X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hate Crime?

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    according to the 2000 hawaii census, 285,006 chinese, and 380,821 filipinos identified themselves as chinese or filipino (respectively), mixed with one other race or more.

that same census states that 391,584 japanese identified themselves as being mixed with other races:
    You must have gone private school girlfriend. What, Priory? Cuz I went public school and it says 94910 Japanese out of 296674 identified as 2 or more races, not 391,584. That is a percentage of 31% of the total state population.

You can do the math but for Filipinos your charts say 38% are mixed race.
    And for Chinese, its 67%.

This also leaves out contaminating factors such as which group has had more new arrivals of pure ethnic backgound? Filipinos and Chinese have continued to immigrate to Hawaii in numbers much larger than for Japanese. So if you could compare intermarrying rates based upon how many generations an immigrant family has lived in Hawaii, the numbers would be skewed even further toward Japanese marrying out less.

Now the state left out Hawaiian and Portuguese, but any rational person would agree that the percentages for those ethnicities would meet or probably beat the Chinese 67%. In fact, if there are only 1000 Hawaiians left and about 400000 who identify themselves as Hawaiian/Part-Hawaiian, then that means 99.75% of all people of Hawaiian ancestry are of mixed race.

Missionary Haoles Probably Here.
    Japanese 31%
    Filipino 38%
    Chinese 67%
    Portuguese Probably here.
    Hawaiian 99%

So your numbers make my point. Japanese married out THE LEAST OF ANY MAJOR ETHNIC GROUP IN HAWAII, even as recently as your 2000 census.

Thank you for making my point.

IMUA Public School Hawaii!
    Last edited by kamuelakea; March 12, 2007, 09:31 AM.

Comment

additionally, a 1986 study of intermarriage in hawaii from 1950 to 1983 (your "twenty five years ago" would be 1982, in case you forgot) showed "By ethnic group, the Japanese show the largest increase in intermarrige rates." in fact, the study also states that caucasian men were the least likely in that time period to intermarry.

http://www.popline.org/docs/0716/208420.html

into the toilet also goes your assertion that japanese in hawaii did not intermarry until about 25 years ago.
      You are really having trouble here and I'm concerned about your educational background.

The fact that Japanese showed the largest percentage increase MAKES MY POINT. When you start close to ZERO, the percentage increases will be large. Get it?

See when you go from 1 to 2, thats a 100% increase. (think Japanese)
      But when you go from 350000 to 400000 thats only a 14% increase. (think Hawaiian)

Who is intermarrying more? 1 Japanese or 50,000 Hawaiians? Hint: Not a trick question.

Really, weah you wen grad honey?

Aloha
      Last edited by kamuelakea; March 12, 2007, 09:29 AM.

Comment

OMG!!!! Wat am I to do? I 'm 51 years old!!!! It's already starting...NOT!

I totally disagree with the above comment. I dunno where you've been looking but I've been to the mother land as well as lived in Hawai'i all my Life and ALL Women no matter what race ages beautifully.

For Beauty is only skin deep as well as in the eyes of the beholder.

Auntie Lynn
        I agree Auntie, and most Filipino ladies over 60 I know are absolutely beautiful because their smile, happiness, love of life, kindness and generosity. I still say the physical catch up happens but who cares, cuz like you say physical beauty is really only skin deep. It's gonna get us all, if we're lucky. Always better than the alternatives.

Eh, some of my favorite girlfriends waz filipinos. Whew, Hot blooded is right.

Aloha

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          Samoan: Exhibit A http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ff...-tuiavii,0.jpg

Fijian: Exhibit B

http://www.justpacific.com/fiji/fiji...cal-fijian.jpg

Hawaiian: Exhibit C

http://www.exit50.com/images/April2005/_dukesurfer.jpg

As a group, polynesians are all the most beautiful race on Earth. But you gotta admit, Hawaiians da mos handsome.
          Sole, you are so full of it... I agree the Polynesians are the most beautiful race...but I dunno about da Hawaiians being da mos handsome. Don't get me wrong, Hawaiians are some handsome fellas but not da most handsome.

