Medical Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Insurance

So, who has what kind of Medical Insurance here???

We have the Kaiser Plan (I totally hate what we have now!!).

Maybe it was last year or so, that we had this unlimited visits, but the thing was, I was rarely sick, &/or didn't have the need to go that often, so therefore, my hubby changed it to the plan of 5 visit per year, thinking, what's the harm to change it, cuz, I never went any ways, & it was costing my hubby more even if I wasn't going & I was rarely sick etc.

This year, I ended up going more so than the last times, always getting stresses with he fact that, if I use up all 5 visit, the 6th, &/or the 7th, etc would be out of pocket !!

I used a couple of my visits for my own personal use, the others ones was for because I had to I.E. once a year exams, etc.

Last time, (my 4th visit) I had to go because I had a bug bite on my arm that wasn't geting better, so we went to the emergency visit .

I was suppose to have a mammogram this year in Nov. but that would mean using up my last visit . so I ended up moving it to January, just so that I would have one more for this year, & I can use that for my next emergency visit etc. WHEW!. (Every January is the start of our new 5 visits cycle plan)

I think, my hubby said that he tried to it change back (to unlimited visits), but could not, & supposidly that they "moved" everyone else to that same plan, of whom anyone that is not at a senior age or older. GAWD!! What ever. The only ones that can have "unlimited visites" are the senior citizens.

Oh yeah, us young folks NEVER gets sick. yeah,righ!!

My hubby said that last times, I was never sick, & rarely went, but this year/this time, I have been going more. So, I told him, that I am sorry that I didn't have the need to go, that I was never sick, & that I should have tried my best to get sick quite often, so that we could have taken advantage of their plan. lol,

I am searching for a better medical insurance &/or a hopsital that allows us to have unlimited visits with a good percentage off of the medicines/drugs etc.

Any one have an idea??

I tried to go to one of those FREEbies ones, FREE hospitals, but the thing is, they don't have any of the medical information on me, so we might end up doing a lot of leg work just so that to beable to give copies from one hospital to another. UGH!!.

I think, I would just probably like to start from square one if I can help it with a really good medial insurance &/or hospital(s).

Any one have a good idea to pass my way?? please.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Medical Insurance....

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    [...]
    I tried to go to one of those FREEbies ones, FREE hospitals, but the thing is, they don't have any of the medical information on me, so we might end up doing a lot of leg work just so that to beable to give copies from one hospital to another. UGH!!. [...]
    I don't know what this "FREEbie" medical care/insurance is but if I could get it I wouldn't mind in the least doing all the leg work, running around collecting my medical records. That seems a small price to pay. And since you're currently with Kaiser, won't all of your medical records be in one place?

Comment

Re: Medical Insurance....

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I don't know what this "FREEbie" medical care/insurance is but if I could get it I wouldn't mind in the least doing all the leg work, running around collecting my medical records. That seems a small price to pay. And since you're currently with Kaiser, won't all of your medical records be in one place?

Yeah. I would have to go to kaiser in person just to sign a paper that states that I am allowing copies of Medical Infos to one hospital to another.

The Freebies places I am talking about is/are (Community Health & Dental Resources) Ex: Aloha Medical Missions & a lot more other names & listings I have on paper.

I went there for an appointment, had to wait for 75 whole minutes, just to find out that I could not be seen, just cuz they don't have copies of my medical records !!.

I went there cuz I was only limited on the visits with Kaiser !!.

UGH!!!!.

BTW - Maybe I should start checking out those other Free (or low cost) clinics/hospitals just for the heck of it, & ask what my hubby thinks.

Would you or anyone start using those FREE or low cost clinics/hospital than having to pay more on a regular clinic/hospital?

What is the best to do & are the FREE ones worth it??

Has anyone ever used the FREE (or low cost) clinic/hospitals? what's your thoughts on them are???

Sometimes the FREE ones, there is/are longer waits than the regular clinic/hospitals .
      Last edited by Serenity; October 14, 2008, 11:48 AM.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: Medical Insurance

Am I correct in assuming that one must income qualify to use the "free" services? And, did this type of service used to be called "free clinics" in the last century?

Did you actually make an appt. or were you a walk-in, Serenity? Did you call in advance for more info about this service? I ask because if you called in advance for info or an appt. and were not told to bring your medical records then you have every right to be angry.

BTW, waiting 75 minutes (or longer ) is not unheard of even for an insured patient in a PCP's office.

Comment

'Taint really "free" ... somebody is paying for it. Probably the hard-working taxpayer (perhaps in the form of a government grant which is funded thru tax dollars).
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

As far as I know, there are NO free hospitals here, except Shriners Hospital, which is only for kids with certain diagnoses. Every other hospital charges for their services. If you don't have insurance, many of them help you (or contract with a private agency that will help you) apply for Quest, if you qualify. If you don't qualify, some will do a financial assistance application to see if you may qualify for a discount, a write off, or payment arrangements.

