The Panda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Panda

I wasn't sure where to put this ? So here it is in the Environment thread. Feel Free to move it.

The Panda

It's recently been announced that the Panda's genome has been figured out. Shockingly, it's been revealed to be a type of bear unsure.

Personally, I've always thought that being an extremely fussy eater coupled with a lack of interest in sex is nature's way of saying 'you're fired'.

The case against the Panda is this. It's the biggest piece of eye candy the conservation movement has, and consequently the panda receives a disproportionately large amount of resources - financial, material and human - in an attempt to sustain this single species. It only eats a particular type of bamboo a certain age, to which it's not particularly well adapted to eating as it was originally a carnivore or omnivore - not a herbivore. It famously shows no interest in reproduction, and it lives in the world's most over-populated country.

Funnily enough, I found out recently that the naturalist Chris Packham has similar views regarding the Panda. It looks like I'd be with him as we throw the world's last panda onto the barbecue. He claims that it's better to save a habitat, firstly, and that, secondly, to focus on particular species means that unglamorous species such as rats and the like, will be over-looked in favour of the furry, cute and cuddly ones.

Panda burger, anyone?

By merln, shot with EX-Z40 at 2008-11-27

Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this ? So here it is in the Environment thread. Feel Free to move it.
    Uhhh...What?

Barry - please check where you post. This is the second time you've put up something that has absolutely NO connection whatsoever to the thread or the topic being discussed.

Comment

Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      I wasn't sure where to put this ? So here it is in the Environment thread. Feel Free to move it.[...]
      Barry...this isn't the 'Environment thread'. This thread involves a poll and discussion regarding dating smokers. It has nothing to do with pandas or panda burgers. Nothing.

Now...go back to HT's main page and look at all the forums. You'll see various forum topics. Go ahead...do it now...peruse them...then come back to this message.

<waiting>

Find a FORUM that most represents the topic you want to post about. Can't find one? Then, use 'Mixed Plate'.

BTW...you can also use the 'search' feature to see if there is already a thread devoted to your choice of subject matter. If there isn't then...guess what? You can start a brand new thread in the appropriate forum.

I also suggest you read HT's FAQ.

Comment

Working...
      X