X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hate Crime?

Originally posted by mungbeansoup View Post
    Oh please. What a trite comment. That's the kind of statement Whites make when they want to avoid an unpleasant topic, ie "it is a 'fallacy' to blame individuals for the behavior of a group of people" blah blah.

The reality is that, responsible or not on an individual level, as a group Whites have committed their share of atrocities throughout the world and directly benefit from said atrocities simply on the basis of their race.
    Striking an innocent woman hardly stirkes a blow for the "cause". Why not advocate beating white children for those same atrocities? Must be wonderful to enjoy many of those same benefits and yet be able to distance oneself from responsibility for how they came to be.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

That's the kind of statement Whites make when they want to avoid an unpleasant topic, ie "it is a 'fallacy' to blame individuals for the behavior of a group of people" blah blah.
      Let's see if I get this --- you condemn a particular racially-identified group for ascribing a specific behavior to a particular racially-identified group...by ascribing a specific behavior to a particular racially-identified group? Having a bit of a logic dilemma with that argument.

Comment

The reality is that, responsible or not on an individual level, as a group Whites have committed their share of atrocities throughout the world and directly benefit from said atrocities simply on the basis of their race.
        Clarification: Do you mean "whites" as a racial group -- including Arabs and Indians -- or as an ethnic group from a narrowly defined area?

When you define yourself as a victim and others as oppressors, vast secret conspiracies make more sense.

BTW, Kamehameha Schools is a haole institution.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
          Hey Alohabear...Go back to Japan!
          Everybody back to Africa!
          Burl Burlingame
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

An estimated 246,000 Native Hawaiians live in the islands, 20% of the state's population, according to a Census survey last year. Another 140,000 live in mainland states. All but about 10,000 are of mixed races, state surveys indicate.
            If we ALL went back to where we came from, all but about 10,000 Kanaka Maoli would exist.....good plan

Source
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

only Hawaiians commit acts of racial violence in Hawaii.

only the Hawaiian in the criminal is responsible for his crime.

only Hawaiians makes racist statements.

only Hawaiians victimize haoles.

This last 10+ posts in this thread is nauseating the hell out of me.

pax

Comment

This thread has been a microscopic view of the pervasiveness of ignorance, I mean truly brick-thick ignorance, that is the scourge of Hawaii. These types of attitudes will be passed from parent to child, thereby dooming an entire people to a sinister form of perpetual slavery that is nearly invisible to society.

The fascinating part is that the ignorance is so ingrained, that the perps cannot see the damage being caused. It is so ingrained, that it overpowers any maternal instinct of survival or biological success. Mothers and Fathers cannot possibly hope for the survival of their progeny while simultaneously embracing ignorance as the foundation, ney the essence, of their existence.

Therein lies the root cause of the demise of a culture, a people, perhaps even a nation. As Cro-Magnon replaced Neanderthal due to brain capacity, it seems that ignorance, or the aversion to intelligence, is one cause of the extinction of a people. You will find the proof in a parking lot in Honolulu, at the beach in Hookena, or in the living room of their families. It really is fascinating from a social anthropological perspective.

And Mung will not shed one tear, even as your heart should be breaking, while I will spend every Thursday morning reading to the small children, of many beautiful colors, at the elementary school.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post

KSBE is a elitist institution that only wants the best of the breed. I really don't think that was the Princesses dream in her will....
                  I give, devise and bequeath all of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate real and personal, wherever situated unto the trustees below named, their heirs and assigns forever, to hold upon the following trusts, namely: to erect and maintain in the Hawaiian Islands two schools, each for boarding and day scholars, one for boys and one for girls, to be known as, and called the Kamehameha Schools.

I direct my trustees to expend such amount as they may deem best, not to exceed however one-half of the fund which may come into their hands, in the purchase of suitable premises, the erection of school buildings, and in furnishing the same with the necessary and appropriate fixtures furniture and apparatus.

