7th day adventist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th day adventist

hi this is sansei and the 7th day adventist people visited only we showed as if we werent home and we put our tv on mute and kept quiet so they wont know that we're actually home only we showed like we werent so i hope this wont happen to anyone in your neighborhood.

well thank's for your time

Re: this is sansei and the 7th day adventist visited

If they ever catch you by surprise, you can tell them you're not interested.

Comment

Seventh Day Adventists are fine!

Sansei, if you didn't answer the door, how do you know they were Seventh Day Adventists??? Did they leave a brochure on the door?
      In any event, it's extremely rare for SDA's to go door to door, and on the rare occasions that they do they are far from being anywhere near as pushy as other religions who are infamous for their door to door pitches.
      SDA's are good and gentle people and the main focus of their religion is good health. The founder of the religion was a nurse, and a huge percentage of SDA's work in the medical field. (Castle Hospital is Adventist, as just one local example.)
      Rather than being clever by hiding, you missed a good opportunity to possibly improve your health.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: 7th day adventist

I love going to the 7th day adventist food store by their church off Pali. They have a good selection of "fake meat" and lots of other vegetarian foods that are hard to find.
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

If they can convert people who are a menace to socitey into good productive members of the community. Then, this religion did its job.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
            hi this is sansei and the 7th day adventist people visited only we showed as if we werent home and we put our tv on mute and kept quiet so they wont know that we're actually home only we showed like we werent so i hope this wont happen to anyone in your neighborhood.

well thank's for your time
            Gee, if that is the worst thing that happened to you today, you should be one grateful person.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

On weekends when working out in the yard or garage, we have our dogs with us who tend to scare people away with their barking. Just kidding!!! If we happen to be outdoors I like to think that I'm nice to those missionary types who feel the need to save me. I tell them that I'm happy with my religion, thank them for stopping, then say goodbye. Almost all are nice and just continue on their way. Although, one time a young family came to our door and I felt so sorry for the kids, who must have been 3-5 years old, that I offered them some juice from our garage refrig.

Comment

Maybe Sansei meant to say Jehovah Witnesses?

Comment

Originally posted by almond mocha View Post
                  On weekends when working out in the yard or garage, we have our dogs with us who tend to scare people away with their barking. Just kidding!!! If we happen to be outdoors I like to think that I'm nice to those missionary types who feel the need to save me. I tell them that I'm happy with my religion, thank them for stopping, then say goodbye. Almost all are nice and just continue on their way. Although, one time a young family came to our door and I felt so sorry for the kids, who must have been 3-5 years old, that I offered them some juice from our garage refrig.
                  whomever it is that's visiting our residence doesn't care about our dogs going off. through the barking, they want to leave a pamphlet and say that they will pray for us while i'm trying to tell them i'm not interested.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                    Maybe Sansei meant to say Jehovah Witnesses?
                    Or Mormons, if they're carrying backpacks.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Usually in my neighborhood we have Jehovah Witnesses going door to door. Sometimes LDS, rarely Adventist. They don`t come to my door anymore. When they ask "can we leave some reading material". I tell them don`t because it would only end up in the trash and that is not a good way to spread the gospel. They thank me for my honesty and continue on there way. Now when I see them in my neighborhood, they wave and I do the same. No need hide, What for????
                      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to D'alani,i shared that it was the 7th day adventist people and not mormon's and we only leave our door closed since in our neighborhood,my deceased father once told us not to open the door for anyone and this is a reason we do this.

in our neighborhood,our neighbor's most of them close their door is we've had robber's in our neighborhood and we can only trust one another in our neighborhood and not anyone else and this is a reason why we put our tv's on mute and make it like we're in our bedroom's or the restroom so i hope this help's with everyone's thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                          No need hide, What for????
                          I don't know... Maybe it could be a fun game like hide-and-seek. You could spice it up by trying to low crawl past the windows without being seen. Or add in some paint ball guns to make it even more challenging. If you make it to "home base" then the proselyters have to leave you alone. But if you get caught then you have to read their literature.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                            hi this is sansei and in response to D'alani,i shared that it was the 7th day adventist people and not mormon's and we only leave our door closed since in our neighborhood,my deceased father once told us not to open the door for anyone and this is a reason we do this.

in our neighborhood,our neighbor's most of them close their door is we've had robber's in our neighborhood and we can only trust one another in our neighborhood and not anyone else and this is a reason why we put our tv's on mute and make it like we're in our bedroom's or the restroom so i hope this help's with everyone's thought's?

How is hiding going to keep out thiefs? The usual recommendation is to keep your TV going, even if you are not home, so people think you ARE there and are less apt to break in.

If your family is truly so fearful that you all must hide every time someone knocks on the door, you need to get a big protection dog, or get a recording that sounds like a big dog barking, or get an air horn (the type that emits an earsplitting noise when activiated to draw attention), or move. It is not mentally healthy to be living in a home where you are so afraid that you turn off the tv and hide when someone knocks on your door!
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to Amati, we have a neighborhood watch for robber's only when it come's to The 7th day adventist,we and a few other neighbor's wouldnt wish for them to come is they would come often and bother everyone in our neighborhood and since our kind neighborhood lady took time out to inform the neighbor's to watch each other,we do,

when it come's to robber's only when it come's to the people from the 7th day adventist, we each in our own way handle them our own way only with some,they tell them that they are a member of another church only in our case,we do what my deceased father shared with us when he once answered the door and to never open it to the 7th day adventist or other group's of this sort so i hope this may help with your thought's?

Comment

Working...
                              X