Chicken Skin Kine Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Skin Kine Stories

Growing up in the islands goes hand in hand with folklore and story telling. I remember this older girl at my summer fun camp who would tell us some that would keep me up at night.

What kind of stories did your kupunas or friends tell you when growing up that gave you chicken skin?

Re: Chicken Skin Kine Stories

Originally posted by Kinimaka View Post
    Growing up in the islands goes hand in hand with folklore and story telling. I remember this older girl at my summer fun camp who would tell us some that would keep me up at night.

What kind of stories did your kupunas or friends tell you when growing up that gave you chicken skin?
    My two young daughters got all chicken skin when talking about the Sleestaks on the "Land of the Lost" TV program. Nothing freaked them out more than those Sleestaks! But they couldn't resist watching the program every week, hiding their eyes, or putting a pillow over their head when the Sleestaks made an appearance.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

There should be an old thread about Hawaii's ghost stories.

Comment

There have been a few!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          There have been a few!
          Mahalo! Checking it out now. I love this kind of stuff!

Comment

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/1...opaka-kapanui/

Chicken skin time for Halloween.

Comment

Mysteries of Hawaii: Top two most haunted places around East Oahu | KHON2

Two of the most well known local ghost stories that happen at the Kahala area.

Comment

Working...
              X