• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palolo Joe
    replied
    Re: FOR RENT: 1 Closet, Kailua, $100/mo., utilities included

Originally posted by Tiabla View Post
    Why rent when you can buy?
    You can buy it, but that doesn't mean you'll have anywhere to put it...

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Posted By dick some time ago.....Re: Shake and Quake!
    So "we" need to construct rabbit hutches that will encourage squalor?
    Hey, pack 'em in like rats... they ain't got no money, what the hell do they care?

This thread is proof that SOME people would be happy with a small rabbit hutch apartment.

I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• Tiabla
    replied

Why rent when you can buy?

$100 plywood shack with all-around screen windows and door

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Eh no make fun of my goat! And it's name is McLane!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    I get lawnmowa for rent!
    20 ducks or one goat?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I get lawnmowa for rent!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    And hey you kids, get off my lawn!
    Lawn for rent - $300/month - call Glen at ...

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Well, living in MWH has it's benefits! I live on Prime Property in the heart of Downtown, Honolulu. Centeralized, near to where all the major Buses pass. I have access to parks and resturants. Chinatown is walking distance. Schools and all the Major Hospitals just a few blocks away.

Cost is a percentage of one's income.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; February 17, 2006, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by lurkah
    Amazing. Back in '98 I rented a studio apartment on the 7th floor of Holiday Village on Amana St. (round condo building near Daiei) that had a mini-kitchen and included utilities and an A/C unit for only $550/mo.
    Talk about a small world, I lived in that building between 1987 to 1992. I think my rent during that time was around the $480 to $500 range too. I had no A/C in my unit.
    Last edited by helen; February 17, 2006, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Amazing. Back in '98 I rented a studio apartment on the 7th floor of Holiday Village on Amana St. (round condo building near Daiei) that had a mini-kitchen and included utilities and an A/C unit for only $550/mo.

Where is all this headed? Maybe a form of this.
    IIRC, rentals during the late 90s were fairly low (by Hawaii standards!). In contrast, during the late 80s, when the Japanese real estate invasion occurred, rentals were at an all-time high. I lived in Kahala at the time and the property consisted of a main house, where I lived, plus a converted garage (1 bdrm apt. w/small kitchen & bath) and a converted 'shed' (studio apt., approx. 8'x20', w/kitchenette & bath). The former rented for $950/mo and the latter for $650/mo. I never had vacancies! Those rentals allowed me to live in the main house for next to nuthin'!

Regardless...there's nothing better than living oceanfront even if the interior space is only 400 sq ft!

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

[INDENT]Amazing. Back in '98 I rented a studio apartment on the 7th floor of Holiday Village on Amana St. (round condo building near Daiei) that had a mini-kitchen and included utilities and an A/C unit for only $550/mo.
    Had something similar; a studio in the Banyan (sheridan/s king) just mauka that area. Cute place. About 150. per month i think. this was about 1976...

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man
    Do any of you remember "Animal House" up in Makiki?
    where was that?
    I stayed in sumpin like that when i got kicked outta the house when i was 17 or so, once..
    It was a huge house, two story. Overlooked Honolulu. I had a smallish room big enuff for a bed and nitestand. Sounds like that walk in closet. It was a big bedroom, i assume, walled off with Masonite. You could hear the next guy or girl's sheets wrinkling.

We had our choice of upstairs or downstairs kitchens or bathrooms. Everyone was mellow and got along.
    'Course, i wasn't here long. Just a month or so. Then went stir crazy and ended up with own place...

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I've long said I'd be happy to pay $100 a month for just enough space in a carport to put down a sleeping bag. No need toilet, I'd bring my own big plastic bottle and take it away to empty it.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui

A very recent rental in Kaneohe was a tiny 8' x 15' room, plus a small bathroom. No kitchen facilities at all. The whole thing is smaller than some walk-in closets. It rented for $600 per month.
    And they had a ton of applicants. Including some couples.

Where is all this headed? Maybe a form of this.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

A very recent rental in Kaneohe was a tiny 8' x 15' room, plus a small bathroom. No kitchen facilities at all. The whole thing is smaller than some walk-in closets. It rented for $600 per month.
    And they had a ton of applicants. Including some couples.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X