Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HPD on the job in Mililani's Kipapa Gulch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD on the job in Mililani's Kipapa Gulch?

Anyone know what HPD found in Kipapa Gulch by the Kam Hwy Roosevelt Bridge? Anybody see any news reports?

Sunday (23 Dec) around 10 AM and again around 4-5 PM, HPD's dark blue helo came through Kipapa Gulch a total of four times. I'm not sure what happened in the morning-- maybe just a routine flyover-- but the afternoon was busier.

Around 4:15 PM the helo hovered 30-40 feet above the north side of the bridge for 5-10 minutes and seemed to be looking around the hillsides. When it returned 10-15 minutes later it actually landed among the construction equipment in the gulch by the bridge. (The pilot did an impressive job below the power lines and between the buildings.) I couldn't see what happened when they landed but I could hear the rotor spin down. A minute later they were back in the air above the bridge.

There didn't seem to be any cars or foot patrols on the bridge or in the surrounding area, but it's hard to tell where they were looking.

After hovering around the same spot for another 10-15 minutes the helo departed. Hopefully that's it, but they left a couple neighborhoods (and a couple hundred roosters) wondering what's going on.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Re: HPD on the job in Mililani's Kipapa Gulch?

I don't drive out there that often, but when I do, that loooooooooong freeway bridge over the gulch always fascinates me. Almost scary, but not.

From a pilot's standpoint, I'd love to fly under and through it (just for one time, without hitting it of course). lol

Nothing on the HA's website, but the TV news will be on soon if there's anything recent that's developed.
    Last edited by Pomai; December 23, 2007, 04:56 PM.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Nope. No mention of anything regarding Kipapa Gulch on KHON2's 6pm report.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I can't find the thread.

But I once told a story dat was told to me about the Half-Man Half-Boar who roams Kipapa Gulch!

I no kid you.

Maybe dey was looking foa him!

Booooooooooo!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I remember that bridge from my childhood. There used to be a dairy down there...and the workers had houses all in a circle up at the top on the other side of the bridge.

Those were the days when we'd only get to go to town twice a year...one for school clothes before September, and once at Christmas to go to Ala Moana. Back when there was Pattie's over by Orange Julius.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            I remember that bridge from my childhood. There used to be a dairy down there...and the workers had houses all in a circle up at the top on the other side of the bridge.

Those were the days when we'd only get to go to town twice a year...one for school clothes before September, and once at Christmas to go to Ala Moana. Back when there was Pattie's over by Orange Julius.
            I was kind of curious about those houses. They are still there and can be seen with Google Earth. I count 14 houses in more of a U shape.

Now if I could learn something about the abandon 1929 bridge just down stream from there.

Sorry for the topic drift.
            "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
            Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
              I was kind of curious about those houses. They are still there and can be seen with Google Earth. I count 14 houses in more of a U shape.

Now if I could learn something about the abandon 1929 bridge just down stream from there.

Sorry for the topic drift.
              No kidding? I'm gonna go to GooglEarth right now and make myself homesick. Thanks.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X