Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies, Can you Identify?

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    Thanks ladies for at least addressing the "situation". As a guy I've gotten better at picking out that particular tone in her voice so that I don't get upset, because I then know where it's coming from. You can help your man by realizing what's going on with you and warning him too. Remember, we're still the guys that love you.
    It's good to be an aware male *g* but it's not always tied to a particular time of the month. This Thanksgiving, my cousin made the turkey using a new recipe. The recipe was a little humbug so she was trying to determine whether it was worth the effort to ever do again or if she should go back to the way she used to do it. She asked her husband if this year's turkey was better than last year's turkey. He paused for a split second and then wisely replied, "The turkey was good." I laughed and asked his son (who's young and has his first girlfriend) if he was taking notes. His son was confused so my cousin clarified that her husband has been married to her long enough to recognize a variation of "does this dress make me look fat?" Her husband knew that if he said this year's turkey was better, he'd be implying that last year's wasn't so good and if he said last year's was better, he'd be implying that she went through all that humbug for nothing. So he wisely bypassed it all and just complimented the turkey.

Comment

I wish that her cycle was regular, but it can be 4 - 5 or 6 weeks so I can't just write it down on my calendar like when a bill is due. Which is the normal way I pay attention to important things. Just gotta use my "Spidy" senses instead!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        I wish that her cycle was regular, but it can be 4 - 5 or 6 weeks so I can't just write it down on my calendar like when a bill is due. Which is the normal way I pay attention to important things. Just gotta use my "Spidy" senses instead!
        My husband keep s track of mine too I ask HIM if I am going to start soon! He knows it down to the minute! He says he can just tell....his ESP I guess.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

boy, do i feel all tmi here...in the space of a week or so, i've revealed quite a few rather personal deets bout meself. ach, well, here's another one.

i have menstrual cycle-related grumpytime (very different from menstrual related sexytime *bad borat impression*). what has been the most important factor in mitigating the wrath of cyn is that a few years ago, i changed from being on the pill (the last brand i used was alesse) to going on nuvaring (http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp).

i do have mood swings, still. however, the spats that the beau and i get into now are relatively minor. and overall, the wierd hormonal...wierdness...like having hot flashes or that sinking feeling that muh armpit ste stink even tho i digos-ed only an hour earlier or the sudden malfunction of the brain-to-mouth filter isn't as much of an issue. mostly i can hold my tongue or keep my anxieties to myself, whereas before i wasn't able to at all.

another option to discuss with your OBGYN-obi (stole that from "Will and Grace") is maybe skipping that one week where you take placebo pills, or in my case, skipping the year i'm sposed to leave the ring out, for several months in a row so that i have my period only every quarter or so.

in fact, seasonale is a pill that is used exactly that way. i even have a friend who doesn't menstruate but once a year, under her OBGYN's direction.

anyway...something to think about, in addition to remembering that really good quality DARK chocolate is the best source for flavonoids. that special dark hershey bar aint gonna cut it (nasty stuff, in my opinion; rather like eating chocolate flavored soap) bcs most mainstream american processing of chocolate removes a large amount of the good stuff. my favorite is the organic dagoba brand (www.dagobachocolate.com)--the eclipse, concado, and xocolatl are glorious experiences, and the flavor is so lucious you're satisfied eating only a couple pieces off the bar, not the entire bar itself. tamura's and down to earth carry dagoba on oahu.

also, chocolate milk, instant cocoa, etc are not good sources of flavonoids. i dunno bout chocolate soymilk and flavonoids, but generally, as long as it's not high in fats and sugars, soymilk itself is very good for women.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
            ....his ESP I guess.
            That's the channel I watch sports on, right?

i'm glad I'm single...no cycles to worry about. when I do get married, my wife may be dealing with more than one moody episode per month with me (i.e. when the niners, lakers, or mets lose, and when bills come in)
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
            X