Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07

Last edited by na alii; October 15, 2007, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        During the Echelon Roll, just as it's completing and your attention is on the formation, one solo come in from the left. Right on the deck. If you're not on the front row, you can't see him. All I saw (and I was looking for it) was the moisture coming off the wings as he screams down the runway just under he speed of sound. No sooner then you start to recover from that one, the other solo come from behind the line and shoots overhead.
        Wow, they still do this?! This move is soooo cool. Saw this BA move at an airshow at Pease AFB in Portsmouth, NH, what, I can't recall.....maybe 10-14 years ago? It was the year my oldest daughter had her photo taken in the mini F-16. Went with my oldest daughter, a friend and SIL and we had a blast! The best part about this move is the solo coming from behind makes ya duck!
        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post

Wow, they still do this?! This move is soooo cool.
          Oh yes. I remember them doing it in 2004, so I went hunting on the Internet to find their show and figure out when it was coming.

Maybe I'm just strange, but I can have almost as much fun just watching the planes flyby at close range as at show center. Put me on a hill top near the turn around point or the path and I'm happy.

Comment

Na Alii, nice shots. Much more detail than I could get.

I'm guessing this Ferrari was the most expensive STOCK car at the show...

Couple of race cars there could have been more.

I have no idea what these next two classics are. If you know, let us know...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Put that ZZ Top back in the CD player...

This is a cool shot, with Aloha Airlines and the Koolau range in the background...

As much as I love cars, I have no idea what year, make and model these classics are. If you know, once again please let us know!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07: SH-60B Sea Hawk

Sea Hawk chopper's 25-tube Sonobuoy launcher...

Control Station for the Sonobuoy system...

Hey, watch where you point that!...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Props for props...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Gotta' love them radial engines...

FedEx Cessna 208B Super Cargomaster single turboshaft engine...

C-5 Galaxy General Electric TF39 High-Bypass Turbofan engine...

How many poor birds must have met their fate here
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      Props for props...

That looks like a fun one to fly. Saw it go by at about eye level one day while hiking. You sit out in front. All the wings, engine and stuff are behind you. It's just you and the seat your sitting in - flying.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        That looks like a fun one to fly. Saw it go by at about eye level one day while hiking. You sit out in front. All the wings, engine and stuff are behind you. It's just you and the seat your sitting in - flying.
                        That looks similar to what we saw flying along the Kona coast over the week-end. My daughter would've loved to try it.

Comment

Look out for this Friday's October 19 edition of Midweek. From the desk of Bobby Curran (of UH Warriors radiocast fame) in "CurranEvents", there's a story about his flight aboard the Blue Angels this past week.

He mentions that KITV's Shawn Ching and Miss Hawaii Pili Gaison also took a ride. That's all I'll say. Look out for the paper this weekend. Not sure when Midweek will post the article, but here's the link to Bobby's section here.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            He mentions that KITV's Shawn Ching and Miss Hawaii Pili Gaison also took a ride. That's all I'll say.
                            Well, I'll say something else, then -- I'm surprised Shawn's extra-wide shoulders could even fit in the cockpit!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Well, I'll say something else, then -- I'm surprised Shawn's extra-wide shoulders could even fit in the cockpit!!!
                              Well, now you can read what Bobby said, as Midweek now has it posted online!

Samoa...

P-3 Orion...

This the same model of aircraft that collided with a Chinese fighter jet in 2001 over Hainan Island and became a political nightmare.

It's signature feature is the long boom on the tail called a "Stinger", which actually functions as a Magnetic Anomaly Detector (MAD). Also like that Sea Hawk I provided photos of earlier, it has a Sonobuoy launcher and systems station. Tax payers' dollars hard at work finding enemy subs.

I bet this plane is a TON of FUN to fly!...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Samoa...

Ryan, meet your van's cousin...

Can anyone say "HEMI"? "Hemi". lol!

Front view of HPD's MD500N "NOTAR" chopper...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X