Barefoot in Beach Bathrooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barefoot in Beach Bathrooms?

The beach bathrooms are so gross. You're doing good if you get a door, and if you have a door, you're doing great if it has a latch. It's a fantastic day if you have toliet paper.

So is it just me or is it totally nasty to walk around barefoot in the beach park bathrooms? If I have to change in one of them, I'm doing the "balance on your slippahs and don't let your feet touch the ground" dance, but some women just saunter around with no shoes on. Does anyone else find this gross? Am I just a germ-a-phobe?
    Ewww, nasty!
    83.87%
    What's the big deal?
    16.13%

Can't think of anything creative this time

Re: Barefoot in Beach Bathrooms?

Yeah, they all have that exquisite smell and moisturizing layer of slime :6
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Even refusing to go barefoot, SG, you're much more tolerant than I am. I won't even go in a beach bathroom!

Comment

absolutely foul

yucky - icky

i always carry a medium container of baby wipes in my bag - and an extra medium bag in case of emergencies or situations with public bathrooms

stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Even refusing to go barefoot, SG, you're much more tolerant than I am. I won't even go in a beach bathroom!
          Well, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go! Sometimes it's all you've got. I just hold my breath and read the graffiti to keep my mind off the ew factor. Some of it's really entertaining, especially if you have a friend to read it aloud to (only advisable if you are the only people in said bathroom).

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I remember going into the bathroom across from the zoo in Waikiki, and apparently there was something wrong with the plumbing because every time someone would flush, at least an inch of water would flood all the stalls. I sincerely hope it was clean water, but no telling. One woman was apparently disgusted, because she turned to her daughter and said "We'll just pee in the showers."

Like surlygirly said, I just try not to think about it. Because if you actually stop to think about the ew factor, you realize that -nothing- is safe. Nothing.
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
              One woman was apparently disgusted, because she turned to her daughter and said "We'll just pee in the showers."
              Which is why I always wear slippah in the restroom AND the public showers at the beach.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I was really annoyed when the City "renovated" the Ala Moana Beach Park bathrooms and roofed the shower stalls over. Before, they were roofless and the bright sunshine kept the algae and slime to a minimum. Now? Ugh.

Comment

I remember years ago, back in the '60's, they had squat toilets in some of the public restrooms on Molokai. Oh, baby, you haven't lived til you have used one of those jewels! You're all just a bunch of sissies today.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Not only will I not enter those things barefoot, but if I've got covered shoes in my car, I'll make the extra trip to the vehicle to put shoes on before I go in there. Gross.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      I was really annoyed when the City "renovated" the Ala Moana Beach Park bathrooms and roofed the shower stalls over. Before, they were roofless and the bright sunshine kept the algae and slime to a minimum. Now? Ugh.
                      Why the need for a roof over the shower? So people wouldn't get rained on?

Comment

If I trudge thru the sand all the way to the bathroom and don't have shoes with me, I'm going in anyway. I prefer shoes on, of course, but if I forgot 'em, no big deal. Usually. Unless theres glass on the floor or I have a cut on my foot or something like that. Once a girl loaned me her shoes after coming out of a particularly gross beach bathroom. That was cool. Trying not to think about the ickiness is key.

But, hey, I drink the water in Mexico too. I guess I could never be accused of being germaphobic.
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Oh yeah, and no paper is annoying. If I find that the beach bathrooms don't have tp, I'm not going in there anymore. Having to drip dry once is bad enough, I don't want to do that all day at the beach. So, sometimes ya gotta pee in the sea. Fish do it...
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            I remember years ago, back in the '60's, they had squat toilets in some of the public restrooms on Molokai. Oh, baby, you haven't lived til you have used one of those jewels! You're all just a bunch of sissies today.
                            If you're referring to the restrooms at One Ali'i Parks (both of them), I agree.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

If I have to go in there, my feet are usually covered in sand; helps with the grip factor, at least at first.

If it's too gnarly in there, I wash off at the outdoor shower or head back into the ocean.

Have to confess I have "relieved myself" in the ocean water occasionally; I try my bestest to get away from anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X