Chocolate Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Jesus

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, or add this to the "Interesting Food" thread at the Kaukau Korner.

A New York City artist has made a six-foot sculpture of Jesus out of milk chocolate. Mmmm, just in time for Easter. Who needs chocolate bunnies when you can have a chocolate Christ?

The Catholic League is up in arms about it. But... what about that whole "come, eat of my body and drink of my blood" thing they do every Sunday?

Re: Chocolate Jesus

Transubstantiation of chocolate...hmmmm. Might start a whole new conversion movement.

Do you eat the ears first?

If you fill it with peanut butter, can you market it as Reese's Jesus?

Comment

If it's BEAUTIFUL ~ Why not?

Chocolate Jesus? Mmmmmm...sounds mighty delicious!

As a Christian, it doesn't matter what people make, say or do. It's what in the heart and mind I believe. I don't expect others nor do I force others to believe what I do...it's up to them.

Everyone has their beliefs and I respect it.

Chocolate Jesus? Miracles come in many things they say.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

lol
        is it anotomically correct?
        does it cry milk?
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          is it anotomically correct?
          Yes, apparently.

"This is my ganache, which is shed for thee."

Comment

Jesus and chocolate hit the same receptors as heroin. mmmmm double the high

anyways.....probably a more accurate depiction of Christ than that light skinned blue eyed dude the churches had for years
            Last edited by PoiBoy; March 30, 2007, 08:17 AM.

Comment

The show has been cancelled.

Comment

That reminds me of an artist (I think I Swedish artist but I could be disremebering) who made a display of artwork made of chocolate. Unfortunately for him, the art wasn't sealed off from the public and as people went through the display, bites began to appear in the art. The artist was very upset that people were eating his art.

Comment

Wow! That sculpture is amazing. Who cares if it's chocolate, plaster of paris, bronze, whatever?

According to the article linked by Glen: "The exhibit can be viewed from the street...".
                  And, that during very restricted hours, I guess due to sun/heat exposure.
                  According to the Catholic League: "...Cosimo Cavallaro has invited the public to show up at midnight on April 1 to take a bite of his 6-foot tall chocolate sculpture...". And: “The Roger Smith Hotel is morally bankrupt. It is the goal of the Catholic League to make it financially bankrupt as well.".
                  Sounds like anyone trying to take a bite will get a mouthful of glass first.

Such vindictiveness on the part of the CL. Sad...

Comment

I don't see the problem here. Aren't Jesus and the Easter Bunny one and the same in the same Holy somethingsomething? I vaguely remember this from my church classes, but then again I went to Our Lady of Maximum Occupancy. Or was it Our Lady of Flashing Red Exit Sign?

Comment

Working...
                    X