• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilo Artist
    replied
    Re: Kid-friendly Hawaii hotels?

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    I forgot to mention the new Sheraton Keauhou....ya know the Old Kona Surf.

Great water slide, lots of toys, and that fountain thing, with random squirts, that the kids just love. Not to mention free pool, foosball, air hockey, etc.
    Free Foosball? I am so there!!! Now that is a game I can still dominate in! Power wrist snaps and bank shots!

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

I forgot to mention the new Sheraton Keauhou....ya know the Old Kona Surf.

Great water slide, lots of toys, and that fountain thing, with random squirts, that the kids just love. Not to mention free pool, foosball, air hockey, etc.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Grand Hyatt Kauai has on-site child programs and activities and lots of wildlife features. Expect to pay a grip tho.
    You're right and all of the mentioned properties have "kid programs and sitter service"which if you need this is a good thing..

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Grand Hyatt Kauai has on-site child programs and activities and lots of wildlife features. Expect to pay a grip tho.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Hilton Waikoloa ...... by far.

Kona Village is def not for kids.
    I've stayed at Kona Village many times and always saw a plethora of kids there, all ages. The resort has a children's program. If money was no object I wouldn't hesitate to vacation there with children. Oh wait...I stayed there with my little girl last Oct. She was 40 then and loved every minute of it! KVR sets aside 2 blocks of time each year for adults only! I've never vacationed there during those times as I'm always house sitting for a couple who do!

Loving the suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Hilton Waikoloa ...... by far.

Kona Village is def not for kids.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

I loved Hilton Hawaiian Village when I was a kid. But then again, I was pretty weird even back then.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Grand Wailea for sure the pool there is amazing.
    Kapalua VIllas - we were just there, huge lovely units with pools within walking distance. The beach(es) are also within walking distance. You can use all of the facilities at the Ritz as well and there is the complimentary shuttle service.
    Mauna Lani - probably my favorite resort. They have a great beach, snorkeling, turtles to watch in the ocean and in their lobby. Lots of great walking trails, NO resort fee. A really nice pool. The kids I see there are
    always having a great time.
    Ihilani - the lagoons, a nice pool I always see lots of kids there.

I don't have kids but really love the above properties well I don't "love" the
    GW, been there a few times and it's nice but my all time favorite is Mauna Lani. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Hilo Artist
    replied

Hilton Waikoloa on the big Island!

Unreal water features, Dolphins they can interact with, on site day care, Excursions that they hold for kids...

A tram and boat they take to get to their rooms! My kids love that place!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    started a topic Kid-friendly Hawaii hotels?

Kid-friendly Hawaii hotels?

I just received a request for recommendations of hotels, regardless of island, that kids might love. Kids are 2 and 4 years old. Something tells me the more "Disneyland-like" the better. I'd like to pass along some suggestions regardless of price. I'll let them decide what their price point should be after they check the amenities! TIA...

ETA: Info is trickling in! They're also looking for a place they can stay and not have to leave the resort if they don’t want too. Hilton Hawaiian Village comes to mind as does the Kona Village Resort.
    Last edited by tutusue; August 18, 2008, 03:28 PM.
Working...
X