. You get the drift. It's all in good fun.

When I have the time, I consider it protecting my neighbors from the nuisance.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

You could try giving them some religious/philosophical pamphlets of your own.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                I always engage them wholly and logically, pointing out some of the many obvious impossibilities, and inconsistencies, that exist in the Bible. Most of them leave shaking their heads, and questioning their faith. It kills them when I say there are two kinds of people, those who rely on intellect, and those who prefer faith. If your daughter came home pregnant, and said she'd never had sex, would you start a new religion, or would you think she was lying? If God made man in his own image, do you think he would be stupid enough to die in a hurricane in New Orleans? Why do you choose such a vengeful, jealous God in the first place? God doesn't want you to have any other gods before him because he's struggling with an inferiority complex.

God knows, I hate it when I agree with you... Only kidding.......

I have been known to pull the same thing. I've even agreed to listen to their side only if they agree to listen to my side - the religion of physics. That always scares them off

Comment

Chalk up another....this time it's AcousticLady. I'm the guy everybody loves to hate to love.

God knows I love Physics. So does He.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Too good, Tim, too good! Thanks for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Why don't you just show them your "I'm a Conservative" card?
                      Another way is to eat garlic and kim chee before talking to them.
                      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; February 11, 2009, 07:51 PM. Reason: add

Comment

A conservative might be construed as a religious kind of guy.

Perhaps I should show them my RepubliCRAT card.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                          You could try giving them some religious/philosophical pamphlets of your own.
                          I like that. We could even return the pamphlets they gave us last time... sort of a "pass it on" lending library.
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

I just ignore the doorbell until they go away. But if they're that persistant, that might not be a good tactic for you. One of my friends just plays really, really dumb and continually cuts them off when they start talking.

"We're here to tell you about our Church..."
                            "Ohhh, I went to church once when I was 12. I had the prettiest dress on. It was pink and blue and had flowers. When we bought it, Mom took me for out for ice-cream at (make up name of some ice-cream place). Have you ever been there?"
                            "Uh, no. We wanted to.."
                            "Oh, you totally should! It's sooo good. They have Snickers ice-cream! Snickers! And cake batter! And (goes on to list like 10 different flavors)."
                            Anytime they cut in or say something, just follow this pattern and talk and talk until they go away. Or if they don't, then finally give a big sigh and say, "Well, I've got to go now. They get worried if I'm gone too long! It was fun talking to you. Byeeeee!"

And smile and close the door.
                            Make crazy eyes while you're doing this.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I believe in God but I don't bother him,,,, although I have done in the past when I was desperate.

Does that me a hyperite ? If you are on the ground and wounded and shout "God PLEASE Help me."

He did or I wouldn't be chatting to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X