X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TATTRAT
    replied
    Re: Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07

Anyone know if the airshow would be viewable from Pali Lookout, or is that too far away?

GREAT PICS! Thanks for sharing, Pomai!

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Who ever thought Aloha Airlines would be parked here...
    They were there the last time Blue Angels came. The same cargo jet too... and back in 2003 they were at another aviation show out in Barbers' Point.

BTW, Pomai, excellent shots of all the planes and stuff at KMCAS.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

More Aloha (from a Hawaiian!!!)...

Honey, pass me the wrench...

Main gear bay of the (Aloha) Boeing 737

Leave a comment:

• EastCoastTropics
    replied

Awesome photos Pomai!

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Who ever thought Aloha Airlines would be parked here...

Intake:

Exhaust: This photo is looking in through the exhaust section of the engine powering this Aloha Airlines Boeing 737 jet aircraft...

What is those "metal fingers" behind the turbine? That surely isn't afterburner! (Seriously, what is that?!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• hifotog
    replied

2 words of advice....leave REAL early to head to KMCAS...the traffic was SLOOOW...but it moved. 2nd, all goods on sale are with scrips...which is $1.25 ea but they also sell it as a bundle for $20. Dont know IF coolers are allowed, but if they are not, get ready to get cash before heading there (an BOH ATM mobile unit is there) cuz the day was pretty hot Saturday....and I think Sunday will be a carbon copy....but the show in retrospect....AWESOME!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Mahalo LN! Hope you enjoyed the show from your perch.

Well, there's toys for the little boys...

Then there's toys for the BIG BOYS!...

Honolulu Police Department Hughes MD500N "NOTAR" (no tail rotor) chopper

Federal Drug Enforcement Agency MD Explorer "NOTAR" chopper

I still say the Coast Guard's Dolphin has the coolest tail rotor sound though.

That's it for now. Gotta' run. I'll share more later! Have a great night folks!

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

Nice pics Pomai. I wouldn't have even known you were using a 3.2MP cam. But of course, I'm no expert.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

AWESOME Pomai!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Good stuff, Pomai -- thanks for posting 'em... and keep 'em coming, please!

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

The Angels get their smoke on...

And the (huge) crowd watches in amazement...

...except for the fellah who seen my camera pointing that way and decided to give a shaka... eh, das' cool brah!

This is a pretty cool shot...

As good as I could squeeze out of my aging 3.2MP PowerShot. Time for an upgrade, like seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Like I said earlier, the simultaneous car show at the event had just as much cool stuff as the air show. Here's just a few of many...

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

There was a wide variety of civilian and military aircraft on static display. Many of which you could board, and in some, climb in the cockpit!

We're all familiar with this helicopter, the ages-old CH-47 Chinook....

I know, not the sexiest-looking machine, but check out the pilot!...

She looks just "cute" in this picture, but you should see and talk to her in person.. OMG! HOT! I said to her, "You're not the pilot, are you?". To which she laughed. I felt so bad for saying that. Pilots of this kind of aircraft aren't supposed to be that young and hot. Now I know how women feel when they meet young, good-looking male pilots. lol

This is the cabin area inside the Chinook...

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Well, I made it today just in time to catch the stars of the show, the Blue Angels! Here they are taxiing for take-off...

Angel 1 passes by, with the Koolau range in the background...

And here they are taxiing back in after the show. See how fast they are!...

The guy packin' the piece on his thigh is an MP, which there were MANY on duty, along with many HPD officers.

That's just a start. I have over 300 photos of some really cool stuff that I'll share as I go through them.

I must say, the Marines sure got logistics down to a science. The parking was so well organized, I got in and out of the base within 10 minutes, and the place was PACKED.

This show really is a shutterbug's paradise. Mel, I hope you get out there tomorrow, if you haven't today. I'd love to see your stuff.

The car show was just as awesome as the aircraft displays! I'll show you folks pics later.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

I love Google earth!

Yesterday for almost 4 long tedious noise wracking window rattling hours they practiced so low you could almost see their faces in the cockpits over our heighborhood and surrounding area. I came out of my poolhouse after a shower and almost thought to flash them from my towel they were so close.

Not looking forward to another practice session again today and certainly my dogs are not! I am sure you all will enjoy the show. I think the shuttle bus idea is a good one. Have fun over there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X