Here, I'll do you one betta brah...
          Samoan Lome Fa'atau rugby

Troy polamalu & Lofa Tatupu

http://www.diehardsteel.com/files/im...nZilberman.jpg

Greg Louganis
          http://espn.go.com/i/sportscentury/inline/louganis.jpg

Esera Tuaolo
          http://images.publicradio.org/conten..._vikings_2.jpg

The Laughing Samoans
          http://www.talakeiolanews.com/images/laughingSa8.jpg

Haha It was not a hate crime.

1stwahine- I love filipino women. I just never understood how wahine so small could be so dominating. Seriously....I don't mean to stereotype but they sure do like to wear the da pants in the relationship.

Comment

It's only gonna take 2 or 3 more generations for everybody to be of similar color. Love does not see in color.

The very notion of tracing one's heritage (ethnicity) will be less important in the future as the various races continue to intermingle and breed children of mixed ethnicity.

I already describe myself as Modern American. I do not claim either Irish, English, French, German, Italian, or any other specific nationalities. I am American through and through. 3rd generation Californian with roots that came across America in wagon trains. Lots of intermarriage, and cultural mingling. Now I'm married to a Latina of mixed heritage, who does not speak Spanish, and we have a daughter. What ethnicity is she? She is American. And her favorite little boyfriend at school is this blonde toe-headed boy, with a Hapa-Hawaiian Mom. How will I ever describe my grandkids someday?

In college I never thought of Rufus as my black friend. He was my bud.
            In business I never see my clients as colors. They are homeowners.
            In life, I open the book and read a few pages, before I judge anything.

Everyday, it becomes more entertaining, or downright laughable, to watch various people cling to their "ethnicities" as if they have some special value. The futility of it all is a little sad. I hope they find love eventually, so that they become cured of their myopic view of humanity.

Welcome to Earth. Humans live here.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
              Haha It was not a hate crime.

1stwahine- I love filipino women. I just never understood how wahine so small could be so dominating. Seriously....I don't mean to stereotype but they sure do like to wear the da pants in the relationship.
              HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dominating. Yep! It's true. In fact, I have a new boyfriend. If he don't get his ack together he'll be out the door before he can spell Timbackto!

Next....

heheheh

Pilipino women? Yes. I got Potorican and Cherokee blood in me too.

Your picture of that hunk of a Samoan is way too HOT!!!!

I love eye candy...of ALL handsome people.

btw: Tim Kona...yes. We are ALL Humans. Unlike you, I'm PROUD of my Heritage. Especially, of my Lemurian connection!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                I

The very notion of tracing one's heritage (ethnicity) will be less important in the future as the various races continue to intermingle and breed children of mixed ethnicity.

I already describe myself as Modern American. I do not claim either Irish, English, French, German, Italian, or any other specific nationalities. I am American through and through. 3rd generation Californian with roots that came across America in wagon trains. Lots of intermarriage, and cultural mingling.

Everyday, it becomes more entertaining, or downright laughable, to watch various people cling to their "ethnicities" as if they have some special value. The futility of it all is a little sad. I hope they find love eventually, so that they become cured of their myopic view of humanity.

Welcome to Earth. Humans live here.
                I am proud of my ethnicity. I know who I am and where I come from.
                But it's more about culture for me Tim. That's what I hold on to. I will never conform to ideals of America. I will never "melt" in the pot. I hold strong to who I am and who my ancestors are.
                Often those who preach the "oneness of humanity" are those same people who are colonizers. That's their way of justifying taking land that isnt theirs.
                Nothing wrong them preaching "oneness" ...so long as they preach that "oneness" on their land. Don't impose your way of life on other people and we will get along just fine.( from afar). But I guess it's too late for that huh?

Realise that we are different my friend...we are sooooo different.

I pity those who lack sense of who they are or who their ancestors were.
                I laugh at those who boast their nationalistic pride of being an "american". When looking at the history and current affairs of "america/u.s.a" you will find nothing to be proud of.

There is nothing wrong with people being proud of their culture and ethnicity.
                If it wasn't for that pride in culture and ethnicity...Hawai'i wouldnt be such a beautiful place.

Welcome to Earth. Where many different cultures and races of people live.
                Last edited by PoiBoy; March 12, 2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Entertaining as this thread has been to watch evolve (or devolve), it's pretty much strayed far from the original topic (last month's incident in Waikele and whether it was a "hate crime") and become a familiar debate among familiar participants that has unsurprisingly returned to broad generalizations and debates over definitions, and has started to turn personal. Time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                  X