Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lent

Lent

Starts here today. If you had to give something up during this period, what would it be ?

I will start off :- Turkish delights (I hate them anyway)

Re: Lent

I guess I'll be giving up sex.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

my daughter always gives up chocolate but 40 days without my favorite food group just won't work.

guess i'll have to go along with Susie!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

yeah! same here. can't wait to tell the bf
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I've given up drinking anything except water. It was really hard on Wed, and yesterday I accidently drank a sip of tea without thinking about it, but it's getting better.

My best friend gave up buying useless crap. Which totally sucks, b/c now who am I going to hit the $1 bins at Target with?? We really should have talked this through first....

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
            I've given up drinking anything except water. It was really hard on Wed, and yesterday I accidently drank a sip of tea without thinking about it, but it's getting better.

My best friend gave up buying useless crap. Which totally sucks, b/c now who am I going to hit the $1 bins at Target with?? We really should have talked this through first....

Please don't tak this thread too seriously ! It's only a suggestion Have a laugh, but you Can't give up drinks.

Comment

Barry, I gave up HT for Lent and yesterday I thought god was helping me out! I've fallen off the wagon today. Shortest Lent ever!
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Pre-packaged potato chips. Especially cheetos and cheese balls. They're my favorite and I'm the type of guy that gets the huge barrel o cheeseballs at sams club lol. I'm going to try giving up fast food too. The fastfood one may be difficult with a preggo wife....
                -kp!

Comment

baby ruth and butterfinger
                  stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                    baby ruth and butterfinger
                    hah haha ha! SP you naughty boy!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Swearing. Heck yeah Christian Bale!

Comment

Please don't tak this thread too seriously ! It's only a suggestion Have a laugh, but you Can't give up drinks.
                        Hey, it's the first year I've been trying to do Lent right in a long time. I even remembered not to eat meat yesterday!

I wonder if I can give up paying bills I don't think are fair?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

This year, for the first time in a long time, I proclaimed that i was giving up coffee drinks (Starbucks/Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf) for lent.

FAILED today!
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Swearing. Heck yeah Christian Bale!
                            same here. i think sometime last night, when eric and i did another "play around waikiki and make tourist" date, i must have fallen off the lent wagon and used a cuss word adverbially or adjectivally at some point. a rumfire lemon chiffon breeze, rogue morimoto soba, youngberry chocolate (poorly poured, btw--too much lindeman's made for feeling like i was drinking cough syryp. ech!), maui brewing coconut porter (all beers from yardhouse) and then a grey goose pear pres poured by paul, formerly of the ocean club (that was the best drink of the night, btw) will loosen a tongue so that it wags out of virtue and into bad habits.

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            Hey, it's the first year I've been trying to do Lent right in a long time. I even remembered not to eat meat yesterday!
                            this is the first lent since i moved out of my mom's that i've attempted the no mammals or grown fowl friday fast. i'm already planning to make a tuna puttanesca for next friday.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Got any more Lent (i.e., no mammal-based meat) recipes?

Sorry, won't eat insect.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X