Full Moon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Moon!

This'll be the largest (appearing) Full Moon for 2007!
    On Thursday night Oct. 25th.
    for Honolulu...

Sunset is at 6pm.
    Moon Rise is at 5:41pm.
    and Full Moon is at 6:52pm.

Should be Beautiful. Looking forward to it!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Full Moon!

I have "heard" that there are more "Crazies" that come out on Full Moon nights. I've also "heard" that there is something in the moon that can affect peoples behaviors.

I'm wondering if there is any proven statistics or studies regarding peoples behaviors and/or attitudes on Full Moon nights?

*edit*
    The full moon has been linked to crime, suicide, mental illness, disasters, accidents, birthrates, fertility, and werewolves, among other things
    http://skepdic.com/fullmoon.html
    Last edited by titilejomi; October 22, 2007, 06:52 PM. Reason: a refinement

Comment

Here's an explanation of why the moon will appear bigger...
      And it says this one will be a "whopper".
      http://www.spaceweather.com/

The Moon's orbit is an ellipse with one side 30,000 miles closer to Earth than the other. The full Moon of Oct. 25-26 is located on the near side, making it appear as much as 14% bigger and 30% brighter than lesser full Moons we've seen earlier in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
        I have "heard" that there are more "Crazies" that come out on Full Moon nights. I've also "heard" that there is something in the moon that can affect peoples behaviors.

I'm wondering if there is any proven statistics or studies regarding peoples behaviors and/or attitudes on Full Moon nights?
        Bah! They're just pure coincidences perpetuated by a myth. People have a need for cosmic rationalization for what humans are capable of doing things which are considered outside the norms of civilized society.

*licks his paws and howls uncontrollably*
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I know this may not be as important or noteworthy as the California Wildfires,
          But thought for sure this would bring up more responses?!

Guess we'll see after everyone sees it eh?!

Comment

I'm looking forward to it too! Just hoping there aren't any clouds out to block the view!!
            Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
            My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

WOW!!! Fortunately there were some breaks in the cloud cover, and dang that moon looked BIG.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
                We took a romantic walk to my Beloved Chinatown tonight.heheheh Ordered one drink a piece in Smith Union den my cell phone rang.

"Mom! Where are you? You're suppose to watch Antonio tonight!"

There went my night to watch the Full Moon in Chinatown with the Zombies in action! The only Full Moon I'm watching is from MWH!

And dat can be even worse depends if get Hot Wata or not!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Great looking moon tonight! I liked the halo effect it had as the clouds passed over. I took a bunch of pics but have yet to go thru them. I will post any decent ones later/if anyone is interested.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

'ho da moon was bright yea!
                    I just kept looking up as I walked around the museum last night.
                    Could really tell it was bigger too.

My camera doesn't take good shots of the moon.
                    It may be able to, I don't know how?

Comment

Last night's full moon was BEAUTIFUL... and I didn't even have to go outside, I had a great view of the rising moon from my bedroom window.

I had the kids looking out for Rona - the woman in the moon from Maori mythology. http://folksong.org.nz/rona/ It was a good chance for me to share the legend with them and teach them a song about how Rona ended up in the moon. My youngest (spawn - hehehe) was quite sad for poor Rona being taken up to live on the moon but I reassured her that she is busy with her role as controller of the tides and that she is happy that she gets to look down at us every night.

I told them if they looked very hard, they might be able to see Rona, her calabash and the Ngaio tree up on the moon. Last night, was a great opportunity for Rona spotting!

I would love to see any pix anyone took. Mine are pretty lame...
                      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

I took some photos with my HP M547 last night but it would have help to have a tripod and then do with a self timer to avoid shaking the camera as it takes the picture.

Comment

We had to most gorgeous cloud cover last night! All full and...light blocking...and rain-producing...

pax

Comment

Working...
                          X