Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matapule
    replied
    Re: Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Take another guess why I chose my avatar.
    You're a celebate monk who has a personal relationship with a pipe

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied
    Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
    If Jessica Alba tied me to her bed posts and then lit up a cig, I'd still let her do anything she wanted to do to me. I'd even let her use my bellybutton as an ashtray.
    I would, too, if it's only for the sex.

But if it comes down to having a meaningful relationship, not even a hottie like Jessica Alba can attract me if she smoke. That also goes for hottie with fake boobs (only for sex, not for love) unless they have a prior mastectomy for medical reason.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
    Dated a smoker once in college, although I was allergic. Made a vow to never date another smoker ever again after that. As other people mentioned, it was like kissing an ashtray, albeit sometimes a gum-scented ashtray.
    Really? To me, it's more like kissing a tailpipe of a really bad muffler, no matter how much they tried to disguise it (mouth wash, gums, mints, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Yo Random! Is that one smokin' avatar you got?
    I don't smoke in real life. Take another guess why I chose my avatar.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

We can share chewing tobacco spit cups.
    Which is more of a tramp stamp, a butt tatoo or a cig butt dangling from her lips?

Leave a comment:

• DiverDown808
    replied

If Jessica Alba tied me to her bed posts and then lit up a cig, I'd still let her do anything she wanted to do to me. I'd even let her use my bellybutton as an ashtray.

But yes, todays world is very particular about health issues so I doubt you'll find many non-smokers who will allow a smoker into their lives. And if they did, they'll probably have a list of conditions that have to be followed in order to maintain that relationship, which will eventually irritate the smoker.

The pool is small, but there might be a nice fish in there.

DD

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

I smoked for about 13 years when I was young(er). I enjoyed everything about it; from the lighters to cigarette cases, a whole style scene. Then I quit just
    quit. Almost everyone I knew at the time smoked and in the dorm it was
    almost unheard of to be a non-smoker. Everyone I dated smoked it seemed.
    Then it wasn't a problem to smell yucky and have your clothes reek especially
    from parties and bars. How time changes.

Now, I wouldn't consider a smoker for many reasons. Personal concern for
    health, a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY and the smell issue on breath/clothes/home.
    I love it on eBay when it is stated "from a non-smoking home." When we have
    parties there is only one couple that smokes it's amazing they stay outside and
    don't mind. Other guests join them and due to the outdoor setting the smoke
    is not so annoying. I love them dearly and would never think not to include
    them at a gathering.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaKine
    replied

I tend to only date smokers. I did go out with non-smoker once and overlooked her non-smoking fault at least for a little while.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Going into my relationship with P.K., he knew I was a smoker. Every night before we went to bed, he would calmly tell me "Honey, when are you going to quit smoking?" Some nights, I would smile and say, "One day." On others...I would get out of bed and yell "SDFU!! I NOT GOING QUIT!" He remained the same loving man and waited patiently until one day for no reason at all I made the decision.

Oh! The question.

Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Hell no. Not for me.

If you gonna date? There's someone for you whether you smoke or not.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• KeleiGrrrl
    replied

I was partnered with someone for 13 years that chewed tobacco but feel like I got the ole bait and switch pullled on me. I didn't know about this particular habit until I'd moved in with him after 3 years of dating. He'd quit before meeting me and started up again after we moved in together. I didn't even know he'd ever chewed. I will never, ever date someone that chews. Hopefully I don't get the ole bait and switch next time! He was a pretty good guy in most respects but that one always ticked me off.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    who would want to make out let alone date a "blah" that smells like an ashtray

yes amati...yes to your question
    I dated a smoker once...but she was worth it

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

who would want to make out let alone date a "blah" that smells like an ashtray

yes amati...yes to your question

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Dated a smoker once in college, although I was allergic. Made a vow to never date another smoker ever again after that. As other people mentioned, it was like kissing an ashtray, albeit sometimes a gum-scented ashtray.

Increased sensitivity to smoke of any kind over the years has only strengthened that vow of mine. Nowadays if I smell cigarette smoke for even five minutes my nose gets clogged up and my throat gets irritated and I wake up sounding like I have a frog in my throat. Exposure for more than 10 min and I start coughing and my eyes start watering and my nose starts running--and it says like that for the rest of the night and well into the morning, even if I remove myself from the smokey situation.

I inherited my mom's allergies. I suppose in some ways it's a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by AbsolutChaos; November 24, 2008, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. I assume I'm also allergic to cigar and pipe smoke, too, but I've not been exposed to those recently. I used to hate the smell of cigars but the smell of any kind of smoke is no longer an issue!

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    I find the smell of a good cigar, and even bad pipe tobacco, to be not offensive.

I assumed your poll meant ciggy's. They stink like a$$. A hot chick, who lights a coffin nail, is a turn-off, like Tatt says. Also, a hot chick, with a scent of an old ciggy around her, is simply NOT a hot chick.

Your poll is incomplete. The only burning, smokable substance I detest is ciggy's. And believe me, if you could light it, I have tried it, except for ciggy's.

Poll is unanimous so far. Looks like the answer to your question is a definitive YES.
    I think the poll allows for up to 10 choices. Guess I could have added as a choice, "Yes, but only if it is a good smelling cigar".

Yes, KT, it does seem to be overwhelming that non-smokers prefer other non-smokers. The comments being posted are as interesting as the poll itself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X