Ages ago when I lived in Waikiki, I used the Waikiki Health Center and was pleased with their services. I DID have insurance at the time but they never asked for it and didn't charge me anything. About 5 years ago, I took my daughter there because her doctor was booked up, it was semi-urgent, but not an emergency, and they had an opening. This time, they DID take our insurance info and billed it, but would have seen her even if we didn't have the money. Services were good.....and we went there once more for followup. The building/facilities were old and dingy, but clean. It is strictly a clinic....not a hospital.

Aloha Medical Mission is for people who have no insurance and very limited resources. It is a clinic, not a hospital, and has dental and medical services. They don't charge for their services. I'm not familiar with the quality of their facilities or care.

I've known some people who have used the Kalihi Palama Health Center, Waimanalo Health Center and the Leeward Integrated Health Center and they all seemed to have been pleased with their doctors and care.

Whatever you do, don't drop your insurance coverage until you have something else definitely in place (like if one of you finds a job with a health plan benefit).

Comment

Am I correct in assuming that one must income qualify to use the "free" services? And, did this type of service used to be called "free clinics" in the last century?

Did you actually make an appt. or were you a walk-in, Serenity? Did you call in advance for more info about this service? I ask because if you called in advance for info or an appt. and were not told to bring your medical records then you have every right to be angry.

BTW, waiting 75 minutes (or longer ) is not unheard of even for an insured patient in a PCP's office.
              Sorry so late .

Yes, I believe it is supose to be free, but the thing is, I think most of them are only verrry (in small amount) limited to visits, like 3 FREE at the most.

Made an appt. Actually, a friend of mine heard about it, & made the appointment for me. When my friend called, she was not told to her to tell me to bring anything, but myself.

We could have been doing something far important within that 75 minutes, atleast if they could have known a head of time, & we would have come back such time, then we wouldn't have wasted all that 75 minutes time. GAWD!!.

Thanks for the reply though. :-)
              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                'Taint really "free" ... somebody is paying for it. Probably the hard-working taxpayer (perhaps in the form of a government grant which is funded thru tax dollars).
                yeah, like us. That's howcome we all gotta pay taxes for this & that etc. .
                Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                  As far as I know, there are NO free hospitals here, except Shriners Hospital, which is only for kids with certain diagnoses. Every other hospital charges for their services. If you don't have insurance, many of them help you (or contract with a private agency that will help you) apply for Quest, if you qualify. If you don't qualify, some will do a financial assistance application to see if you may qualify for a discount, a write off, or payment arrangements.

Ages ago when I lived in Waikiki, I used the Waikiki Health Center and was pleased with their services. I DID have insurance at the time but they never asked for it and didn't charge me anything. About 5 years ago, I took my daughter there because her doctor was booked up, it was semi-urgent, but not an emergency, and they had an opening. This time, they DID take our insurance info and billed it, but would have seen her even if we didn't have the money. Services were good.....and we went there once more for followup. The building/facilities were old and dingy, but clean. It is strictly a clinic....not a hospital.

Aloha Medical Mission is for people who have no insurance and very limited resources. It is a clinic, not a hospital, and has dental and medical services. They don't charge for their services. I'm not familiar with the quality of their facilities or care.

I've known some people who have used the Kalihi Palama Health Center, Waimanalo Health Center and the Leeward Integrated Health Center and they all seemed to have been pleased with their doctors and care.

Whatever you do, don't drop your insurance coverage until you have something else definitely in place (like if one of you finds a job with a health plan benefit).
                  Where is this place (again?) & their phone number??

We'll still keep what we got until we find a better one. Thanks :-).

Plus I think that majority of them wont allow people like us, they always say that we can't use them cuz we have insurance, & it's only for those who don't have one or can't afford.

What ~ ever!! If my hubby & I end up using our 5 visits (for the year), definately we wouldn't be able to afford it thereafter!! is that good enough for them or what?!?!!! GAWD!!

Good thing I moved up my mammogram for Jan. 2009, just so that I would have one more visit for 2008!. for just incase, too.

I'm not mad you alohacandy, I'm just mad at the whole Damn thing!!.

Thanks for the reply,though.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Where is this place (again?) & their phone number??[...]
                    Google is your friend! It's all there.

Comment

Google is your friend! It's all there.
                      Thanks.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

aaaahhhh free clinics

love the word free
                        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                          aaaahhhh free clinics

love the word free
                          lol. ONLY if they have the unlimited visits.

Would be great, when it's FREE.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

lol. ONLY if they have the unlimited visits.

Would be great, when it's FREE.
                            If unlimited visits were free then people would abuse the use of the clinics. That's definitely not fair to the taxpayers. The clinics should be used by those truly in need; not those looking for a free ride.

Comment

If unlimited visits were free then people would abuse the use of the clinics. That's definitely not fair to the taxpayers. The clinics should be used by those truly in need; not those looking for a free ride.
                              That I agree with - but it is difficult to control the abuse.
                              stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                              X