Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinatown drug shooting

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    1) Do something? I've tried, but the powers that be aren't truly interested. They have their agenda's and it ain't always what the officers at your board meetings say it is.

Complaining? Being pollyannish isn't gonna help, but getting the topics out and generating greater discussion may, even if some don't like the way it happens. Your grumbling at my grumbling doesn't help either, and I'm not about to stop. So turn that frown upside down!
    You did something? Really.

Pollyannish? Getting the topics out on a Public Forum your way is gonna help how??? The last I heard, there is a system and people who are elected by their peers who (cough, cough) ...neba mind.

I did it again. And again.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Which would be saying they are out in force during the daytime mainly to be seen and write tickets because the major crimesters are being surveyed by those we can't see. If their undercovers are so vigilant and effective, then the daily mass patrols are serving little added purpose.
      Hmmm. This sounds like a much belated recognition of what somebody else foresaw right from the beginning of this thread.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      I will also say that in the particular case of this Chinatown shooting,.... I frankly don't know if the way to ultimately defusing this gang "turf war" is by sending out more officers onto the streets of Downtown 24/7 with the idea of arresting the small-time dealers and runners. All the small-potato arrests will accomplish is to simply move the dealings elsewhere. If you really want to curb gang activity and violence, you've got to go up higher in the chain. It takes undercover work, planning, intelligence operations, surveillance, etc. to nab the big fish.
      Opps! Sorry for blowing my own horn. That was so immodest of me.

But having said that,.....

I repeat what I said a couple of days ago. The added "visible" HPD presence was what outspoken people in the Chinatown community were demanding in the aftermath of the shooting. Never mind how useful it would be in getting to the root of the problem and never mind if it was the wisest utilization of HPD resources. Those people got what they wished for,...... and here we find ourselves in this debate. They got the police presence they wanted, but now that they have them, they don't want the officers to do their damn jobs! That's a pity, because there are other places on this island that could use those bodies. There are other neighborhoods who would gladly have those unappreciated officers in Chinatown be a regular part of their communities so that response time to their 911 calls will be quicker.

Just go after the "bad guys and scofflaws," but leave me alone if my parking meter is expired or if I run a red light. IOW, go after everybody else who breaks the law EXCEPT ME!

Totally reasonable expectation for John Q. Public to expect from the local police force.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Yes, really

Maybe having things out on this forum isn't going to help you, but it may help me or someone else devise beneficial ways.

You wish to play in the political pool, I don't. I'm not an ass kisser or shmoozer, and without some of that you go nowhere.

=
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Yes, really

Maybe having things out on this forum isn't going to help you, but it may help me or someone else devise beneficial ways.

You wish to play in the political pool, I don't. I'm not an ass kisser or shmoozer, and without some of that you go nowhere.

=
          Ok...ass kisser or shmozer? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Me? Tickle me purple. Too funny. I laughing to hard I no can type. I come back when I get my composure.

Comment

aloha HT ohana

hhhhmmmmm - hi auntie!!!

have a pleasant week HT ohana
            stay forever young

Comment

Well...

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Ok...ass kisser or shmozer? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Me? Tickle me purple. Too funny. I laughing to hard I no can type. I come back when I get my composure.
              ...I understand you didn't win your last election, so I doubt you filled the bill on those accounts. Good for you! I'd not be surprised, but I bet you'd be surprised that I'd vote for you on those merits alone.

Comment

Primary is over.

I lost.

Councilmember, Dist VII
                CACHOLA, Romy M. 6,037 68.00%
                HONG, Lillian Lai-Lam Wang 1,602 18.04%
                VASQUEZ-DELA CERNA, Lynn 1,238 13.94%

"I knew going in would be a long shot. So I made shua I had FuN and learned. I wasn't prepared for the hate and ugliness I was to encounter. Yes. Get plenny opala and kakas...up the yangs, yangs. Like the song. "Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within."
                http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?p=4

Lynn

Comment

Re: Yes, really

At least you are man enough to admit you are going nowhere. Now if you would just get a brain, and realize that well-intentioned HT’rs have led you the trough of solutions and it’s up to you whether you want to drink.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Why should I go anywhere when I'm already there?

I won't go anywhere that reqires ass kissing or shmoozing, but if that's how you get anywhere, then I'm not surprised.
                    I'll bet I'm infinitely happier with my simple, yet awesome, and fun life than you are.
                    And yes, I'm certainly man enuf to admit anything in my life, thank you.
                    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 14, 2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

One way to eliminate drug related turf wars is to legalize all of it. After all, it worked like a charm with alcohol in the 30's.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        One way to eliminate drug related turf wars is to legalize all of it. After all, it worked like a charm with alcohol in the 30's.
                        [Hummmmm, I think TimKona is thowing out some online bait .....]
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          Prohibition in the 1920s was used by such as Rockefeller as a way to eliminate alcohol as a fuel, and to get us heavily onto petroleum. Alcohol has always been the way to go.
                          If we legalized all drugs, there would be a huge need to increase the civic health and help services which are increasingly being depleated and eliminated. The users would eventually drop in numbers and level off, but until then it would be impossible to deal with the problems created. Pot on the other hand is hardly worth criminalizing at all, just keep users from behind the wheel. It was yet another contrived and misuse of Gmt. to allow people like Hearst to make $ off timber.
                          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 15, 2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

to allow people like Hearst to make $ off timber.
                            Initially I thought, WTH? But now I get it: Hearst=newspapers=newsprint=timber. It's a bit of a stretch, so I'm not sure what your point is.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Marijuana = Hemp = paper

It was used to make paper because it was quick growing and had long fibers. Kentucky and many of the Indian reservations grew hemp and were supported by the US government in the growing of hemp during the 1800's.

Industrial hemp is the same plant as pot just way less potent, so in order to take down competition Hearst and some others lumped it in with the more potent stuff, jazz clubs, Harlem and black men taking advantage of innocent white girls while under the influence.

The Oglala have been trying to get the right to grow industrial hemp on the rez again:

http://www.ratical.org/renewables/OglalaHemp.html

Here's a link with the history:

http://www.discussanything.com/forum...p/t-19006.html
                              Last edited by Peshkwe; May 15, 2009, 12:52 PM. Reason: add a link

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                                Marijuana = Hemp = paper

It was used to make paper because it was quick growing and had long fibers. Kentucky and many of the Indian reservations grew hemp and were supported by the US government in the growing of hemp during the 1800's.

Industrial hemp is the same plant as pot just way less potent, so in order to take down competition Hearst and some others lumped it in with the more potent stuff, jazz clubs, Harlem and black men taking advantage of innocent white girls while under the influence.
                                You summed it up well, in a nutshell.

Just to get some perspective on how much "less potent" industrial hemp is, it's been said that one would have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole to get high.

But with that said, I don't think the industrial hemp folks are doing themselves any favors by producing products that play-up its connection to the wacky weed variety.

http://www.greengurugear.com/files/i...p_men_1000.gif
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X