Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    thanks leo - the ending of my icky tuesday is now a happy happy tuesday

mahalo

bassoon *sounds out bassoon* hhhhhmmmmm has a kinky penance sound to it *sounds out bassoon again* mmmmmmmmm

mahalo
    SP, they should have made you a regular on "Seinfeld," you would have fit right in. Of course, HT is a funnier, lowbrow version of Seinfeld with more screwballs, misfits, and Bob Jones to boot!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Which is more of a tramp stamp, a butt tattoo or a cig butt dangling from her lips?
      Both sound appealing.....
      An advertised oral fixation and a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
        a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?
        Highly contagious?

Comment

And the downside would be?

Involves a lawyer?
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Smokers are very much alive and well. Iron gets tougher under heat. It's called tempering.

Rebel by nature. Ruled by none!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering
            Last edited by AlohaKine; November 27, 2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
              Rebel to the grave, if you wish, friend. Just don't force anyone to come along with you.

The majority of smokers I know are respectful of the wishes of others who do NOT want to breathe their smoke. In return, I try to be respectful of the desire of a smoker to smoke; it does not make the smoker evil, or sub-human, or weaker than any other person.

I don't want to breathe their smoke - they generally don't want to make me do so. No need for demonization of either side.

Comment

Smokers are very much alive and well. Iron gets tougher under heat. It's called tempering.
                Then go jump in the fire, "IronKine."

Other than that, you're just smoking. So that's make you a piece of bacon.

Rebels are loners. They don't go with the crowd, and they don't want the crowd to follow him. So far, I see smokers come in pack (pun intended).
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  Both sound appealing.....
                  An advertised oral fixation and a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?
                  Like mother, like daughter.
                  It would be hard to as Chris Rock would say, "Keep your daughter off the pole."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering
                    It's not the heating that toughens iron, it's the sudden quenching which creates stress in the material. If you heat iron and let it cool gradually, then the tempering is lost. That's why it's important to always throw water on any lit cigarette, especially when it's being held by someone (that's when you get to see the temper[ing]). Freedom from secondhand smoke is my goal.
                    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Hey ! Sorry if I posted in the wrong place

Nearly 2 years ago, I quit smoking with the help nicotine patches. At the same time, I quit coffee and tea because the first thing I did every morning was to get up and have a ciggy and a cuppa. An association thing ?

I still get craving moments but they pass.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                        Freedom from secondhand smoke is my goal.
                        Freedom from being forced to breath smoke free air is mine. If my girl ever quit and banned it from her place, I'd dump her on the spot. However, she's not like that.

I'm all for most places not having smoking, I just tend to stay away. I know there is a segment of the population that wants to have venues like that to choose from. However picking on our portion of bars that we can still go to and our homes is unacceptible.

Comment

Here is what I figure is the (current as of today) results of the survey. I am not a statistician or mathematician, but I figure:

Approx 25 % of population are smokers, who will [probably] date another smoker. So, out of a group of 100 people, a smoker has a built in pool of 25 people to date.
                          According to the poll, of non-smokers there are 25% who will date a smoker. So, of the 75 non-smokers in the group of 100, 19 people will date a smoker.
                          25 smokers + 19 non-smokers = 44 potental people to date [44/100]

Guess the odds are not THAT BAD, if the smoker is satisfied with having in a room full of [otherwise elegible] potential dates there is a 44% chance of one of them being willing to date the smoker.

But, on the other hand, in a room of 100 [otherwise elegible] people, the smoker has 56% of the people NOT WILLING to date them due to their smoking. That cuts out alot of people from the dating pool.

Please correct my math if it is wrong ..... I'd hait for Bub Jones too not onli tink I canot spel but thet my mathe is bad to.
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            I wasn't sure where to put this ? So here it is in the Environment thread. Feel Free to move it.
                            Are you sure you smoked tobacco because of your craving for Panda burgers? This posting might be suited for dating a pot smoker thread.

Comment

How timely an offer - smokers you can increase your chances in the dating pool by buying a $3600 "weekend":

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...sort_stay.html

"For those who have tried everything to quit smoking with no success, the American Lung Association of Hawaii offers pricey, but luxurious, counseling.
                              The Breathe Weekend will be held April 3-5 at the Ihilani Resort. Between sessions, participants will enjoy spa treatments and other amenities available at the luxury resort.
                              Participants are asked to pledge $3,600, which covers materials, the weekend stay, all meals and spa treatments. Funds raised will support the association's programs, national research and advocacy."

Does this seem sort of a strange undertaking by the Lung Association, their putting out big donation dollars for a luxurious resort weekend?
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                How timely an offer - smokers you can increase your chances in the dating pool by buying a $3600 "weekend":

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...sort_stay.html

"For those who have tried everything to quit smoking with no success, the American Lung Association of Hawaii offers pricey, but luxurious, counseling.
                                The Breathe Weekend will be held April 3-5 at the Ihilani Resort. Between sessions, participants will enjoy spa treatments and other amenities available at the luxury resort.
                                Participants are asked to pledge $3,600, which covers materials, the weekend stay, all meals and spa treatments. Funds raised will support the association's programs, national research and advocacy."

Does this seem sort of a strange undertaking by the Lung Association, their putting out big donation dollars for a luxurious resort weekend?
                                They'd have to pay ME $3600 to not smoke for a whole weekend. I likely pocket the cash and then just sneak it.

What's more the money gets stuffed into "advocacy" pockets. So my hard earned money can get stuffed into some professional lobbyist's pockets so they can make smoker's lives even harder then they already are while trashing our hospitality industry.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ALA BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X