7th day adventist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th day adventist

hi this is sansei and once again,they came again trying to have us answer our door so we'd have to listen to what they wish to share only we stay quiet and they left so it make's me:O)

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
      hi this is sansei and in response to Amati, we have a neighborhood watch for robber's only when it come's to The 7th day adventist
      What??
      I cannot understand why you have a neighborhood watch "for robbers only when it comes to the 7th day adventist". HUH? They are probably the least likey to be robbing you!
      If you are only afraid of 7th Day Adventists (why you have singled out them I cannot fathom), you should call the local church and ask them to kindly avoid your house. I would be suprised if they did not fully cooperate, I'm sure they do not intend for your family to be hiding in the bathroom out of fear every time they come by.
      Or, put a sign on your door. "No Religious Soliciting".
      There are a dozen things you could be doing to help the situation instead of hiding.
      Or, are you pulling our HT leg(s)?
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        What??
        I cannot understand why you have a neighborhood watch "for robbers only when it comes to the 7th day adventist". HUH? [...]
        Amati, that's how I first read sansei's post too then I realized it was probably a punctuation problem. Sansei can correct me if I'm wrong but I think this:
        we have a neighborhood watch for robber's only when it come's to The 7th day adventist,we and a few other neighbor's wouldnt wish for them to come is they would come often and bother everyone
        should be translated to this:

We have a neighborhood watch for robbers. When it comes to the 7th Day Adventist, we and a few other neighbors don't want them to come to our neighborhood because they come by too often and bother everyone.

Then, again, I mighta completely mistranslated it!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          I love going to the 7th day adventist food store by their church off Pali. They have a good selection of "fake meat" and lots of other vegetarian foods that are hard to find.
          Ain't it cool, though? I used to go there all the time, when I lived in town. I also used to have lunches at Castle Hospital as they prepare foods that the bookstore sells. They also have a pretty good selection of "survival" foods for longterm storage. Hey, wasn't it you that I recommended their store to?

What Lika said, dude. You haven't come up with anything that tells us you for surely know they were Adventists. I've not known or heard of any going door to door. The Adventists I knew were very softspoken, kind and gentle. People I don't mind hanging out with.

You have to be talking JWs. They're relentless in their persuit to convert your soul, but if you tell them enough times you're not interested they will stop coming around except for the occasional newbie who didn't get the word. You play hide and seek and they'll just keep coming back to leave their "trash". Oh, yeah, don't be so nice about it either. Be stern and just say in a groucy voice, "I'm not interested!" Do this just before they finish their first syllable. I like to make them waste their breath like that. Eh, just getting grouchy in my old age.

Comment

hi this is sansei and once again,they came again trying to have us answer our door so we'd have to listen to what they wish to share only we stay quiet and they left so it make's me:O)

Well thank's for your time
            I can't play a Hide n Seek game with the Jehovah Witness because she's a relative. So, I know about the having to listen thing. Are these visitors the two clean cut guys dressed in a white dress shirt and tie? You have to do the nod and keep moving like what I'm doing with the Greenpeace volunteers at crosswalk intersections. Unlike the people who ask you for money where you don't make eye contact or you only hear the ipod.

Comment

Next time they come by, open the door, and firmly tell them that you are not interested, and would they please not bother your family again?

Or continue to spend your life feeling you have to hide from them. Your call.

Comment

Actually you don't have to open the door. You could any of the following:

1) Ask who it is.
                2) Not answer the door.
                3) You could tell them to leave.

Amati's suggestion about leaving a sign saying "No Religious Soliciting" or "No Soliciting" (which covers every one else) make sense.

Comment

Or...

...invite them in, learn their religion, convert, and become Mormon.
                  You may get to have many wives and kids!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    Amati's suggestion about leaving a sign saying "No Religious Soliciting" or "No Soliciting" (which covers every one else) make sense.
                    The "no soliticing" sign may or may not help. I've had a couple of missionaries come to my door, when I had my "no soliciting" sign posted. They say they just want to "talk" and are not soliciting, selling anything, or collecting donations. Being the reasonable person that I try to be, I couldn't very well argue with that logic.

So now, I have a "KEEP OUT!" sign on my gate. That sign did the trick. And if any missionary walks onto my property without permission, I won't have to feel bad when I yell at them.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: probably not 7th day adventists

hi this is sansei and once again,they came again trying to have us answer our door so we'd have to listen to what they wish to share
                      Sansei, you do NOT "have to listen"! Nobody is forcing you to listen. There is no county, state or federal law that says you have to listen.
                      Simply answer the door, immediately say "No, thank you" and gently close the door, even if they try to continue talking. Just. Close. The. Door.
                      End of problem. Because as long as you continue to not answer the door, whoever it is will have your house on a list to go back to. And they will continue to come back until someone does answer the door. Understand?

And here's another tip. Exactly 10 nights from tonight, on October 31, there will be a whole lot of little angels and devils and monsters knocking on your door. They will not be religious salespeople, and you can make them go away by contributing small amounts of candy to them.
                      Hey. Maybe that would work with the bigger people too?!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to lika nui,we do have a no solociting sign only they dont follow what our sign say's and i did e-mail the church only no response and i requested to them not to visit our home while in our neighborhood so i thought to share this with everyone.

i realize this is a free country only it's not kind when they come back if we dont answer our door,that's unkind and i hope when they receive my e-mail that their senior will advise them not to visit our home so that's my hope day after day so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time also likanui,we dont give out halloween candy since the time of my father's passing is my mom did it for year's and since her age is in her 80's and i myself have no energy to pass out candy since most of the childern in our neighborhood are mostly grown,it wouldnt be nice to pass out candy.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Your only hope, sansei...

...is to vote for Obama on Nov. 4th!
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: probably not 7th day adventist

hi this is sansei and in response to lika nui,we do have a no solociting sign
                            That was Amati and Helen's comments, not mine.

i did e-mail the church
                            If you haven't answered the door and talked to them, how did you know their e-mail address?
                            And by e-mailing someone, you'll now have them e-mailing you in addition to knocking on your door!

also likanui,we dont give out halloween candy (...) it wouldnt be nice to pass out candy.
                            That's just... sad. And pretty pathetic.

Comment

Re: Your only hope, sansei...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              ...is to vote for Obama on Nov. 4th!
                              Am I the only one who wonders how Sansei can keep track of every detail of those who answer him, and then he gives a response, yet he can be completely blank on simple things like how to get rid of door-to-door solicitors? Besides the fact that the evidently the whole family is incapable of yelling "no, go away" through a closed door, but would choose instead to hide in the bathroom?

Sensei, me thinks one of my legs is getting longer and longer.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: thread perversion

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                Sensei, me thinks one of my legs is getting longer and longer.
                                You're getting aroused?!?
                                Time to evaculate!

Comment

Working...
                                X