I direct my trustees to invest the remainder of my estate in such manner as they may think best, and to expend the annual income in the maintenance of said schools; meaning thereby the salaries of teachers, the repairing buildings and other incidental expenses; and to devote a portion of each years income to the support and education of orphans, and others in indigent circumstances, giving the preference to Hawaiians of pure or part aboriginal blood; the proportion in which said annual income is to be divided among the various objects above mentioned to be determined solely by my said trustees they to have full discretion.

I desire my trustees to provide first and chiefly a good education in the common English branches, and also instruction in morals and in such useful knowledge as may tend to make good and industrious men and women; and I desire instruction in the higher branches to be subsidiary to the foregoing objects.
                  I don't see anything about "and no let the dumb or lope keiki in". If the Kanaka Maoli want something to protest, why protest about one haole kid wanting to go to KSBE, but protest the RIGHT for all keiki of Hawaiians of pure or part aboriginal blood to go to KSBE! Oh, but Hawaiians don't fight Hawaiians....do they?

What I don't get is when that haole kid tries to go to KSBE, the ignorants who got the rejecting letter from KSBE saying their keiki wasn't good enough for KSBE, rally together in support of the school...WTF!?
                  Last edited by alohabear; March 8, 2007, 08:04 AM.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

How so?

If your answer has anything to do with Charles Reed Bishop or blood quatum lines, then you should try to find a more valid answer.

Comment

Some of these posts are just disgusting! You cannont compare this isolated incident to every Hawaiian on the island. That is just insane. I have lived here for 7 years and have met many 'true' Hawaiians who are very loving and friendly. There is bad people in every race.
                      Whoever said that comment about white supremacist such as the KKK need to clean up their act before we see a change......How dare you! I don't judge African Americans for the Blood gangs.....or Italians for the Mob.....don't you dare put me......a white American.....in the same category. I refuse to be a victim of racial violence because of something that happened hundreds of years ago, that is just stupid. This was a tragic incident and the fact that the husband was a soilder that served in Iraq, a woman was hit by a man, and a 3 year old witnessed it only made it that more tragic. My arguement this whole time is that the media needs to spotlight the racial tensions here....WITH ALL RACES......in hopes that some people will change their ways! The way of thinking that I see in some of your posts will only keep the tensions here and you will intern pass that along to your children.
                      Glad you could contribute to this growing problem!

Comment

People,
                        People who need people
                        Are the luckiest people in the world
                        Were children needing other children
                        And yet letting our grown-up pride
                        Hide all the need inside
                        Acting more like children than children

With one person
                        One very special person
                        A feeling deep in your soul
                        Says you are half now youre whole
                        No more hunger and thirst
                        But first be a person who needs people
                        People, people who need people
                        Are the luckiest people in the world.

Take away the colors, race, and whateva's...we are ALL HUMAN BEINGS ~ Hate is UGLY!!!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

somebody, hold my hair! And please shut the fucghahawaHAWK-ah-haaa-hahAWWWWP already!

pax

Comment

That this much discussion is derived from an incident that -- under other circumstances -- would be pretty much passed over is a clue that the "problem" of race is never far from people's thoughts.

I don't see it as a problem. Diversity gives us strength and makes us more rounded human beings.

The essence of civilized behavior is that you DON't act on your impulses and fears.

No one is saying that only Hawaiians commit crimes. That would be dumb. But it's also dumb to rationalize the commission any crime on anything other than personal responsibility.
                            Burl Burlingame
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                              Striking an innocent woman hardly stirkes a blow for the "cause". Why not advocate beating white children for those same atrocities? Must be wonderful to enjoy many of those same benefits and yet be able to distance oneself from responsibility for how they came to be.
                              Who's "cause"? I'm not advocating a cause, per se. My point is that these things happen all the time to everyone, regardless of race, religion, etc. This makes news because it happens to a White couple in the state of "racial harmony".

Comment

Clarification: Do you mean "whites" as a racial group -- including Arabs and Indians -- or as an ethnic group from a narrowly defined area?

When you define yourself as a victim and others as oppressors, vast secret conspiracies make more sense.

That's right, 1941, obsfucate when necessary. I mean "White" in the colloquial sense. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

I haven't defined myself. I'm commenting on one aspect of society. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Kamehameha--irrelevent. Never mentioned it. Unless you're trying to change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X