X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't they just leave us alone?

Saw this in today's Advertiser:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...472369018.html

Can't they just leave the Hawaiians alone???????

Re: Can't they just leave us alone????????

...the settlement in the Doe case strengthens the school's position since the 9th Circuit's ruling is now the law in the 11 western states and territories that make up the 9th Circuit.
    That's the part that intrigues me the most - how an attorney will structure their case in order to get beyond this ruling.
    Just curious:
    Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
    Are you Hawaiian? Since you said "us" in the thread title, the implication is there, so I'd like a clarification, if you don't mind my asking. (No, I have no hidden agenda behind the question - not planning to attack you, one way or the other, just wanting to know.)
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; May 22, 2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Re: Can't they just leave us alone?

Saw this in today's Advertiser:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...472369018.html

Battles maybe won, but the war is never over.

Comment

Thanks for asking...I am definitely HAWAIIAN! One side is Keaunui, other side is Ha'o.

Comment

Well, that article was upsetting.

Of course, whenever a case is "settled" rather than played out will leave the playing field wide open. But, to be honest, I had a feeling this was going to happen. It's all about greed. KSBE has the money and greedy people want it. It has nothing to do with educating non-hawaiian's in the school. What gets me fired up is that there are so many private schools that non-hawaiian's can enroll in, but they gotta choose this one! Sheesh!! I hope the courts realize what this attorney, et al's true goal is.

OK, I feel better now, thank you for listening (reading)..
          A proud sponsor of
          http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

Are you ready for a shocker? I probably should not say this.........

But y'all know me better than that. So here goes.

It is not special to be Hawaiian. Or African. Or Caucasian. Not even if you are from the Caucuses Mountains DIRECTLY up in the Ukraine, or wherever the hell. One's pedigree simply has no bearing whatsoever upon their ability to be a contributing, particapatory, loving member of any society.

It is the beliefs and the cultures that change and mix over time, in a never ending 'lava-lamp' of life. My daughter dances Hula. More Hawaiian kids play soccer than ukulele. All the cultures are great. None is better, or worse, by nature, than any other. It is the variety, and the change/mix, that is the wonderful part.

The point is that when we choose pedigree or lineage, with an eye toward exclusivity based upon sameness, as a decision making criteria within our cosmopolitan world, then we trod down Hitler's slippery slope.

You could give admissions to KS to children who score well on tests, AND who come from poor, homeless, or other 'barely' making it families. It may turn out that many of them are Hawaiian, by circumstance. After all, should not the 'well-to-do' send their children, regardless of race, to school on their own nickel, rather than the benevolent nickel of a foundation as epic as KSBE. And should not the brightest amongst the groveling masses be afforded the magical opportunity of such a fine education based upon merit, notwithstanding cost. Add a little Jesus, and a generous dose of Hula, and Voila!

(The whole damned world needs a little more HulaJesus. )

Don't get me wrong. I love everything about Hawaii, Hawaiians, Hula, Lau-Lau, Mauna, Pono, and Aloha. But it's all real similar to my love of black eyed peas, okra, fried chicken, grits, and rhythm & blues. I celebrate St.Patricks and get just as 'happy' on Chinese New Years. I'm loving NFL Football AND the Olympics. With Dolmas. And Ouzo. And Norwegian Steam Baths. And the foundations of British Common Law. And gunpowder, sushi, Buddha, race cars, Running with the Bulls. And Classic Latin. Etcetera, Et al, ad infinitum, bede-bede-bede-badatsallfolks.

Blacks got the shaft in slavery. Jews got the shaft in WWII. History is rife with examples of why pedigree is a terrible way to separate one species. Nobody is a purebreed in the HUMAN species.

One linneage. One planet. All humanity.

Aloha

Tim
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Tim - I probably shouldn't ask this, BUT.................

You didn't mention celebrating Cinco de Mayo - do you have something against Mexicans?
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Or A d o b o?

HAHAHAHAHA

Juss joking.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What we really need is for some aliens from a distant planet to come to Earth and invade us. Then we'll all be humans!

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                    What we really need is for some aliens from a distant planet to come to Earth and invade us. Then we'll all be humans!
                    agreed 100%
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Tim, please stop comparing Hawaiians to Hitler. Hawaiians aren't fond of blood quantum rules (blah) and racial purity. Genealogy and educating the future generations of Hawaiians about Hawaiian ways of life, history, language and such is not wrong or nazi like in any way. Hawaiians have an ancient culture that should change why? Because times are a changing? Please.

You don't come from a culture where genealogy/ancestors are so important, I understand. That is okay, and it makes you who you are and that is wonderful. Why do you think every culture and their people should blend into this new generic mold of sameness? Yes, we are all human, but we also have our differences and customs which makes being human that much more beautiful. A world where everyone has the same exact beliefs and lives the same exact way is boring.

Now I agree that KS should let in children who NEED it but your "Hawaiians are like Hilter" stuff has got to stop. For real. Mahalo.
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Thanks for asking...I am definitely HAWAIIAN! One side is Keaunui, other side is Ha'o.
                        Hale'iwa in da hale, eh cuz?
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

DEFINITELY! Hawaiians in da hale.....especially the ones from Haleiwa!

Comment

My 9 year old nephew and I watched the news last night. After seeing the story on that attorney and his quest for 10-20 people who wanted to become his clients to sue KSBE, Koa asked me what all this 'stuff' about Kamehameha really is....so In a nutshell......I tried to explain to him that a Will is a written document that someone makes telling everyone what they want to do with their 'belongings'....I tried to find the simplest, most un-complicated way to explain this to him....After I told him that he asked me if he made a Will could he tell us that he wanted his Hot Wheel cars to go to a hospital play room so that they kids in the hospital could have them to play with? I told him that is exactly what a Will is supposed to do. (My son was in the hospital last year and Koa visited him there and saw that there weren't alot of 'boy' toys.) So he wanted to know if Pauahi made a Will telling everyone what to do with her 'belongings' why are so many people trying to do something else and not doing what her Will says.....I didn't have an answer for him.....

Comment

Mahalo, I appreciate your answering (when you had every right not to.)

Comment

Working...
                              X