Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals For 2008

OK, last year had "goals for 07' Thread"

How did everyone do with their 07' goals ?

I got about half of mine accomplished, so I'm carrying over some of them again for this year.

Lose Weight and get into better shape. I've been eating horribly lately, and I'm not getting any younger, so this one is higher up on the priority list.

I DID get the bike tho', and bike riding has become a big source of fun time for me and the family.

So this year....

1. Earn 50% more than last year. (Aiming high is a good thing)

2. Get a new (or at least "newer" car) - My truck is not long for this world.

3. Make and release a second Tikiyaki Orchestra CD, and actually play a show with the live band.

4. Lose weight and get into better shape

5. Keep my place in Hilo rented all year.

6. Create more income streams, within and outside of my current occupation

7. Win the Hawaii Music Awards "best Exotica" Cd for 07'. (I'll be begging you guys for votes in a few weeks )

8. Get to Hawaii again for some RnR
    Last edited by tikiyaki; December 25, 2007, 10:12 AM.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: Goals For 2008

2008 has two huge milestones for me:
    -my kid graduates h.s.
    -I turn 40

I have a pretty extensive 2008 to do list and I cannot call them 'goals' as they are too urgent and no room for loftiness.

pax

Comment

Write more. There's dozens more neighbor stories, plus maybe a whole new line about Waialua family life. I'm not ready yet, though, for the one about French marriage and divorce. And some of the neighbor ones can never be told. Maybe a cookbook.

Figure out the passports for those of my kids who don't yet have one. They have to visit Hawaii.

Winterize this house. Cold is no fun.

Either figure out a way to heal the dog's ear infection, once and for all, or have the old mutt put down. It's gotten to that point.

Clear the attic and get rid of some of the junk up there...it's gotten so that a person can't even get up there....wait...the whole house is like that!

Get the bank balance back up to at least zero, and stay that way.

Pluck my moustache more often.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

As of right now I have only one 2008 goal...to take a dear friend to the Bali Restaurant for dinner. She leaves in 2 days for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle to receive a stem cell transplant and will be there for 3-4 months. She's been in a battle for her life for the past 4 months and has already earned her dinner at the Bali...tenfold! Whatta trouper. Life's just not fair sometimes.

Comment

2008 will be a challenge I'm sure. I will be sure to subscribe to this post to be sure I see the begging! I will be HAPPY to support you, Tikiyaki, if I can!

Tutusue, you're a good friend! I hope all goes well for her!
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

TutuSue, you're a good friend indeed. I really hope the stem cells work. Does this person have to leave the country to have acccess to stem cells ?

I think I need to rephrase the idea of having goals. Goals indicate something you WANT, as opposed to saying that you WILL have them. Being that I'm reallly into the whole "Secret" thing, I'll just say, that those are the things I'm asking the universe for. :-)

Anyway,thanx Sprite, I appreciate the support
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              TutuSue, you're a good friend indeed. I really hope the stem cells work. Does this person have to leave the country to have acccess to stem cells ?
              The transplant takes place in Seattle. She had her own cells harvested in 2002 before she got too sick and in anticipation of this downward spiral in her health. Both harvesting and the transplant are intense experiences. My friend has the most incredibly positive attitude and is already talking about returning to exercise classes. Dinner at the Bali is the carrot I have dangling in front of her!!! I've already started saving my buckaroonies as I've told her she can order anything on the menu!
              I think I need to rephrase the idea of having goals. Goals indicate something you WANT, as opposed to saying that you WILL have them. Being that I'm reallly into the whole "Secret" thing, I'll just say, that those are the things I'm asking the universe for. :-)
              How about a 'treasure map'? Can't remember how 'The Secret' refers to it.

Comment

heheheh

I looked at last year's goals.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                I stayed off this thread purposely. I wanted to write "realistic" things for me. Something I can come back next year and say..."I did it."

Well, in my heart and mind my goal is to stop SMOKING and DRINKING ALCOHOL!

It's been four days for cigarettes. Two weeks for Crown Royal.

The Boooze I can handle.....the cigarettes is making me STIR CRAZY!! I'm already PUPULE! I'm going moa INSANE. Dey say time heals. I'm counting on it.

Chiristmas Slippah Wish Fund 2007!
                K-den. On January 1st, I make four months Smoke Free.

I still drink and ack happy lolo once in awhile. Ok..ok..once or twice a month. HAHAHAHAHAHA

My odda goals this year is to badda the Legislature for New Management at MWH and a Playground for the keiki. I will lobby for causes in which will help Public Housing Residents, The Homeless and The Hungry of Hawai'i nei.

I will do my best as a Neighborhood Board Member of District 15.

Looking forward to The Slippah Project 2008!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 goals:
                  1. More couple time. CHECK.
                  2. More one-on-one time with each of the kids. CHECK.
                  3. Continue with my fitness routine, and improve upon it. CHECK--34 POUNDS DOWN, CHECK!4. Drop a size, drop some pounds. SEE #3, CHECK!
                  5. Organize each room in the house. ONE ROOM LEFT!
                  6. Save more money. HMMM.
                  7. Pay down the credit. GETTING BETTER.
                  8. Keep enjoying the job, better organize my tasks. WISH I HAD A JOB!
                  9. Get promoted. SEE #8, WISH!
                  10. Work in some writing for pleasure, instead of just writing for work. GOT TIME FOR THAT AT THE MOMENT.

Now for 2008:
                  1. Get a job I love and that loves me back.
                  2. Keep my family happy.
                  3. Pay down the debt.
                  4. Continue to enjoy my 24HF routine!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

http://www.havasupaitribe.com/home.html
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

My 2007 goals in that thread:
                      Seriously, one our goals for next year is to zero out the credit card debt so we can get that flat screen by xmas. Which means, brown baggin it more, less "want" spending, cut out the $tarbuck$, etc. We just realized that we already have more than we can ever ask for.

Also, get rid of chit.
                      Got rid of the old tv to make room for the new one... two outta three ain't bad!

Goal for 2008:
                      Continue working on Goals for 2007 list.

Comment

Working...
                      X