X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th day adventist

Cause he heard a voice tell him..."Sansei, it's the 7th day ADVENTIST."

heheheh

Sorry. I didn't take my Lithium...I'm Bi-polar.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Answering the door in your underoos also makes for an uncomfortable encounter and discourages repeat visits. Jus' sayin'!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        Answering the door in your underoos also makes for an uncomfortable encounter and discourages repeat visits. Jus' sayin'!
        How about those with a fit and healthy body? They might come again.

Comment

that would be called putting on your, "sunday's best."
          Last edited by kani-lehua; November 8, 2008, 09:36 AM.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            that would be called putting on your, "sunday's best."
            You could also answer the door in your birthday suit....they might come back for your birthday.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              You could also answer the door in your birthday suit....they might come back for your birthday.

oh, but isn't one trying to make the point of not having them return?
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Don't give them something they can hang their hat, cap, or plain donuts on?

Comment

I have thoroughly enjoyed this exchange, so thank you to sansei, LikaNui, tutusue, amati, and especially localmoco for the laughs.

sansei, I have a feeling what I'm about to write is going to fall upon deaf ears, but may I ask if you've considered what you are hiding from? As has been pointed out, so far the only thing these visitors have done is knock on your door. You have avoided communicating with them in any reasonably effective way. Are you hiding from interaction? From confrontation? From the discomfort that often comes when people talk about religion and as you personal questions about your beliefs?

These are all legitimate reasons for avoidance, but the avoidance itself is causing you more stress than it should. I sincerely doubt that your visitors wish to cause you this much anxiety, but how do they know they are causing it if you don't say something?

As a person of faith myself, I understand the compulsion many people have to share it with others. And like MOST others who share this compulsion, I understand that it makes some people feel uncomfortable and I try to be sensitive to that. Just tell them that you wish not to be visited.

Or (forgiveness for my own proselytizing asked in advance) maybe ask yourself if your discomfort stems from a realization that something is missing in your life and you don't want to confront that. If you think that might be it, I've got some literature I'd be happy to share...
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I, too, am a member of the 7th Day Anarchist Church. I take offense to all the jokes about the work we do. Sansei, I have been to your house several times and I thought no one was home. I was just trying to hand out some McCain/Palin literature. I wasn't trick or treating, I was giving out McCandy taffy with picture of McCain as POW and Palin with dead wolf. I have lots of literature left....oh I mean right, extremely right. So Sansei I need for you to start helping me with my Palin/2012 literature...wink, wink. You can help me walk the neighborhood and knock on doors. It's not too early to start, 2012 is just around the corner. Ya betcha!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Don't give them something they can hang their hat, cap, or plain donuts on?
                      Careful, SEEKING PENANCE will get out his baseball bat and whack, whack you over the head.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                        oh, but isn't one trying to make the point of not having them return?
                        That's right, one look at my birthday suit and they would never return!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Or (forgiveness for my own proselytizing asked in advance) maybe ask yourself if your discomfort stems from a realization that something is missing in your life and you don't want to confront that. If you think that might be it, I've got some literature I'd be happy to share...
                          So, What was opinion of Bill Maher's Religulous?

Comment

I am actually looking forward to seeing it. Maher, like me, is a libertarian, and he has said on many occasions that he considers himself a religious person. I don't worry about intelligent inquiries into this kind of thing; if what I believed couldn't stand up to such scrutiny, it wouldn't be worth believing. Have you seen it?
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I am actually looking forward to seeing it. Maher, like me, is a libertarian, and he has said on many occasions that he considers himself a religious person. I don't worry about intelligent inquiries into this kind of thing; if what I believed couldn't stand up to such scrutiny, it wouldn't be worth believing.
                              Well, that's sure a refreshing and open-minded POV. But with many Christian evangelicals, it's just the opposite. Catholics, Born Agains, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons,.... those that I know admit they don't question or debate their beliefs in church or they risk excommunication. Instead of worshipping their god based on an intelligent consideration of the facts, it's like these churches use parishoner's fears of ostracism and outcasting to keep everybody in line. That's one of the things that has really turned me off from religion. To me, it's a form of propaganda and brainwashing. Taking away people's sense of independent thinking. All too common in religion, multi-level marketing organizations, cults, and worse.

In all of them, there's somebody sitting at the very top,... laughing all the way to the bank.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I am actually looking forward to seeing it. Maher, like me, is a libertarian, and he has said on many occasions that he considers himself a religious person. I don't worry about intelligent inquiries into this kind of thing; if what I believed couldn't stand up to such scrutiny, it wouldn't be worth believing. Have you seen it?
                                I watch his Real Time show. I like when he talks politics, but I feel uncomfortable when he puts down religion. Even though his target is religion, the ones who get offended are the ordinary good hearted people who believe in simple answers to complicated questions.
                                Growing up, my parents were non-confrontational when it came to religion. It might be a local thing to hide when a stranger tries to talk religion to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X