• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leashlaws
    replied
    Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

By all means! Vent away! It sounds
    like you had a frustrating situation today. I'll send good thoughts your way!

My minor irritation with the savant that does our yard is nothing compared to yours. Will he or will he not show up.....that's the question. How hard is it to remember every other Thursday? He's hard to get a hold of since he forgets to pay his phone bill and it gets shut off........No doubt he'll whine and say "I can come Saturday"

Leave a comment:

• kani-lehua
    replied
    Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

i nearly bit the head off the substitute hospice nurse. anyone care to join in?

sorry, just venting. bad start to the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

HTer's, although we are indeed usually a wonderous crowd in general, who post SIMPLE questions instead of just spending 30 seconds googling.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    In a similar thread on some other board somewhere else, YOU were probably her "peeve of the day!"
    thanks for pointing that out dork

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    I should be sorry - I ran into her later that afternoon and apologized; reminded her I meant what I said - it was unfair of me to bark at her.

She gave me smile walked away and cursed under her breath.

LOL
    In a similar thread on some other board somewhere else, YOU were probably her "peeve of the day!"

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
    I'm sorry you had a hard time SP. Sometimes that's what happen when you deal with people, no matter where you are.
    I should be sorry - I ran into her later that afternoon and apologized; reminded her I meant what I said - it was unfair of me to bark at her.

She gave me smile walked away and cursed under her breath.

LOL

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

hospital workers who do not know their own way around their own hospitals
    It's like a maze in Queen's Hospital.

Leave a comment:

• sophielynette
    replied

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    Thanks. I'll remind myself next time to NOT take queens Hospital, even if my life depended on it. lol.

Some people at the Queens Hospital, I tell ya .

I've not been here long, but I've been to Queens numerous times, and they're always beyond courteous to me. It's my preferred hospital.

I'm sorry you had a hard time SP. Sometimes that's what happen when you deal with people, no matter where you are.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied

Thanks. I'll remind myself next time to NOT take queens Hospital, even if my life depended on it. lol.

Some people at the Queens Hospital, I tell ya .

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    started a topic Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

SP - "aloha, how are you this morning - how do i get to the kamehameha wing"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "I think you take that elevator up to the 3rd floor and you make a left - oh no wait i think you make a right or just walk forward"

SP - "thanks - are you a doctor here?"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "Yes I am - can't you tell"

SP - "well with your instructions I would want definet directions from a doctor who has worked here for quite sometime - i don't want you to tell me that you think it is either on my left or right or straight forward"

Man in the white coat with the name tag hanging from his pocket coat - "was all that necessary?"

SP - "if you knew your way around the hospital you work for or at - we wouldn't be having this conversation - have a good day"

SP - "Morning"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - *looks at me up and down and snobs me - with no response to my morning greeting*

SP - "You must be having a rough morning - Did you not hear me say Morning? By the way - can you direct me at how to get to the kamehameha wing"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - *looks at me again with a snobby attitude* - "make a right as you exit the elevator make left at the ending of hallway - waiting room should be on your left hand side"

SP - Thank you

SP - *exits elevator - hold the elevator door with foot on my way out* - "thank you again for the directions - next time i ask you a question let alone a greeting; don't do that - don't snob me - my insurance company pays half your salary and i pay the other half - i have a dear friend in surgery and the moment - that isn't your problem - granted we are at a hospital and you are a hospital worker - where is your sense of compassion? - are you miserable in some way at home or just an awful person because that name tag you have hanging from your blouse makes you somewhat superior to us folks that are paying your salary - who constantly come in and out of the hospital seeking help - yet i am sure you make it a fucking habit to snob every tom dick and harry that comes to this hospital?"

Female worker in the elevator with name tag on her blouse - "whatever"

Elevator door closes ******

This was at queens hospital.

Sad really sad
Working...
X